Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brad Pitt gets a hands-on welcome at American Idol

Default Brad Pitt gets a hands-on welcome at American Idol

Brad Pitt Gets a Hands-on Welcome at American Idol

April 7, 2008
    Brad Pitt was speechless when he walked onto the American Idol stage Sunday night — literally.
    The crowd went wild when the actor took the stage at Hollywood’s Kodak Theater to tape a segment for Fox’s second annual Idol Gives Back special, making talking impossible.
    The crowd jumped to their feet for the hunky superstar, whose efforts to help rebuild housing for families who lost everything in 2005’s Hurricane Katrina were recognized by show. (The broadcast will air Wednesday, April 9.)
    After nearly 30 seconds of cheers, the 44-year-old Pitt — who was slated to introduce a film clip about former Idol contestant Chris Daughtry’s visit to Uganda — tried to say “thank you,” but his microphone wasn’t working.
    That’s when Idol stage manager Debbie McVickers rushed up to see what was wrong.
    As McVickers hurried to fix Pitt’s microphone, which had come unclipped from his shirt, she joked to the crowd about her “moment” with Pitt: “I just needed a reason to touch him.”
    Then, when a female production assistant came out to make sure the mic was affixed properly, McVickers joked again, “We need more women to touch him.” Once properly wired for sound, Pitt was able to get through the introduction without a hitch.
    Last year, the inaugural Idol Gives Back campaign raised more than $75 million for domestic and international charities. This year, producer Nigel Lythgoe told the audience minutes before the taping began that he “could feel” the show would crack the $100-million mark.
    In fact, the show has already exceeded that amount thanks to a $200 million pledge by British Prime Minister Gordon Brown who, via a taped message, said the country would pay for 20 million mosquito nets for African families in need.
    The impact of the evening was not lost on Miley Cyrus, who, like others in the theater, learned that even ten dollars — the cost of one mosquito net — could make a difference in someone’s life. “There’s people that can give hundreds, thousands,” Cryus said. “[It's good] to have that self-power and be able to say, ‘Okay, no matter how much I’m putting in, I’m making a difference.’ “
    Other big moments of the night include performances by Cyrus, Carrie Underwood, John Legend, Annie Lennox, Gloria Estefan and Mariah Carey. And Fergie’s rendition of “Barracuda” with Heart’s Ann and Nancy Wilson brought down the house.
    All of the evening’s music can be purchased on Itunes after the Idol Gives Back telecast. –Monica Rizzo and Jed Dreben

Brad Pitt Gets a Hands-on Welcome at American Idol - Fall TV Watch
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Elite Member

I know I'm crazy, but David Archuleta's really the only person I'm interested in seeing Wednesday night.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Ryan Seacrest was soooo jealous.

Fergie + Heart = FART no matter how you cut it!
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

i didnt get to see Idol gives back last year since i was in hospital, so i'm looking forward to this. (except for Miley)
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

It may be worth watching to see Cowell and Seacrust's ego deflated by Brad but will have to miss it.
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

I have no interest in watching it and I really don't see what the big whoop is about Brad but I think the raising of money is terrific.
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

What is with those goddamn hats???? Enough already.

I can proudly say I have never seen an episode of this....

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

He looks fucking dorky.

He's hot! Hot as hell!!
    When you came in the air went out. And every shadow filled up with doubt. I don't know who you think you are, But before the night is through,I wanna do bad things with you.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    What is with those goddamn hats???? Enough already.
    My thoughts exactly... and then I thought he's starting to look like my goofy dad... and then I thought - maybe he's balding!
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

^^
    On a gossip show they showed the clip where he's getting the microphone fixed and he lifts his hat a little reveiling a shorter do. I think it for the movie he's doing in Texas.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this. It was pretty good last year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information