Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spike Lee supports Barack Obama

Default Spike Lee supports Barack Obama

Spike Lee Supports Barack Obama

Movie director Spike Lee is switching his allegiance from Hillary Clinton to her Democrat Presidential rival Barack Obama, after discovering the Illinois Senator is a fan of his films.
    Lee backed Bill Clinton in two elections and intended to support his wife in her battle for the White House. However, the Malcolm X filmmaker was put off by Clinton's recent false claim that she came under sniper fire in Bosnia.
    He tells New York magazine, "The Clintons man, they would lie on a stack of Bibles. Snipers? That's not misspeaking; that's pure bulls**t. I voted for Clinton twice, but that's over with." And Lee admits he has been won over by Obama: "Barack told me the first date he took Michelle (his wife) to was Do The Right Thing."

Spike Lee Supports Barack Obama - Starpulse Entertainment News Blog
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Isn't that a crock of cute bs.

Sidenote...Do The Right Thing was a good movie Spike!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

Whadda ya wanna bet that when BO is elected the media will hound him and hound him until they catch him in a lie. It's their business- politicians lie and the media hounds. Tis' gonna happen.
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by DoveFeatheredRaven View Post
    Whadda ya wanna bet that when BO is elected the media will hound him and hound him until they catch him in a lie. It's their business- politicians lie and the media hounds. Tis' gonna happen.
    However, that doesn't dismiss her lies about Bosnia that she kept telling over and over again, even when Sinbad said it wasn't true..she called him a liar. Now, it's the story about the woman in Ohio..she lied about that!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

I agree- HRC is fully capable of lying. I don't even bother keeping up anymore. lol
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin

I admire Spike as a director, but that's a stupid reason to support somebody because they like your films.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I admire Spike as a director, but that's a stupid reason to support somebody because they like your films.
    There's more of the article at Huffpo...he says more..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    There's more of the article at Huffpo...he says more..
    Yeah, but he still goes back to Obama taking Michelle to see Do The Right Thing. He's still making it about him and his movies.

But at least he admitted that he was backing Hillary because of Bill, which is why a lot of people are.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Yeah, but he still goes back to Obama taking Michelle to see Do The Right Thing. He's still making it about him and his movies.

But at least he admitted that he was backing Hillary because of Bill, which is why a lot of people are.
    You know Spike had to make it all about him. I remember him and Wesley Snipes being at the debate in California... I guess they were both backing her back then. I think a lot of people feel they owe Bill something so they are backing her.. However, he did what he did for them way back then, and they shouldn't be intimidated into backing her because of the 'perks' he afforded them.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    You know Spike had to make it all about him. I remember him and Wesley Snipes being at the debate in California... I guess they were both backing her back then. I think a lot of people feel they owe Bill something so they are backing her.. However, he did what he did for them way back then, and they shouldn't be intimidated into backing her because of the 'perks' he afforded them.
    Hey, anybody that feels like they 'owe' Hillary a vote because of some favors they got from Bill shouldn't be voting to begin with.

Barack told me the first date he took Michelle (his wife) to was Do The Right Thing

LOL. That's funny

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    Barack told me the first date he took Michelle (his wife) to was Do The Right Thing

LOL. That's funny
    You know I need my black card taken away from me, I was thinking of school daze when I read this thread! School Daze was a pretty good movie.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

^^ LOL SS

I love "Do the Right Thing." Forget that 'McDonald's' movie version of race relations in America, 'Crash.' To me DTRT is still the most accurate and painfully true portrait of race relations in America (hard to believe it's almost 20 years old).

Oh, got carried away there for a minute. What I find interesting is that prominent and not so prominent Black Americans feel a need to 'justify' their choice of supporting Obama. For example a Black associate of mine's is supporting Obama, and her reasoning is that Hillary has so much dirt on her that is going to be exposed that Barrack is a better choice. Huh, I was like, WTF? And here we have Spike using the 'sniper' story so now Obama is better. Like Obama has never engaged in a bit of embellishment about his past himself, right?

Anyhoo, in my opinion I feel that some Blacks do not want to admit that they support Obama because he is Black, one of their "own." They want to use some other reason, any reason, than a racial one. And I don't fault those that do, because I can see where they are coming from. It's not "P.C." these days to support anyone because of their race, or at least not P.C. to say it outright but instead through "code."

Hell, I'm not Black but I would vote for Obama because he IS Black. Why not, out of all the candidates out of this entire lackluster group, why not go ahead and make history by casting a vote for a Black president of America. I think that it would show the world how far we have come, and that Black Americans can finally be proud of one of their own being the leader of one of the most powerful nation on earth.

But that's just me.

of course he does

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information