Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jenny McCarthy calls Bulls***!

Default Jenny McCarthy calls Bulls***!

Jenny McCarthy was on Larry King last night to talk about Autism. Things got a little prickly when Jenny said that her son, Evan, would not be autistic if it wasn't for medical vaccinations. When one doctor dude started to say vaccinations are a boon to a lot of families, she cut him off and said it "Bullshit." Jenny went on to say that doctors are giving too many shots, too soon. She continued to tear into him while Larry King just sat there eating his oatmeal and scratching his diaper rash.
    Click here to see the clip
    While watching the clip, I just sat here thinking, "Damn, the girl from Singled Out has changed." Seriously, Singled Out host to Autism activist! I wonder what Chris Hardwick is doing?

Jenny McCarthy Calls Bullshit! | Dlisted
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

You Go, Jenny!!

Oh, man.

Wait a minute, vaccinations cause autism? Since when?
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I was watching CNN last night. Anderson Cooper had a very good feature on autism called Finding Amanda, then after that was Larry King with Jenny McCarthy.

I'm happy for her that her son's autism has improved (they stressed that he has RECOVERED, but not cured), and that she's very active in the cause.

Dixie, vaccines don't cause it per se, it's the contamination in vaccines like mercury and other metals, that's what they were discussing on the show. They're not anti-vaccines, they just want it regulated and individualized depending on the child's needs etc.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Normos View Post
    Since never.

Everyone's looking for a bogeyman to blame for the surge of autism cases, but the data doesn't bear out that vaccines can cause it. In fact, the supposedly offending chemical, thimerosol, hasn't been used in any standard vaccines for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Normos View Post
    She read it here:

She was pissed! I wonder if she has a point? They should have run more of the argument and both doctors' rebuttals.

Since never.

Everyone's looking for a bogeyman to blame for the surge of autism cases, but the data doesn't bear out that vaccines can cause it. In fact, the supposedly offending chemical, thimerosol, hasn't been used in any standard vaccines for years.

^Dammit, I've been vaccinated for a WHACK o' stuff, I was half hoping I'd be able to draw city scapes by memory soon!

Since people seem to have missed my post...

Dixie, vaccines don't cause it per se, it's the contamination in vaccines like mercury and other metals, that's what they were discussing on the show. They're not anti-vaccines, they just want it regulated and individualized depending on the child's needs etc.
    I'm not saying I believe this, that's just what I understood from their discussion but then I didn't watch the whole show, just the begging of it.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

I didn't miss your post, moomies. So what did the doctor have to say about regulation and avoiding contamination? It's probably expensive for the drug companies that produce the vaccines, I imagine. They should be pressured to do it anyways, like she said there should be no "acceptable losses" here, if they can prevent it.

Individualized vaccines?

I thought vaccines were given based on a plethora of common/potentially life threatening ailments, like chicken pox, polio, diptheria (sp), hepatitis A-whatever letter we're up to?

Picking and choosing would kinda defeat the purpose, methinks.

Interestingly enough, it wasn't a MD they had on the show, it was some kinda politician or a scientist (sorry I wasn't paying enough attention at this point cuz I didn't find this as interesting as the previous programming on Anderson Cooper) that wrote a book on pharmaceutical companies and some regulations that were passed then got retracted mumbo jumbo, lawsuit that won based on the contamination and this and that. But what they (or Jenny in particular) strongly believed in was that in a lot of autism cases, the child developed a high fever first and was diagnosed right after being given vaccines.

^do the high fevers burn brain cells? SCARY!

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    Since never.

OMFG you stole my mind!
    There are all kinds of things being linked to autism spectrum disorders. Now a study is saying that premature babies have a higher rates of autism.
    There are so many things we could blame the rise in numbers on; take just general awareness of the disorders in the first place.
    I do find it disturbing that my son was given like 5 vaccines at one time when he was 6 months old; that's a bit much I think.
    There are also studies that link high fevers and flu illnesses in pregnant women making their child more prone to schizophrenia.
    From the damage done to our bodies before we reproduce (eggs and sperm quality gets kind of crazy over time) to what we are subjected to while pregnant, and then whatever else after; there are so many factors including the genetics from our parents and their parents who had mutations from whatever the fuck they were exposed to.
    For all we know we could trace this back to lax control of exposure to some seemingly safe thing from generations back and is just now rearing its ugly head.
    There have been cases of monetary awards issued because of severe and rare vaccine reactions.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information