Thread: Cameron Diaz gets support from Justin Timberlake at father's memorial service

Default Cameron Diaz gets support from Justin Timberlake at father's memorial service

Cameron Diaz got some friendly support from her exes Justin Timberlake and John Mayer as her family held a memorial service for her late father Sunday.

Emilio Diaz, 58, died of pneumonia Tuesday morning. On Wednesday, Cameron, 35, thanked everyone for their condolences in a message that read: "His humor and spirit will always live on in our hearts."

And in keeping with that exuberant Diaz family spirit, guests arrived at the memorial service at Mahe in Seal Beach in non-traditional garb. "Most people started arriving at 1:30 and hardly no one wore black," says a source."Lots of people were wearing Hawaiian shirts. It looked more like a party."

Timberlake and Mayer arrived separately and stayed until most people started leaving around 4 p.m. – after Cameron had spoken a few words to the group.

In lieu of flowers, the Diaz family has suggested donations to Surfrider.org or Reefcheck.org in Emilio's name.
    John Mayer (left) and Justin Timberlake attend Diaz's 'Celebration of Life' memorial

Cameron Diaz Gets Support from Justin Timberlake - Cameron Diaz, John Mayer, Justin Timberlake : People.com

Chasing Demri around our house in her walker!

That was nice of JT & John Mayer to do. I guess it's something they, especially JT who was with her for like 4 years, SHOULD have done anyway, but i'm still impressed & touched that he showed up to support her, for some reason.
    My precious baby girl:
    ~ Demri Elizabeth-June ~
    Arrived July 19th. 6 lbs.,5 oz.; 19.5". BEAUTIFUL !

That's nice!

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

That was sweet of JT to pay his respects and support Cameron. I'll scratch him off my asshole list for awhile.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Nice gesture of them both.

Nice to see good manners from these two for once.

I bet Jessica Biel was totally watching from the bushes.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I bet Jessica Biel was totally watching from the bushes.
    If I had been drinking anything, I would have spit it out all over my monitor. lolol

But yeah, it was the nice thing to do.
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?” George Carlin

How thoughtful of both of them. And Jessica was probably not happy Justin chose to go.

When did she date John Mayer?

Does that right pic look like Justin??
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

A grief-stricken Cameron Diaz has received some much-needed support from ex-boyfriend Justin Timberlake at a memorial service for her father.

The actress is said to be devastated following the sudden death of Emilio, 58, from pneumonia last Tuesday. The oil company foreman had been diagnosed with flu several weeks earlier.
    Scroll down for more...
    Grief-stricken: Cameron Diaz is comforted by a friend. The Hollywood actress asked guests to dress informally and requested that no flowers were brought to the service

Support: Justin Timberlake (left) and John Mayer arrive for the memorial service in Seal Beach, California. Emilio Diaz died suddenly from pneumonia last week

Mourning: Cameron Diaz puts on a brave face for the cameras

The informal service, which was held in Seal Beach, California, on Sunday, saw the Hollywood star comforted by Timberlake and another former boyfriend, singer-songwriter John Mayer, who dated Diaz earlier this year.

The pair arrived at the memorial separately and stayed until around 4pm, by which time most of the other guests had departed.
    Diaz - keen to ensure the service would be a celebration of her father's life - asked friends and family to wear colourful clothing and to not bring flowers.
    Instead, she asked guests to make donations to two ocean protection charities.
    One guest said: 'Most people started arriving at 1.30 and hardly anyone wore black.

'Lots of people were wearing Hawaiian shirts. It looked more like a party.'
    In a statement released last week, Diaz, who was very close to her father, said: 'My dad was loved by so many people. His humour and spirit will always live on in our hearts.'
    He is survived by his wife Billie and Diaz's older sister Chimene.
    Diaz and Timberlake split last January. The actress has since been single. Timberlake has been working with Madonna on her new album.
    Still smiling: The There's Something About Mary star said she had arranged the memorial to ensure that the service was a celebration of her father's life

Grieving Cameron Diaz comforted by Justin Timberlake at memorial service for her father | the Daily Mail

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    When did she date John Mayer?
    I think it was sometime either during the summer or fall of '07.

Thread Information