Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steve Irwin had 'a lot of pain and suffering'

Default Steve Irwin had 'a lot of pain and suffering'

Steve Irwin went through "a lot of pain and suffering", according to his father Bob.

Speaking to the Australian Broadcasting Corp. (ABC), Irwin said his son's jovial personality masked his true feelings.

"People don't realise just how much he gave of himself," Bob said.

"He was always very good in front of the media, and a lot of the pain and the suffering didn't show through."

Bob, who founded the Australia Zoo, said he was just as passionate about wildlife as his son but chose to stay out of the public eye.

"I don't have the talent with the media that Steve had. To be perfectly honest with you, the media frighten me. I would much rather catch crocodiles than sit here talking to the camera."

Bob, 68, recently left the zoo amid rumours that he had been arguing with his son's widow, Terri. He admitted his reasons for leaving the show were down to his becoming a "disruptive influence".

Steve Irwin died in September 2006 at the age of 44 after being struck in the chest by a stingray barb.

Showbiz - News - Irwin had 'a lot of pain and suffering' - Digital Spy

So....what was the pain and suffering due to?? The wife?? An injury? Was he a closest druggie?

I'd like more details please.....

I thought the heading meant when he died.. guess not.
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

I wonder if his relationship with his wife wasn't as good as they wanted us to believe. Steve always struck me as a very nice, sincere guy. Now that he's passed, his wife gives me very weird vibes, like she's capitalizing on his death for money. I'm just curious as to whether they had some problems in their relationship, maybe Terri wasn't all she appeared to be when he was alive.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    So....what was the pain and suffering due to?? The wife?? An injury? Was he a closest druggie?

I'd like more details please.....
    Yea, I wanna know too.

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    I wonder if his relationship with his wife wasn't as good as they wanted us to believe. Steve always struck me as a very nice, sincere guy. Now that he's passed, his wife gives me very weird vibes, like she's capitalizing on his death for money. I'm just curious as to whether they had some problems in their relationship, maybe Terri wasn't all she appeared to be when he was alive.

hmmmm...I'm wondering the same thing. I feel so terrible for Steve's dad too. He lost his son, the zoo he helped build, and probably the chance to be close to his grandchildren. I always liked Steve and Terri, but I have begun to really wonder about Terri and her motives.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Terri gives me the creeps.

Wink

I really thought he was going to bring up that dog...
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

I just don't care. Can we move on?

Hit By Ban Bus!

Steve was in pain when he died because he had suffered so many injuries during his life time. Broken bones, snake bites, crock bites. When he wasn't mugging for the camera he was grimacing.

Steve met Terri at his zoo, she actually worked at a zoo in America. They hit it off however Terri is much like his Dad, strong willed. Steve let his Dad think he was in charge and repected his Dad, once Steve passed away Terri wasn't going to put up with it.

Watch Steve's bio, it wasn't all fun and games, his Dad was tough.

I want to like Terri but it depends on how she treats Bendi and little Bob... she doesn't have very good bedside manner.

A lot of 'happy' famous people (especially comedians: Chris Farley, Jim Carrey, Owen Wilson) end up having much darker sides unknown to the public...

Which is why a lot of Comedians get into the funny business is to overcome/mask their depression.

Same with Steve (although he wasn't a comedian)...it's not surprising that he as well may have had his demons...

R.I.P. Steve.

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

I remember him talking on a show with Andrew Denton (not sure if everyone has heard of him, he's a very well known Aussie comedien-cum-interviewer). I vaguely remember him talking about the death of his mother and how much it affected him and he never really got over it. If you can get your hands on that interview, it was a real eye opener.

Before Steve's death I never disliked the guy, but I just couldn't stand the way he presented himself. Seeing that interview after his death really made me see him in a different light. He actually seemed human, not like some kind of caracature of one.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    Steve was in pain when he died because he had suffered so many injuries during his life time. Broken bones, snake bites, crock bites. When he wasn't mugging for the camera he was grimacing.

Steve met Terri at his zoo, she actually worked at a zoo in America. They hit it off however Terri is much like his Dad, strong willed. Steve let his Dad think he was in charge and repected his Dad, once Steve passed away Terri wasn't going to put up with it.

Watch Steve's bio, it wasn't all fun and games, his Dad was tough.

I want to like Terri but it depends on how she treats Bendi and little Bob... she doesn't have very good bedside manner.
    Steve's Bio was a real eye opener for me.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I think it is beyond creepy the way Terri is whoring out her child.

Chasing Demri around our house in her walker!

Steve Irwin went through "a lot of pain and suffering"
    Um, who hasn't??? Life is full of pain. At least he was a millionaire who got to live a very comfortable existence (as opposed to people in third-world countries who have to drink muddy water & are lucky if they get a meal in their hungry stomachs), and got to experience exciting & wonderful things in his lifetime that most people could only dream of.

I thought the heading meant when he died.. guess not.
    I thought the same thing, Rhonda! (I guess the morbid, macabre side of me was secretly hoping for those kind of details.)
    My precious baby girl:
    ~ Demri Elizabeth-June ~
    Arrived July 19th. 6 lbs.,5 oz.; 19.5". BEAUTIFUL !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information