Thread: Hilary Duff on her peers Lindsay Lohan, Miley Cyrus, and Avril Lavigne

Default Hilary Duff on her peers Lindsay Lohan, Miley Cyrus, and Avril Lavigne

Hilary Duff channeled a bygone era posing in a Bonnie and Clyde inspired shoot for the May issue of Allure. Just like the infamous housewife turned bank robber, Hilary is ready to leave the life she knows behind. She opens up to the magazine about being a regular adult, wanting to ditch her squeaky-clean image, and her peers Lindsay Lohan, Miley Cyrus, and Avril Lavigne. Here's more:

• On Lindsay Lohan: "Supposedly, I stole Lindsay Lohan's boyfriend [Aaron Carter.] We were, like, 13! And I've never stolen anyone's boyfriend! I don't know how you do that! . . . She was talking about it and I wasn't. It made us both look bad and put up a big weirdness. Really she was just a girl my age. We are fine now, by the way."
    • On Miley Cyrus: "We don't have each other's phone numbers. But when she meets me, she's excited. It's cute – I see a lot of myself in her."
    • On being with 24-year-old Joel Madden when she was 15: “He was never nervous, like, ‘I could get arrested,’” she says. But does admit, “It looked bad.”
    To see what else Hilary has to say about her fans, Avril and more just read more
    • On Avril Lavigne: "I said something about how she didn't like her fans dressing like her, and how she should appreciate that because it's a compliment. She called me a goody-goody [Lavigne called Duff a 'mommy's girl' in Newsweek] Everyone is trying to prove who they are, and their position. So, I'm 'the good girl.' She's 'the bad girl' or 'the party girl.' Sarah Jessica Parker doesn't take her clothes off, but she's not a 'good girl.' [Adult actors] don't get tagged like we do."
    • On being normal: "I’m not a perfect, prude girl. I like to do normal things that 20 year-olds do."
    • On pleasing her younger fans: "I don’t want to restrict myself from doing things that stimulate me just to make them happy . . . if they continue liking me, that’s cool, but I don’t want to cater to them. I’m not 13, 14, or 15 anymore.”
    Hilary's upcoming role as a sexy Eastern European pop star in War, Inc. will probably change some people's impressions of her. We're all for growing up but we hope she doesn't try too hard to prove she's not a good girl anymore since we think it's part of her appeal unlike many of her peers.

Hilary Duff in May's Allure | Allure, Hilary Duff | POPSUGAR - Celebrity Gossip & News.

I can't help it, I like the Duffster.
    "Shit, I think I just confused myself. QUICK! Somebody hand me chalk, a chalkboard and Will Hunting's brain!" michael k -dlisted

Gold Member

I usually think her face is horsey looking, but she looks good in these photos.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Funny, she's funny... and seems a bit honest... how shocking is that?
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Wait, she was 15 and he was 24? Gross! And all she has to say about it was that "it looked bad???"

Wtf was her mother thinking? Just because your 15 y.o. daughter is a cash cow doesn't mean she can do whatever she wants, she still needs a mother to tell her NO!

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

You know, I just realized I have no idea what this girl does for a living. Is she an actress? A singer? Help me here, people. All I know is that I feel like feeding her sugar cubes.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

She was Disney's teen princess several years ago, star of the "Lizzie McGuire" series and Disney set her up as a singer just like Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana is now. Plus she did a couple of teen feel-good movies, nothing you would have heard of (Cheaper by the Dozen, Raise Your Voice, A Cinderella Story). Not the most illustrious career but apparently she did pretty well as a Disney princess.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

It figures. I hate all that Disney puts out and stands for. I predict marriage to a series of rich men.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I love her too.......But she has changed her appearance so much it kindof cheapens her, like she aint that down to earth!

Oh yeah, she did put out her own manufactured rock albums, and became a pop star in her own right, she still tours too

Elite Member

I used to find her so annoying in the Lizzie McGuire years. I thought she was a goody-two-shoes and I was in love with Lindsay Lohan instead. Now that we are both more mature, I think Hilary is an alright chick and I appreciate how she hasn't become a mess like Linds.

Bronze Member

She seems pretty cool and sensible.

Thread Information