Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Natalie Portman bests Keira Knightley & Lindsay Lohan for Wuthering Heights role

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Natalie Portman bests Keira Knightley & Lindsay Lohan for Wuthering Heights role

Tittle-Tattle™
    you do it, we tell, too bad
    Published: Apr 11, 2008
    Share It | Most Popular | Send A Tip
    Natalie Portman Set For 'Wuthering Heights' Remake
    by Staff

Natalie Portman is set to star in a new big-screen version of 'Wuthering Heights'.
    The 'Star Wars' beauty will play Catherine Earnshaw in the movie adaptation of Emily Bronte's 1847 novel after convincing director John Maybury she was perfect for the role.
    Maybury had initially wanted a British actress to play Cathy - whose ill-fated relationship with Heathcliff is the basis for the story set on the Yorkshire moors - but decided Portman could carry off the part.
    The film's producer Robert Bernstein said: "Natalie is an extraordinary actress and is right for the role."
    It was recently revealed Lindsay Lohan and Keira Knightley were also in the running for the part.
    Maybury said at the time: "I certainly wouldn't count Keira out but it's whether or not she wants to get back into period costume, because she's been in a few period dramas.
    "I don't count Lindsay Lohan out either. I really believe in the girl and she's coming out from the other side of her well-documented problems - she just needs to be treated seriously."
    Colin Farrell is one of the favourites to take on the role of Heathcliff. Natalie Portman Set For 'Wuthering Heights' Remake - Tittle-Tattle™: The Post Chronicle

oh good, another 2 hours of Portman horrible english 'accent' where she sounds like she's talking with a mouth full of marbles.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I completely agree Grimmlok. I almost spit out my lungs when she destroyed almost every line in V for Vendetta.
    "I'm gonna go build my own theme park! With blackjack and hookers! In fact, forget the park!"

Geez... Keira and Natalie are practically twins anyway. Why not go for the real English accent?

that was at least an improvement over that Star Wars movie... omfg.. and didn't she just do 'That Other Boleyn Girl' with the same effect?

Get the bitch some voice lesssons
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Another needless remake.......

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Hit By Ban Bus!

Natalie Portman's British accent is the pits! Why in the name of God do they keep casting her in roles that require one? I don't like Keira for Cathy either, and Lilo is not even worth discussing. I don't know who would work in this role, frankly.

Colin would be good for Heathcliff, but Heath Ledger would have been better.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

My friend and I walked out of V Vendetta.

Aww.. I Loved The Movie.. Just Didn't Care For Her.. Though She Did An Alright Job, Minus The Accent.

There must be other (English) actresses who could have been considered? Why is it always Natalie or Kiera or Lindsay or Sienna or Scarlett that get mentioned or get the part???
    Who ordered a naked Swede?? MEEEEE!!

laurenshelton2 thinks I'm worse than Claymates.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    There must be other (English) actresses who could have been considered? Why is it always Natalie or Kiera or Lindsay or Sienna or Scarlett that get mentioned or get the part???
    Exactly! And think of the publicity if they put on a Scarlett O'Hara style search for the perfect actress to play Cathy. I'm sick of the same old pretty faces in serious roles they have no talent for. Natalie started out well, but has steadily tanked. Scarlett is only good in certain things. Sienna is good but her modern look limits her roles, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    Exactly! And think of the publicity if they put on a Scarlett O'Hara style search for the perfect actress to play Cathy. I'm sick of the same old pretty faces in serious roles they have no talent for. Natalie started out well, but has steadily tanked. Scarlett is only good in certain things. Sienna is good but her modern look limits her roles, imo.
    I think they're all so over-used that I've had enough of them. I honestly don't think any of the really big names are supertalented - often I'm just left disapointed. The more famous they get, the more talent they seem to loose IMO.
    Who ordered a naked Swede?? MEEEEE!!

laurenshelton2 thinks I'm worse than Claymates.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Aww.. I Loved The Movie.. Just Didn't Care For Her.. Though She Did An Alright Job, Minus The Accent.
    She sucked ass!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    oh good, another 2 hours of Portman horrible english 'accent' where she sounds like she's talking with a mouth full of marbles.
    As opposed to Knightley, who just looks like she's talking with a mouthfull of marbles.

My god! Why why why? Why remake Wuthering Heights? Why with Natalie Portman? She sucks ass. She is terrible. I can not believe that they were seriously considering Lindsay Lohan. Oh my gawd what have movies come to? Crap.

I love the version with Merle Oberon and Laurence Olivier. Classic. They shouldn't touch it again.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information