Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tom Cruise's "Valkyrie" movie delayed again, to 2009

Unhappy Tom Cruise's "Valkyrie" movie delayed again, to 2009

Yahoo! Movies: Movie News -

(sniff...)

Tom Cruise's World War II thriller "Valkyrie" has pushed back its release date to 2009, the second postponement for a production that has endured its share of headaches.

The MGM release has been moved from October 3 to February 13, coinciding with the U.S. Presidents Day holiday weekend. Last December, it was pulled from its original July 4 holiday weekend berth where it would have competed with the Angelina Jolie thriller "Wanted."

"When an opening became available for President's Day Weekend, we seized the opportunity," said MGM distribution president Clark Woods, referring to Universal's recent decision to pull "The Wolf Man" out of that slot and into April 3.

"Valkyrie" is the true story of a German officer, played by Cruise, who tried to assassinate Hitler. The German government initially banned the production from shooting on location at the Berlin site where the plot was hatched and the conspirators executed. It later changed its mind after months of national debate that focused in part on Cruise's Scientology beliefs.

Some of the footage shot at the site was later damaged during processing, requiring re-shoots. Last August, 10 extras were injured when they fell off the back of a truck during shooting in Berlin.
    The movie is being produced by MGM's United Artists banner, which Cruise runs with business partner Paula Wagner. UA's debut release under the new regime, the Cruise vehicle "Lions for Lambs," bombed at the box office last November.

awww whatever will we do without TommyGirl to entertain us?

Hit By Ban Bus!

Aw, MAN. Now what WILL I go see?

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

My my, how the mighty have fallen. There was once a day when Tommy Boy could've opened a movie whenever he wanted, and stars like Angelina would shake in fear of being overshadowed by him, not the other way around.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

The studio KNOWS this is going to detonate at the box office! This has massive ticking time bomb written all over it.

Public image of Tom is at an all-time low... 'Nazi film' doesn't scream big box-office... I think delaying this is just prolonging the inevitable!
    vaya con dios

Boo fucking hoo

Hit By Ban Bus!

Valkyrie" is the true story of a German officer, played by Cruise, who tried to assassinate Hitler.

Um no. Cruise plays Col. Claus von Stauffenberg even Claus' son said "it will be crap" because of Cruise.

It goes like this.. follow me. Scientology is not allowed in Germany, neither is Tom or his movies. So Tom said "oh wise and wonderful ones we want to make a movie of your most beloved war hero, can we shoot in Germany?" And they did a jaw drop, and what else could they say? So now there is a new Scientology building in Germany to which Tom and Katie visited quite often. Last I heard the movie had a budget of 69 million, not bad really - they could get that back in time.

Who did they think would go see a movie about a murdering servant of Adolph Hitler? Yes he plotted to kill Hitler, um way way late, at the end of the war when Hitler was losing. He served in Rommels panzer division. He wasn't a hero, he wasn't a Col by playing nice. Slice it and dice it any way you want but this flick was only made to get Cruise into Germany, well done David.

It will probably never be shown anywhere but Germany.. or maybe wait a few years when people might forget all the particulars..

For the love of Xenu and turkey basters. Why do bad things always seem happen to crazy people like Tom? It's just not right. Dammit.

However will I cope?

Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Just how WILL I continue on with my life?!

Hit By Ban Bus!

I can't think of a movie I want to see less. I would watch Zoolander before watching this mess, and I hate Zoolander.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixiebelle View Post
    Boo fucking hoo

and I agree. Let's see what drama they will come up to get the movie into the spotlight then, will Katie get a new pillow to carry around?

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    I can't think of a movie I want to see less. I would watch Zoolander before watching this mess, and I hate Zoolander.

what you don't want to see Hollywood glorify a Nazi (though they claim he was never a Nazi he did serve as a Col under Hitler)

this movie is so bogus.. best part... even the Germans haven't liked it

Ha ha ha. Still laughing at the GMD laying another turd into his illustrious career archive. Wherever that $69M number came from sounds really low since they shot a bunch in Europe on location and then had to RESHOOT parts again. They are just doing damage control for this straight to DVD stinker. Maybe Tiny should try the Revolta route and go female - at least it will be more believable, although Tommygirl as a staunch Nazi isn't much of a stretch.
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

Hit By Ban Bus!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information