Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tom & Katie Cruise denounce tabloid talk of trouble

Default Tom & Katie Cruise denounce tabloid talk of trouble

MSN Entertainement - April 17, 2008 Been in a grocery store checkout line lately? Then you've probably noticed it's been a relatively slow period, tabloid-wise, with reality TV "stars" and dieting divas populating the glossy covers.
    But this week two outlets try a different tack by offering dueling exclusives on the same story, namely the purported problems plaguing Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes -- problems the couple adamantly denies.
    "It's over!" blasts the front of In Touch. "Katie is fed up with being the perfect wife!"
    According to the mag, the actress "wants her life back," and occasionally "longs for the days when she could go to the supermarket in sweatpants, instead of always dressing up as Mrs. Tom Cruise."
    Then there's Star, which opted for this subtle headline over a photo of Tom and Katie's be-bobbed, button-cute daughter: "Trial Separation -- The Fight for Suri."
    The tab believes Holmes, who has been in talks for a role in the Broadway production of Arthur Miller's "All My Sons," wants to spend time in Manhattan with Suri, much to Cruise's chagrin.
    "There's no way he'll allow it," alleges a source. "He just doesn't want Katie -- or Suri -- out of his sight for long. He told her that if she goes to New York, fine, but he goes with her."
    Star even quotes Suri as saying, "Don't cry, Mommy," which is an impressive display of sympathy for a kid about to celebrate her second birthday.
    When contacted for comment, Cruise's rep scoffed at the tabloids' claims of marital discord.
    "The allegations made by Star Magazine and In Touch are completely untrue," the actor's rep tells MSN Entertainment. "Tom and Katie have a strong and solid marriage. Both are supportive of each other personally and professionally."
    What's more, adds the mouthpiece, "One only need look at the Internet to find numerous photos of them enjoying their time together."
    A quick check shows that on March 29, the couple was snapped smiling as they exited Beverly Hills, Calif., steakhouse Cut. A couple of weeks before that, they were seen leaving the same eatery with Forest Whitaker and his wife, Keisha. And it was Cut again on Feb. 27, when the Cruises dined with pals Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith.

Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise leave Cut Steakhouse in Calif. on Feb. 27
    Meanwhile, the New York Daily News says the "Dianetics"-devoted twosome has recently spent some time apart, but only because work on their massive Los Angeles estate has yet to be completed.
    Insiders tell the paper that the renovations prompted Katie and Suri to wing over to the family's Telluride, Colo., compound while Tom remained in Los Angeles on business, holing up in plush lodgings at the Church of Scientology's Celebrity Centre.
    By the by, even the positive TomKat coverage tends to have an air of dubiousness, as evidenced in this week's OK! magazine, which breaks down what the party for Suri's big 0-2 might entail (she hits the milestone on April 18).
    "Katie is so excited -- she's taking care of every last detail," an insider enthuses to the mag. "You can count on special things like individual place settings and festive bunting. And when Katie plans a party, she plans a party!"
    Granted, getting one's own plate and utensils always makes for a successful soiree, but the "festive bunting" (think rows of little flags) is sure to push things over the top.
    OK! posits that "the invite list for the bash will be strictly A-list" and goes out on a limb to declare that, unlike every other 2-year-old's birthday party, this one "will be full of presents and sweets."
    "Suri is particularly fond of toy animals and ice cream from FAO Schwarz [in New York]," says the magazine, "so it wouldn't be unlike thoughtful Tom to have some flown out by private jet for the affair."
    MSN Entertainment - Hot Gossip

Looks like the spin has begun...they don't look happy to me...

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

What's more, adds the mouthpiece, "One only need look at the Internet to find numerous photos of them enjoying their time together."
    How telling is that statement? Of course the internet is littered with photos of them 'enjoying thier time together'. They were posed from the get go and I'm sure TinyTomThumb has tracers on every single one of them.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Tom & Katie Cruise denounce tabloid talk of trouble

Well, what else are they going to say? That their marriage is a contractual agreement/sham, that Suri really isn't Tom's and that Katie is being re-programmed at the moment? Like, who would believe that??!

And when Katie plans a party, she plans a party!"

As opposed to really NOT planning a party? Ay Dios mio.

festive bunting? Well, move over Rockefeller family.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!

notice Tom is always dragging his women behind him? Nicole was never by his side either, always behind.

It will last under ten years cause Tommy aint' givin' half to nobody!!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Tom and Katie denounce...Tom and Katie deny...Tom and Katie decry...Tom and Katie deluded.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    notice Tom is always dragging his women behind him? Nicole was never by his side either, always behind.

It will last under ten years cause Tommy aint' givin' half to nobody!!

Ah. That's just so he dosn't look like as much of a midget as standing beside her!

Aren't these kind of denials usually followed by what's been denied actually happening? Anybody wanna take any bets on how long on this? Not every tabloid can be this far off the mark.

^^I call November 2008 as seperation month!!!!

What in the hell is 'bunting'?? Does it have anything to do with cake or soccer balls? I don't think I did any 'bunting' as a 2 year old
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

I wish Katie would just blow Tom up, already.

Seriously, I could see her going on some psychotic rage because of him.

Quote Originally Posted by KandyKorn View Post
    What in the hell is 'bunting'?? Does it have anything to do with cake or soccer balls? I don't think I did any 'bunting' as a 2 year old

This is bunting...

Hit By Ban Bus!

I am calling August as divorce month!!!

Hit By Ban Bus!

well it won't be July because his birthday is July 4th -- hum September, I call September.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Late August is when rumors will heat up, September it will get quiet, divorced by October; I'll put five on it.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information