Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes headed for a divorce?

Elite Member

Default Are Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes headed for a divorce?

Are Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes headed for a Divorce?

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes made international headlines last year when the most talked about Hollywood couple tied the knot in front of friends and family. The initial publicity of the relationship between Cruise and Holmes (also known as TomKat)sent shockwaves through the entertainment industry and the touchy-feely couple became the topic of everyone's conversations. Whether they were on the back of Tom's motorcycle or shopping in LA, the couple was in the public eye and everyone wanted to know what was going on.
    One of the most talked about publicity stunts in the history of Hollywood occurred on the stage of Oprah Winfrey's talk show. Tom was talking about his love for Katie when began jumping erratically on the couch on the stage. If they weren't in the headlines enough before that, they definitely were afterwards. Once the couple tied the knot and had their incredible sweet daughter, Suri Cruise, the public lost interest in the couple. Not only did they become increasingly annoying but the PDA was simply uncalled for. They became one of the most 'fake happy' couples in Hollywood and the public lost interest.
    So now that we're not as interested in the relationship between the "Mission Impossible" star and the lovable girl from "Dawson's Creek" has the fire started to burn out in their relationship? According to Star Magazine, Katie has plans to leave Tom and may have a crush on her co-star Adam Rothenberg. A source told Star magazine "Katie will resent Tom if he doesn't let her cultivate her own life and career". Seems like trouble in paradise. Is it possible that Tom and Katie will be joining the thousands of other Hollywood couples who ended up in Splitsville? Only time will tell.

Hollywood Hookup : Are Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes headed for a Divorce?
    Last edited by marie; April 16th, 2008 at 07:41 AM.

"has the fire started to burn out in their relationship?"

Fire? AHAHAHAHAHA! Good one!

And I'm sure it's stipulated somewhere in her contract that she is not allowed to feel resentment when Tom "doesn't let her cultivate her own life and career." You signed over your life and free will to Co$, bitch! You can't complain now!

Doesn't Katie have like eight years left on that contract?

They're letting her out of her cage so soon?
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

If they realy do get divorced, who gets the kid?

^Xenu.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Bronze Member

Life as a beard can be very tough.... :-)
    Staralicious

Elite Member

I'm curious about something...everyone thinks there's no way Tom will let Katie have Suri if she leaves him. Well, what if, as we suspect, the baby is not Tom's? What if the scenario that Katie was pregnant when she met Tom is true? Then she has leverage. A paternity test that will show to the world that Tom lied. I think he'd much rather give up Suri than have his lies exposed.

Katie, go for it! Run, Katie, run!

I think the CO$ would have her meet with an "accident" before either of those (her leaving alone or with Suri) would happen.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    I'm curious about something...everyone thinks there's no way Tom will let Katie have Suri if she leaves him. Well, what if, as we suspect, the baby is not Tom's? What if the scenario that Katie was pregnant when she met Tom is true? Then she has leverage. A paternity test that will show to the world that Tom lied. I think he'd much rather give up Suri than have his lies exposed.
    Tom has either legally adopted the kid, or Kate has signed away her parental rights, or both. TinyTom may be a crazy loon, but he's not stupid. He went to a lot of trouble to make it look like he's the father. You can be darn sure he has all the bases covered where Suri is concerned.

It looks like that article is from April 2007...

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    Tom has either legally adopted the kid, or Kate has signed away her parental rights, or both. TinyTom may be a crazy loon, but he's not stupid. He went to a lot of trouble to make it look like he's the father. You can be darn sure he has all the bases covered where Suri is concerned.
    Katie can still claim that she was under duress or diminished mental capacity or something if she signed away her rights. Her dad's an attorney, isn't he? If Katie wants to leave Tom and keep Suri (particularly if Tom isn't the bio father), you can bet your ass Katie's dad will help her fight with all the connections he has.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    If they realy do get divorced, who gets the kid?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aella View Post
    ^Xenu.
    Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    TinyTom may be a crazy loon, but he's not stupid. He went to a lot of trouble to make it look like he's the father.
    You guys are KILLING me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elite Member

STAR FEATURES TOM & KATIE’S TRIAL SEPARATION: THE FIGHT FOR SURI!

In Touch’s “IT’S OVER” cover is a hard act to follow.
    And Candace Trunzo’s Star will be DESTROYED on the newsstand because In Touch’s cover line is so much stronger.
    (Is any of this true? That’s not the issue right now!)
    Star is claiming that Tom & Katie are having a “Trial Separation” and there is some sort of “Fight for Suri.”
    With Star reporting marital troubles as well as In Touch, I thought there must be something to this story.
    So like I did with In Touch, I turned the pages as quickly as possible to get to the bottom of this and here’s what I found out!
    According to Star, “Katie’s been offered a role on Broadway and was planning on taking an extended break from her hectic and controlled life with Tom and move to NYC with Suri, but Tom is doing everything he can to stop her. (HE’S HER HUSBAND SO HE PROBABLY WANTS TO BE WITH HER AND HIS KID.)
    “Katie wants a SORT OF (Yes they used the words SORT OF - can you believe that BULLSHIT! SORT OF is CYA) trial separation…she desperately needs to be on her own for a while, but there’s no way Tom is going to let her take Suri away,” an insider confides. If they “go to New York fine, but he (Tom) goes with” them.
    So long short - Tom would miss Katie and Suri so much that he would go to New York with them.
    In other news, it LOOKS like Brit and Kevin shared a romantic kiss on the beach.
    Oh - don’t be fooled! (OK, I admit I was. I thought this was a new picture on the cover of Star.)
    But inside the mag you learn that this apparent kiss happened when Britney stopped by Kevin’s house to see the boys.
    On a somewhat related note, I’m hoping that Britney gets back together with Kevin. For some reason, the world would feel right again.
    And Angie tells Star exclusively “Our kids think we’re dorks.” What a great, fun line!
    Bottom Line: While the photo of Suri is cute, the cover line “The Fight for Suri” is not nearly as strong as In Touch’s line ”IT’S OVER.” Look for Star to decline on the newsstand this week.

She could try a trial separation for 8 years until the contract is up...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information