Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tom Cruise and John Travolta are no longer homo sapiens

Default Tom Cruise and John Travolta are no longer homo sapiens

FOXNews.com - Tom Cruise, John Travolta: Homo-Novis - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment

Cruise, Travolta: Homo-novis

Is it a conspiracy or just bad luck?

The anti-Scientology video we told you about on Monday afternoon featuring actor Jason Beghe has been removed from YouTube. Sort of.

The original video, put up by videographer Mark Bunker, is gone. YouTube pulled it late on Thursday. In the video, which Bunker made, Beghe describes his 13-year membership in the sect and why he left.

Bunker thinks YouTube took down the video under pressure from Scientology. It’s possible, of course, but unlikely. The video is still up on YouTube in other forms, including here (warning: contains offensive language). It’s also easily found just by typing Beghe’s name into most search engines.

Bunker says YouTube cancelled his account because of previous copyright issues with other videos he’s posted. He says those issues have been cleared up and he should have had time to prove that before they removed the Beghe interview.

YouTube, which is owned by Google, is not the easiest place to get an answer from. Ricardo Reyes, the head of public relations, told me Thursday night, "There’s no conspiracy here." He would not say if Scientology had pressured the video posting site into taking down the Bunker/Beghe video. Reyes e-mailed the official YouTube stance to me later on: "We do not comment on individual videos."

Despite this little flap, Beghe’s video has taken off like a rocket. The Village Voice newspaper here in New York as well as several video outlets have picked up the story about his brave escape from the sect. Some have even taken our original stories without credit. C’est la vie in this case. It was just important that Beghe get his story out to the widest audience possible.

Beghe has more to say, and a longer video, some of which we’ll see here next week. The more he describes the Scientology experience, the scarier it sounds. As he told me the other day: "A Scientologist who’s ‘clear’ believes he’s no longer a Homosapien. He’s Homo-novis, a new race. They believe they are the only hope for this section of the galaxy, starting with planet Earth."

Yes, Tom Cruise and John Travolta evidently believe this, Beghe says.

And, yes, Beghe did confirm with me what he’s talked about on the videos: All Scientology sessions are taped. Every one of them, including those of Cruise, Travolta and all celebrities. Does Beghe care if his tapes ever get out?

"Hell, no," he told me. "They won’t do that anyway because then the whole thing comes out and everyone knows there are tapes. They can’t do anything with them."

Beghe also told me that one possible theory for why the careers of Scientologists tend to go south is that the famous actors, such as Jenna Elfman or Juliette Lewis, "get so involved in thinking only they can save the world" that the sect overwhelms them.

This may be true: Elfman has had little luck since the cancellation of "Dharma and Greg," Lewis gets little acting work, Elfman’s husband, Bodhi, is only known because of Jenna and rocker Beck hasn’t had a real hit album since "Odelay" back in 1996.

As for Travolta, his career had a brief revival in 1994 with "Pulp Fiction." But he’s headlined a series of flops since then from "Be Cool" and "Ladder 49" to "Lucky Number," "Swordfish" and the Scientology-based sci-fi film "Battlefield: Earth." The rare exceptions were non-leads in "Hairspray" and "Wild Hogs."
    Last edited by KristiB; April 20th, 2008 at 02:11 PM.

oh my fucking god, you gotta be kidding me.

As he told me the other day: "A Scientologist who’s ‘clear’ believes he’s no longer a Homosapien. He’s Homo-novis, a new race. They believe they are the only hope for this section of the galaxy, starting with planet Earth."
    i don't know if i should laugh or cry now.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Jason Beghe is posting at OCMB under the name of "bixbear". I expect to hear a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Jason Beghe is posting at OCMB under the name of "bixbear". I expect to hear a lot more.
    huh?
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

That's pretty freaking delusional on their part. What have they done to help planet earth? Make shitty movies??

Elite Member

They got the "homo" part right anyway

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post

You got that right!

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

It just becomes clearer and clearer as to why they don't want this crap out in teh public domain. They must know, deep down, what a crock of shit it is.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post

Exactly what I was thinking!
    http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic515_3.gif

It's true that none of these celebrities have an active career anymore, Jenna Elfman, Juliette Lewis, Leah Remini, Anne Archer, Kirstie Alley, etc.
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Belindagogo View Post
    You got that right!
    HOMO NOVIS..........The new kind of poofta.
    Jack I swear.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I thought the title meant they were no longer 'friends with benefits'.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

All of them are sinking fast, even Tom Cruise. He is no exception to the co$ curse, and it's not really possible that he could ever make people forget that he's a loon.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

Nutters.
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?” George Carlin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information