Thread: Gwen Stefani & Gavin Rossdale keeping baby's gender a surprise

Default Gwen Stefani & Gavin Rossdale keeping baby's gender a surprise

Don't expect Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale to be stocking up on baby items in pink or blue just yet. The couple, who are expecting their second child, will find out if they're getting a boy or a girl on delivery day, Rossdale said Wednesday.

"We don't know [the baby's gender]. It was a surprise last time so we're kind of working on that this time," he told Ryan Seacrest on his KIIS-FM radio show. "There are some [names] floating around the house, bouncing around the walls."

But will the new baby's name measure up to his brother's? "Not too crazy," said Rossdale, 42, who added that compared to a name like Kingston, "there's so much pressure on the poor guy or poor girl. Kingston set a pretty intense standard!"

The big brother-to-be, who turns 2 next month, has also been entertaining his parents with his growing vocabulary. "He speaks now," said Rossdale. "It's pretty cute. He's got a funny way of saying things and a funny voice. He's pretty vocal."

Stefani, 38, has described her son as a "chilled-out little guy ... he's super-cute and super-entertaining."

Gwen & Gavin Keeping Baby's Gender a Surprise - Babies, Gavin Rossdale, Gwen Stefani : People.com

I think that, someday, when I'll be expeting, I will want to keep the gender of my baby as a surprise too. 'Cause I think it's the only real thing you can't choose in life. So let's make it a surprise !
    Live - Laugh - Love

how awesome! i get so excited when people don't want to find out.

i totally agree with you, kiwii. my hubby & i agree that we'd both want it to be a surprise.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

I totally want a surprise... but I know the suspense will kill me!
    vaya con dios

when i was pregnant with my daughter, i was 38. i had an amnio to make sure she was healthy. hub and i both decided that we wanted to be surprised (even though we secretly wanted a girl). the doc's office called with the amnio results and of course i was home alone. Everything was ok, then they said do you want to know the sex? without even thinking i said 'of course i do'. i ran around the house screaming and yelling, acting like a spaz. dork.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

they are such a cute couple! i love this family

I think I would want to know!!!

Red face

When I found out I was pregnant - that was ENOUGH of a surprise for me.

But since everyone had it in their heads that I was having a girl, I never even thought about keeping it a secret. So when the tech asked if I wanted to know the sex of the baby, I'm like "Sure..." And when I heard it was a boy, I was so elated and excited, I completely forgot to tell my husband...

But then it kind of turned into this really evil idea (which I will TOTALLY do if this happens again) to keep it a secret and have everyone else wait (while thinking it's a girl). But then I realized I was about to get stuck with a bunch of yellow and green crap - so eventually I told. But man, that secret was my little gem for a good week.
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

Thread Information