Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'I may never have kids,' says Kylie Minogue as she approaches her 40th birthday

Silver Member

Default 'I may never have kids,' says Kylie Minogue as she approaches her 40th birthday

Pop star Kylie Minogue said she may never get married and doubts that she will ever have a conventional family life.

The singer, who turns 40 next month, said: "I think that perhaps this is not the right path for me. I never had the feeling of a conventional marriage with a terraced house in the suburbs."

Miss Minogue also expressed concern in an interview with German Vogue that certain celebrity mothers might damage their children by trying to carry on with their careers.

She said: "Media interest in Supermothers, those who are simultaneously on the stage and bringing up children, is understandable. But for many that is too much of a good thing."

Her comments could be seen as directed towards celebrity mother-of-three Madonna, 49, who continues to tour and perform despite having young children, Lourdes, 11, Rocco, seven, and adopted toddler David Banda, two.

Madonna is renowned for her strenuous fitness regime designed to beat back the signs of ageing.

The performer regularly exercises for three hours a day in order to perform on stage and maintain a youthful image.

This summer she will begin her seventh world tour.

Meanwhile Australian Miss Minogue discussed the ageing process and declared that she would be growing old gracefully which would be reflected by her career.

She said: "A short while ago...I sang a romantic song accompanied by Jools Holland on piano. That suited me, it felt easier than a pop performance. At this moment it is not up for debate, but at some point I might go into this style.

"It is hard becoming old in this business."

She continued: "I would like to believe that I have succeeded so far. But in thinking about aging with dignity I think about people like Audrey Hepburn. She was dignity personified. In pop you need above everything temperament, courage and determination, especially to stay on the stage as your age increases."

Miss Minogue said she hoped to continue her career into her 50s and 60s but said: "I won't be wearing hotpants then."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1773

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

She shouldn't be wearing them now.

Boohooo?
    ssabmud

Why even address having kids and getting older?
    1. Who cares if you don't have kids? Nobody really cares.
    2. Everyone gets older.
    You're no exception.

A*O

She's way too self-absorbed to be a good mother anyway. She's going to find getting older very, very difficult to deal with. Oh well.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

She'd forget the child exsisted in ten minutes, if she had one. She's better off without one.

Did she have chemo?

I may be wrong but I thought that made you infertile.

^ Rumor had it that she had her eggs frozen

Elite Member

Childless women like Kylie annoy me. Women who have children aren't needy, just like women who desire good careers aren't needy either. Her 'Supermothers' comment reeks of sarcasm to me. She flat-out sounds bitter.

I'm 38 yrs old and have a fulfilling life. I'm unmarried with no husband but have had plenty of lovers. I also have no children, but know I still have the option to do so (if I so wish). All of this was by choice. I'm sick and tired of people who don't want children degrading people who do. I'm an unmarried woman with no kids and yet I tip my hat off to mothers and fathers who juggle so much: careers, home, relationships and parenthood.

I had good parents and would never minimize the role of a mother or a father. Raising a child is an awesome responsibility. For those who want children, my best to them. For those who have them already, bless your hearts because it must be rewarding but also very TOUGH! For those who don't ever want them, be happy with your decision but remember that a lot of people didn't have kids to 'fulfill' their lives or feel important. In fact, for many people, children only made their good lives even better.
    Last edited by PrettyGirl; April 17th, 2008 at 06:17 PM.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Bijoux View Post
    ^ Rumor had it that she had her eggs frozen
    why go through all that if you don't want kids?

This is yet another woman trying to deflect attention from the fact that she does not have the stable relationship she craves.

A*O

^^^ I think you hit the nail on the head there RIS. Kylie has some major issues for sure and being childless (or 'barren' LOL) is the least of them. She is not going to grow old gracefully.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

So was this all one big snipe at Madge?

Silver Member

Please this woman lies so much one minute she say she wants kids next she says that she does not want them. She is fake as they come.
    Last edited by Life; April 17th, 2008 at 09:10 PM.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyGirl View Post
    Childless women like Kylie annoy me. Women who have children aren't needy, just like women who desire good careers aren't needy either. Her 'Supermothers' comment reeks of sarcasm to me. She flat-out sounds bitter.

I'm 38 yrs old and have a fulfilling life. I'm unmarried with no husband but have had plenty of lovers. I also have no children, but know I still have the option to do so (if I so wish). All of this was by choice. I'm sick and tired of people who don't want children degrading people who do. I'm an unmarried woman with no kids and yet I tip my hat off to mothers and fathers who juggle so much: careers, home, relationships and parenthood.

I had good parents and would never minimize the role of a mother or a father. Raising a child is an awesome responsibility. For those who want children, my best to them. For those who have them already, bless your hearts because it must be rewarding but also very TOUGH! For those who don't ever want them, be happy with your decision but remember that a lot of people didn't have kids to 'fulfill' their lives or feel important. In fact, for many people, children only made their good lives even better.
    I couldn't have said it better myself.

*And I could've sworn that she turned 42 about 3 years ago.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information