Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kate Middleton needs to get over herself - she hasn't bagged her Prince yet

A*O

Default Kate Middleton needs to get over herself - she hasn't bagged her Prince yet

Kate Middleton's chances of becoming a princess are fading fast, but Chelsy Davy seems to be winning plenty of royal supporters.

Kate, the girl once considered the perfect partner for Prince William, has fallen out of favour, judging by the whisper campaign being waged against her.

Her big mistake, according to senior royal sources, was giving up her job with British fashion chain Jigsaw last year.

They point out that Princess Diana worked up until the day she became engaged to Prince Charles, while Sarah Ferguson, who married Prince Andrew in 1986, and Sophie Rhys-Jones, who married Prince Edward in 1999, both kept their jobs even after their royal weddings.

But Kate, 26, seems to be wasting her art history degree and is just waiting to get an engagement ring on her finger.

Although she was rumoured to be planning a career change - moving to New York to work for fashion photographer Mario Testino - he says bluntly: 'I promise you, she's not.'

Now Kate's become purely a lady of leisure, earning her the cruel nickname 'Waity Katie'.

'She seems to be counting her chickens before they've hatched,' admits Dickie Arbiter, the Queen's former press officer. 'She needs more on her CV than a knowledge of nightclubs.'

Another royal insider adds: 'The knives are out for Kate. Her few years of fame may be coming to an end.'

But while Kate's likeability is heading south, Prince Harry's Zimbabwean-born girlfriend Chelsy, 22, has endeared herself to everyone at court - despite the fact that her fondness for smoking and boozing in clubs has earned her a racy reputation.

Prince Charles is particularly fond of Chelsy, so much so that he's allowed her to stay overnight at his homes in London and Gloucestershire.

Chelsy is in good favour as she worked hard to gain a degree from the University of Cape Town and last year moved to the UK to begin a postgraduate law degree in Leeds.

But their career choices isn't the only thing setting the two potential princesses apart, with courtiers revealing they haven't been impressed by Kate's readiness to pose for photos at high-society events either.

'She always looks like the cat that got the cream,' one says. 'But she shouldn't start lapping it up just yet.'

Conversely, when Chelsy is in public, she scowls, making it clear she doesn't want attention.

Kate's middle-class upbringing has also caused her pain, with some courtiers sneering at her humble origins. Her dad Michael was a pilot and her mum Carole an air hostess. Both now run an online children's party company.

In fact, Carole, 52, was subjected to bitchy comments when she was seen chewing gum at William's passing out parade at Sandhurst in 2006. William was furious and Kate was humiliated by the snobbery.

Meanwhile, Chelsy's father, Charles, who has made millions from his safari company in southern Africa, keeps his family well away from the spotlight - much to the delight of those at Buckingham Palace.

But Kate's biggest downfall is probably her desperate need to become a princess. 'Even if she dived into the sea to save a drowning child, she would be accused of doing it to improve her image,' a London public relations expert says.

Chelsy, on the other hand, doesn't want to rush Prince Harry, 23, down the aisle. She left him for several months last year to travel and again after he went to the rugby instead of her birthday party. When he bombarded her with phone calls and flowers and she learnt he was heading to Afghanistan, she took him back. Then, when he returned, she dashed to his side for a passionate reunion.

And while their romance heats up, Prince William's interest in Kate is waning. They went through a rocky patch last year, with Prince William, 25, calling it quits. Although they made up, they no longer seem to be as besotted with each other.

Prince William is now on a flying course with the RAF and in June will start training with the Royal Navy. Such long stretches away from Kate spells even more disaster for their relationship, which is now mainly conducted on the phone.

And with Prince William saying he won't get married 'until I'm at least 28 or 30', it seems there's a long way to go before Kate fulfils her dream of becoming a princess.
    Yahoo News
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Gold Member

I think he needs to pop the question or break up for good.

She is effectively putting her life on hold which is stupid I agree. But he needs to stop stringing her along.

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

The news media is so fickle.
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Anne2007 View Post
    I think he needs to pop the question or break up for good.

She is effectively putting her life on hold which is stupid I agree. But he needs to stop stringing her along.
    i agree but she's still the bigger moron for giving up her life and independence for a boyfriend. also, i never understood why so many women let themselves be strung around like that, and basically wait, and wait, and wait for the guy to make up his mind and decide if the girl is worthy and propose marriage. you'd think in this day and age it would be more of a mutual decision between partners?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

Oh absolutely! But maybe the not-working-thing has nothing to do with him. ? I would think there would be many things an art history grad could do in England, especially the London area.
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i agree but she's still the bigger moron for giving up her life and independence for a boyfriend. also, i never understood why so many women let themselves be strung around like that, and basically wait, and wait, and wait for the guy to make up his mind and decide if the girl is worthy and propose marriage. you'd think in this day and age it would be more of a mutual decision between partners?

Agree with Sputnik. If she wants to wait, that's her choice but since there are no gaurantees in life she's playing a dangerous game. I do think he'll marry her and then play around on the side.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

A*O

I don't think he will marry her. The royals may have lightened up considerably in recent years after the Diana Fiasco but the heir to the throne is still expected to marry a suitably aristrocratic girl who knows what to expect and what's expected of her as the future queen of England.

I think Kate IS extremely ambitious just like her mother who sent her to the same Uni as Prince William specifically to snag him. She sunk her claws into him almost the moment they met and she hasn't let go since. He may be a 'modern' prince but he'd led an incredibly sheltered and protected life until then so he was in no position to resist. I still think he's quite a 'weak' character who needs a strong woman to make him happy. Just like his father in fact.

I hope they don't marry just because everyone expects them to. Kate was/is his first proper girlfriend and a marriage based on that is usually doomed. He'll end up marrying a nice Duke's daughter or perhaps a minor European royal.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

SVZ

they should just marry horses.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I don't think he will marry her. The royals may have lightened up considerably in recent years after the Diana Fiasco but the heir to the throne is still expected to marry a suitably aristrocratic girl who knows what to expect and what's expected of her as the future queen of England.
    Everything I have read (which is not that much) states that Buckingham Palace has unofficially started the family on a royal track. They have already applied for their titles of aristocracy. There have also been sessions with royal etiquette teachers so Kate and her parents do know what is expected of them. Although now that I think about it, this was all going on last year before their breakup so I don't know how things have changed since then...

William should come here and find a proper Yank bride...just steer clear of Hollyweird unless you want the herpez
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ View Post
    they should just marry horses.
    Many of them would if they could.

Elite Member

Hmm, it will be interesting to see if she lands him or not.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Although A*O makes some good points I still think he'll marry her. She wouldn't be attending weekends with Charles, going to the cousin's wedding and William getting his wings if she wasn't heading in that direction. I think they have an 'understanding' and will get hitched eventually. That is unless, of course, he meets somebody and falls head over heels.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I think Kate IS extremely ambitious just like her mother who sent her to the same Uni as Prince William specifically to snag him. She sunk her claws into him almost the moment they met and she hasn't let go since.

A*O, How do you know this?

^^Agreed. They tend to compliment each other very well.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Couldn't have said it better myself!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information