Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sex And The City girls show they've still got pulling power 10 years on

Default Sex And The City girls show they've still got pulling power 10 years on

It is ten years since the stars of Sex and the City first won over viewers with their cosmopolitan adventures in New York.

But with the help of computer technology the four actresses have rolled back the years for photographs promoting a film version of their television show.

With Sarah Jessica Parker, 43, back at the helm of her all girl pack, the stars posed for the promotional shoot ahead of the release of their big screen debut in May.
    Scroll down for more...
    Raining confetti: In one of the promotional shots for the film, the girls are showered with flowers

Original: the actresses in a 1998 promotional image for the series

In flirty red confections - and with the help of just a touch of airbrushing - Sarah and her co-stars Kim Cattrall, 51, Cynthia Nixon, who turns 42 this month, and Kristin Davis, 43, appear almost as youthful as their black-clad 1998 promotional campaign.

Chris Bickmore, an airbrush artist, said the faces had all been retouched. "None of them have any eye bags or crow's feet around their eyes in this PR shot," he added. "Their faces are all now really perfect when women of their ages would have some wrinkles and facial detail.

"Kim Cattrall in the latest shot has also had the mole below her lip completely removed. I'd also say they've had their teeth made a brighter white too."

Sarah recently revealed that as well as good genes, her secret to staying in shape is Pilates and, she adds, "running around New York City and having a five-year-old [son James Wilkie Broderick]."

But the svelte star insists she doesn't follow a strict diet regime.
    Scroll down for more...
    Girl about town: Sarah Jessica Parker is reprising television's most famous singleton Carrie Bradshaw

Cosmo, anyone? Kristin Davis plays sweet and naive Charlotte York

She said recently: "I eat everything. I'm just an eater. If it's free, I honestly eat everything."

"Last night I had steak and some lamb shank. And I had some roasted chicken and some cassoulet and some profiteroles and some ice cream and some cheesecake."

Sarah recently admitted she was extremely hurt by a Maxim poll that named her "unsexiest woman alive."
    Scroll down for more...
    On the prowl again: Kim Cattrall is slipping back into Samantha Jones shoes

Frock star: Cynthia Nixon, who will ring in her 42nd birthday next week, is back as Miranda Hobbes

She defended her surgery-free appearance, saying: "Do I have big fake boobs, Botox and big lips? No.

"Do I fit some ideals and standards of some men writing in a men's magazine? Maybe not.

"Am I really the unsexiest women in the world? Wow! It's kind of shocking when men... It's so brutal in a way, so filled with rage and anger."
    Scroll down for more ...
    SJP in sequinned top and three-quarter length trousers and with a black puff dress and red skirting

Kim Cattrall acts the vamp in a glittery above-the-knee dress

Still, she couldn't be more happy about the upcoming film, saying: "I'm very excited. We've still got a lot of work to do, and very little time to do it but I'm hoping that it's worth the wait."

Several endings have been shot in a bid to keep fans guessing whether perennial singleton Carrie Bradshaw will finally tie the knot with Mr Big.

Scroll down for more ...
    Blue and yellow with blue shoes are the colours for Kristin Davis

City girls: the stars shooting scenes for the upcoming big screen release on the streets of New York last year

The film, which picks up from the series four years on, was delayed for some time amid reports of rows between Sarah and Kim, who plays man eater Samantha Jones.

Cattrall famously negotiated hard over payment for the film, and reportedly had a bust up over Sarah's $US3 million salary - twice that of her co-stars.

Meanwhile, Sarah has talked down rumours that there is another Sex and the City television series in the works.

She said: "As a mother I just can't be away from my son that kind of time."
    Sex and the City: The Movie will have its London premiere on May 28.
    Get me to the church: But does Carrie finally get married to her Mr Big?

Bridemaids: The cast filmed multiple endings to keep the real finale top secret

Sex And The City girls show they've still got pulling power 10 years on ... but have they had a little help from the airbrush? | the Daily Mail

Hit By Ban Bus!

i love miranda's look in this picture. it looks like in the SATC episode where she tells carrie how to fake an ultrasound.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

i absolutely love SATC , and i LOVE these pictures!! (well, except golden girls lol)
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    I loved the series, not looking forward to the movie. And why do they insist on dressing Samantha as if its the 1980s? I'm embarrassed for the stuff she wears.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Pulling power ... after they've been airbrushed to look exactly the same as they did back then? What's the point? Show them as they are now. Women age, for crying out loud. It doesn't mean they turn into hideous freaks.

Quote Originally Posted by snuffy View Post

Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    I loved the series, not looking forward to the movie. And why do they insist on dressing Samantha as if its the 1980s? I'm embarrassed for the stuff she wears.
    ITA! The wrapped up the series perfectly, leaving us with pleasant thoughts about the girls' futures. Now, and as usual for the sake of money, thye have to push it just a step too far.

The girls all look faaaaaabulous.

Except, and it may just be the angle of that top picture, but Kim is looking a little thick around the middle. I can't believe she let her lithe torso go!

SJP is incredibly bow legged.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post

It had to be done ... sorry.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    I know! I just noticed that. Maybe she's like a friend of mine and just has incredibly wide-set hips?

Is is May 22 that this movie is released in cinemas...??? Please don't tell me it's now May 28th... that would be so cruel!
    vaya con dios

Zee

Been looking forward to this movie. Those are some shitty clothes on Kim Catrall.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    I thought the same thing. I never noticed it when the show was on.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Maybe it's just the pants she's wearing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information