Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I don't want kids, they would make me feel violated, says Mariah Carey

Default I don't want kids, they would make me feel violated, says Mariah Carey

Her diva demands and well-known love of excess is usually guaranteed to send even the most accommodating celebrity haunts into a frenzy.

So staff may be breathing a sigh of relief that pop princess Mariah Carey says she doesn't want to have any kids in the foreseeable future.
    Perhaps there is just not enough room in the world for two Miss Careys. Scroll down for more...
    Top celebrity: Mariah Carey arrived in the UK earlier this month to promote her new album, with a 15-strong entourage with her, including bodyguards, stylists, hairdressers, publicists and managers

But in a somewhat bizarre explanation, the singer has claimed that having children would leave her feeling 'violated'.
    "It's hard to have kids in this world," she told OK! magazine. "I don't think I could properly educate a child right now. Maybe in the future, but I actually haven't thought about it.
    "For now, I enjoy my dog Jack's company. It's definitely because of childhood traumatic stuff. The whole not wanting to have a baby as a baby.
    "I never wanted to feel violated and I know that's a kind of weird thing to say, but that's how I am."
    Despite approaching her 40th birthday the singer's love of pampering shows no sign of waning. Scroll down for more...
    Despite approaching 40 the singer's love of pampering shows no sign of waning

Miss Carey, who spent a week in London promoting her new album earlier this month, admits insuring her shapely legs for £1million saying: "You gotta take care of yourself. You have to try and stay pretty, you know."
    In a revealing insight into just how far she will go to maintain her health, she admits to some rather strange rituals.
    "My life is bizarrely healthy in some ways. I have to be overly aware of people holding the microphones. Singers who are tuned into that know that if someone touches your microphone you have to sterilise it.
    And in perhaps the biggest understatement of her career, she claims that her lavish lifestyle is simply 'a little bit of heaven' that help her through some rough patches.
    "Everyday I'm on this earth, I'm going to learn something, whether it's dressing up two hours before you go on stage or maybe I had a bad moment but I pulled it off.
    "To me you can't let the hurt turn to pain and bitterness, otherwise I would really not be in a good place. You can't go through hell and come out of it if you haven't felt a little bit of heaven."
    On her recent trip to London, Miss Carey insisted on having a £10,000 personal gym installed in her penthouse at Mayfair hotel Claridge's.
    She booked every penthouse suite in the exclusive hotel to accommodate her 15 strong entourage of hairdressers, bodyguards and personal stylists.
    But perhaps her greatest moment of diva madness came during a trip in 2005 when at 2am she refused to check in to her hotel until a red carpet and scented candles lined the entrance. "I'll have 20 humidifiers around the bed," she revealed. "Basically, it's like sleeping in a steam room. The bed is all towelling cloth, the ceiling is sloped so the water can't fall on my head. My TV is behind glass."

I don't want kids, they would make me feel violated, says Mariah Carey | the Daily Mail

Try: I'm far too immature and I would compete with them to look younger.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

That and I'm too self-involved and up my own ass to think of anyone but myself.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I appreciate her honesty. I wish more women had the guts to say "I am just not cut out to be a mother" and stick with it. Mothering is hard work,even when fun. I have seen some god-awful mothers who I really feel ,had children because it was the next thing expected of them. Poor kids!
    In fact, there are many members of this board raised by just such women.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Caring for another human being sounds like it'd be quite the challenge for her. At least she knows it.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

I think it would be very difficult for a child to have her as a mother because of the issues she has. Too many people beleive that having kids will erase your problems, much like they feel marriage will fix a bad relationship.

Hope she doesn't change her mind.

At least she knows she's not mommy material.

I'll take the inheritance though

She knows they aren't for her, and that is definitely a good thing. At least she wont be bringing one more poor soul into the world that has more of a relationship with it's nanny than it's mother.

That's all right, Mariah, your potential kids don't want you to be their mother either because that would make them ugly and stupid and shallow.....

Yeah, at least she's self aware enough to recognize she's not mother material before she pops out a few and not after.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Hit By Ban Bus!

STFU Mimi!

At least she will admit it. Not everyone likes children, I can relate with her.
    They annoy the shit out of me and take up more of my time, energy and money than they would be worth.

Elite Member

She dresses so awful it's unreal.

She can't tale care of herself. Who would trust her with a child? I wish she would just STFU already and hire a stylist who didn't learn the trade by attiring the stars of Pimps Up Hos Down.

She's so stupid.
    In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on.
    Robert Frost

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information