Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joan Collins says that the tabloids are dumbing down America

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Joan Collins says that the tabloids are dumbing down America

Tuesday, April 15th 2008
    Joan Collins Bitches About The Tabloids

Joan Collins confuses me. I picture her sitting on a sold gold toilet, shitting out rhinestones while reading the latest National Enquirer. But Joan recently told BlackBook Magazine that she hates tabloids and thinks they are for dumb people!
    Joan said, "Our civilization has become extremely dumbed down, with shorter attention spans. All they want are sound bites. The tabloid magazines are the same every week. People has the same cover as InTouch as OK! as Us Weekly as Star magazine. They're exactly the same! It must be 100 to 120 people you read about all the time. They are appealing to a young audience, or a rather dumb audience."
    Um...what is she saying? I'm still trying to take in all her glamour from the picture above. Whatever you say Joan! Just slap me and call me a bitch.
    Joan went on to say that tabloids "go after those girls who exhibit more outrageous behavior. And, believe me, those girls love it. They call in items themselves - that they were at Nobu, some nightclub in SoHo. I can't think of anything more horrible than that. Publicity can be a drug." Joan Collins Bitches About The Tabloids | Dlisted

I think she's 110% right.

D'uh, what does she mean by that? I don't get it.

The Hour's Blog: Idiots versus Morons

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry gashes View Post
    I think she's 110% right.
    Ditto.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Cool

Well, I blame America being "dummed down" by the masses of stupid people breeding. Note: Idiocracy.

The tabloids and media just know how to cater to "less intelligent" people - it doesn't mean they made them or they are completely to blame. It's like blaming the swarming paps for Twitney's erratic behavior, but... they are both really feeding off of each other. Just like JOAN is using the media to air her message about how stupid the tabloids are.

People who are intelligent - like most on this forum - read tabloids and can make rational judgments on things. Sure, we laugh, joke, mock sometimes, but are we actually losing brain cells?
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

Quote Originally Posted by Seapharris7 View Post
    Well, I blame America being "dummed down" by the masses of stupid people breeding. Note: Idiocracy.

Ya mean like the Spears clan???

Wink

^ Exactly. Because Lord knows it isnt the "smart" people getting knocked up.

Hell, think what might result if say - Bill Gates (notably one of the smartest people in the world, who doesn't have ANY biological children) - had 5 kids... that MIGHT even out the "dumbness" that Twitney, Jaime, and their spawn is about to unleash on the world.

But sadly, the "smart" people usually do more in their lives and for their environment/community then just fuck and reproduce.

Quote Originally Posted by Seapharris7 View Post
    ^ Exactly. Because Lord knows it isnt the "smart" people getting knocked up.

Hell, think what might result if say - Bill Gates (notably one of the smartest people in the world, who doesn't have ANY biological children) - had 5 kids... that MIGHT even out the "dumbness" that Twitney, Jaime, and their spawn is about to unleash on the world.

But sadly, the "smart" people usually do more in their lives and for their environment/community then just fuck and reproduce.

So, the 3 kids he has with wife Melinda are adopted? If so, I didn't know that...

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    So, the 3 kids he has with wife Melinda are adopted? If so, I didn't know that...

Ha ha - that's awesome... I just got owned.

No, as far as I can tell they weren't adopted - but I didn't even know he had kids (I've NEVER seen them - but then again Bill doesn't seem like he likes to whore out his family) until you mentioned it. But it was a refreshing fact - I like it when nerds get laid, it makes the world seem right again.

But, still, his 3 kids can NEVER undo the amount of damage that Spears, Lohans, Hiltons, and even the Simpsons, have done.

I love Joan. A smart bitch indeed.
    Who ordered a naked Swede?? MEEEEE!!

laurenshelton2 thinks I'm worse than Claymates.

you remember the movie "Witches" with Angelica Housten - everytime i see Joan i think of the scene where the grand high witch is removing her wig and mask - i bet Joan does this every night before bed she probably hates the smell of children as well.

Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Yeah I agree, but so do shows like "Dynasty" and all the other crap she has been in.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

Stupid is as stupid does...
    vaya con dios

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

A lady should never wear a white bra with a see through black shirt.

And the irony is hilarious. Here she is talking about tabloids in a negative way, when she's used it for decades as a means to be the center of attention. We're not that stupid, we know that celebs are just as addicted to being talked about and being stalked by the paps as people are reading about them in magazines. So bugger off, Joan.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Cool

^ My thoughts exactly, sparkly!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information