Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sandra Bullock and husband Jesse James hit by drunk driver

Default Sandra Bullock and husband Jesse James hit by drunk driver

Actress Sandra Bullock and her husband, Jesse James, were hit by a drunk driver last night while riding in a private car in Gloucester, Mass., PEOPLE has learned.

Bullock, who is filming The Proposal on Cape Ann, and James, of Monster Garage fame, were being driven home for the evening around 9:50 p.m. Friday when a gray Subaru station wagon jumped lanes on East Main Street and smashed into their front end, police said. No one was injured.

"They were shaken up, needless to say," said Gloucester Police Lt. Gerry Cook. "But they were fine – he was hugging her. Jess and Sandra were hugging. They said they were fine, they didn’t need medical attention. There were quite a few people snapping pictures of them." The two walked away from the accident and were not even examined, he said.

The driver of the Subaru, identified as Lucille P. Gatchell, 64, from Gloucester by local cops, was given a field sobriety test by officers responding to the scene. Gatchell failed a field sobriety test and blew a .20 on the breathalyzer – two and a half times the legal limit, Cook said.

She was arrested, taken to the station, and booked on driving under the influence of alcohol and failure to stay in marked lanes. She was released on her own recognizance and will be arraigned on the charges Tuesday. Cook said Gatchell didn’t know who she hit, until the arresting officer told her, as he drove her to the station. "And then she started laughing, she was really giddy," he said.

Reached by phone Saturday morning, Gatchell declined to comment, politely saying "no" to a Boston Herald reporter, whose paper originally reported the crash story.

"It's unfortunate," Cook told the Herald. "But it shows you that no one is immune from drunk drivers, no matter how famous you are."

Sandra Bullock, Husband Hit by Drunk Driver - Jesse James, Sandra Bullock : People.com

Gatchell didn’t know who she hit, until the arresting officer told her, as he drove her to the station. "And then she started laughing ...

Yeah, it's all big joke, eh ... until you kill someone. Stupid drunk.

Hit By Ban Bus!

"And then she started laughing, she was really giddy," he said.
    Stupid drunken asshole, you could've killed somebody.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

At least now this drunk buffoon being publicly humiliated across the internet and celeb shows. Maybe she'll learn her lesson.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

What is it with Jesse James and cars? If it's not drunk drivers, then it's stalkers. Methinks that some sort of pattern is developing here.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^He's an auto-magnet.

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

It is amazing how many people will drink and then drive. Idiots. Keep your drunk ass home.
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?” George Carlin

This story is also in Yahoo news and it said that Sandra was very gracious and concerned about the driver of the car.

I really hope that drunk idiot feels ridiculous and foolish for laughing when she sobers up.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by DoveFeatheredRaven View Post
    It is amazing how many people will drink and then drive. Idiots. Keep your drunk ass home.
    Yep, that's why drunk drivers are so insidious. They don't realize the damage they've done until after it's too late. So many people die needlessly every day due to selfish assholes like this bitch.

I'm glad Sandra and her husband are okay, I've always liked her.
    No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world

Hit By Ban Bus!

Last time I saw Sandra in a interview she said they were trying to have a baby and that was over a year ago.

I'm glad no one was hurt. At 64 you would think she would know better. moron.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Thank god they're alright ... 64 and drunk driving? You'd think by that age you know better.

here's a picture from dlisted:

"This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

^ Well, she looks liek a keeper.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Christ, it's Gloucester, MA, an area crawling with bored, drunk fisherwo/men. And I know I shouldn't laugh but I did when I read that she laughed when hearing who it was. But agree, driving and drinking is stupid. I'm betting she needed cigs.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information