Thread: Artie Lange walks off the Howard Stern show!

Default Artie Lange walks off the Howard Stern show!

I FREAKING MISSED IT!!! Did anyone hear it live?

Here's what they are saying:

Howard Stern Show fixture Artie Lange walked out of the studio after an argument and subsequent outburst at his personal assistant on the air.

Lange, who became a part of the show's daily routine in October of 2001, was spotted disputing with his assistant in the hallways off the air. When it was brought up to Stern, he asked the assistant Teddy to come into the studio and discuss the situation on the air.

Lange began to express his disdain for his assistant of nearly two years because of recent money issues. Teddy retorted by implying there's more to the job than meets the eye.
    Howard Stern
    The two are slated to travel to Amsterdam this evening and the squabble began over setting up Lange's travel accommodations. However, the in-studio dispute quickly escalated into a discussion about how much Lange finances Teddy, who is affectionately called "Teddy Microphone" around the studio.

As the argument continued, Lange became enraged and physically lashed out at Teddy, but the physical confrontation was apparently defused by other members in the studio.

When Lange returned, he said Teddy would be "dead" had he reached him and he would be in jail.

Stern then expressed his feelings on the situation, saying he cannot condone Lange's actions. The comedian, who has had a similar outburst on the air in the past, said he cannot guarantee he can refrain from acting out in the future. Upon hearing that, Stern said he cannot have Lange around with the potential of such actions looming.

Artie then offered his resignation; Stern accepted, but told Lange to leave and cool off. Just before Lange left he told Stern: "I'm not a good person ... I gotta leave ... I love you"

Teddy returned to the studio several minutes later and said there was overreacting from everyone, but did not downplay the seriousness of the situation.

Show producer Gary Dell'Abate came in to analyze the situation, but he and Stern admitted they "did not know what to make of it all."

Stern does not host a live show on Fridays and the crew is on vacation next week.</div></div></div>

OH NO THEY DIDN'T! the celebrities are disposable. the content is priceless

I LOVE ARTIE!!! Nooooooo!!

Default Pretty Wild

Artie has seemed like a bomb about to go off lately. I also wonder if he was looking for an excuse to walk off the show -- he calls in sick all the time, falls asleep on air, and can barely tolerate the comments about his mounting weight.

By the looks of it, he sounds like he could benefit from some kind of anger management.

Rumor has it he is checking into rehab.....not sure if it's true though. he's had some drug issues in the past.

I just love him though. I saw his stand up in January was mortified at how OBESE he is. But he's still hilarious.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I was so mad I missed it this morning. I caught the end of it when they were talking to Teddy. Looks like they're not replaying it either!

Personally, I don't care for Artie. I think he's an ingrate and obviously has severe addiction issues. He doesn't deserve the job, IMO, and isn't even very funny. All he does is eat and sleep, and make a few racial and/or gay jokes. He's lame. I hope he's gone for good.

^^Were you a Jackie fan tictac??? I liked Jackie too and was so sad to see him leave, but once they got Artie in, I didn't miss him at all.

I literally JUST missed this today---caught the interview w/Jason Reitman which apparently happened right before.

Sounds like Arties got some issues to work out. Hope he's ok.

I LOVE Artie!
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

i havent listened to Howard since he went to Sirius. sure miss him.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by msdebagain View Post
    i havent listened to Howard since he went to Sirius. sure miss him.
    I'm in the same boat....That was always the best part of my morning at work.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

If XM & Sirius merge like they keep threatening--definitely look into getting it. You'll be glad you did!

Unhappy

I'm so depressed over this!!!!

I love Artie and the show. I listen everyday.

I live in LA so I have listen to the replay at 9am. On my way in to work today I caught the last of Robins news and I imediatly noticed Artie wasn't there and there was a sad tone to the show. When I heard the Wrap Up Show - I heard what happened. And then they didn't replay the show and I heard on Bubba that they won't ever replay the show and they don't know whats going to happen. And whats worse is the show is on vacation next week. I have this horrible feeling in my stomach!! I hope Artie doesn't hurt himself over this!!

PS: That link doesn't work anymore. Does anyone know somewhere else I can listen to it?
    You've condemned me to Hell.

Thread Information