Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Motherhood has never been my ambition,' says Renee Zellweger

Default 'Motherhood has never been my ambition,' says Renee Zellweger

Hollywood singleton Renee Zellweger, who turns 39 this month, has revealed she harbours no plans to be a parent.

The actress, who showed off her stylish new look as she arrived for an appearance the Late Show with David Letterman in New York City, has said: “Motherhood has never been an ambition. I don't think like that.”
    Scroll down for more...
    Lady in red: Renee Zellweger stepped out in New York City to appear on the Late Show with David Letterman Show

“I never have expectations like 'when I'm 19 I'm going to do this, and by the time I've hit 25 I'm going to do that'. I just take things as they come, each day at a time, and if things happen, all well and good.

“I just want to be independent and be able to take care of myself. Anything else is just gravy.”
    Renee, who is most famous for her role as unlucky-in-love Bridget Jones, wed country star Kenny Chesney in 2005 after splitting up with the White Stripes frontman Jack White.
    The marriage was annulled after mere months and she says she currently doesn't have time for romance.

"I'm not single, I'm busy," she says.
    Scroll down for more...
    Swept away: the actress, who on a promotional blitz for new film Leatherheads, brushed back her blonde tresses

She is in the throes of a promotional blitz for her new film Leatherheads, which included her latest visit to the Ed Sullivan Theatre, where she dazzled the crowd with swept-back hair, a vibrant red dress, towering silver Christian Louboutin heels.

Renee made the appearance on the talk show without her co-star and close friend George Clooney, who also directed the film, which is set in the world of 1920s American football.

Of choosing her the part, he said: "She was the only person I ever thought of to do it. Three or four scenes were written in the original script that really sounded like her voice, and then you just had to think about Renée delivering them. She is so good at this kind of stuff."

The pair speak each week and "see each other all the time," according to Renee.

Both have denied speculation of a romance, but rumours persist.
    Renee said in a recent interview: "I'm fine with it because what they do write is so much more interesting and makes me so much more an interesting person, especially when they say George Clooney is my secret husband.”

'Motherhood has never been my ambition,' says super sleek Renee Zellweger | the Daily Mail

*hem*

Well, considering how disgustingly skinny she is I bet she couldn't have kids if she wanted to.

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

She looks really nice here, her legs are spectacular.

I don't think she's too thin, she quite lean with some muscle on her.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

She gives me the willies, but I totally ping regarding the non-mom thing. And am so loving that red dress and shoes. Too bad her face ruins it.

Good, there's no reason for her to spread her fug to another generation.

Quote Originally Posted by MoodyJenny86 View Post
    *hem*

Well, considering how disgustingly skinny she is I bet she couldn't have kids if she wanted to.
    man i believe anyone can have a kid if nicole richie can.
    I'm a hard act to follow because when I'm done, I take the microphone with me.

Those shoes are insanely awesome. The rest- meh. She reminds me of a 13 year old boy who runs track or something.
    "Bigfoot may well be an extraterrestrial because- remember Chewbacca?" - George Noory

A*O

She rocks that dress. And good for her for not wanting to follow the herd and breed because it's expected. Mind you, wait another 5 years when her bio clock suddenly goes into overdrive and I bet she'll be down the IVF clinic along with all the other Hollywood women who leave it too late.

She looks good in those pics. I think she's got the kind of face that improves with age.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I hear ya sister. Some people seem to find it hard to believe that some of us women HAVE ZERO DESIRE to be mothers. I wouldn't bring another person in this world, if I was so desperate to be a Mum, I'd adopt.

Gold Member

Yes, motherhood is wack for those who don't want it. Good for you, Renee! We've got enough peeps on this planet...let's take care of the ones we've got.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Oh Renee give me a break. If George Clooney said "spread em" she'd be on her back in a heart beat spewing out babies like she was a bubble machine.

Like it or not George has two girl friends.

She looks like such a sour puss.

But as for her ambition not being motherhood - that's fine. I don't know why women are expected to become mothers.
    ssabmud

Bronze Member

I can totally respect that. It's never been an ambition of mine either. It always annoys me when someone primary ambition is to get married and have babies. talk about setting low goals.

I think Renee looks really good in these photos.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I can rant all day long but truth is I want to see Leatherheads.. and I don't like Clooney or Zel....whatever

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Maybe it's because she can't find anyone who's willing to enter Pharoah's Tomb.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information