Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kylie Minogue launches bid to crack the States

Default Kylie Minogue launches bid to crack the States

She's been Britain's sweetheart for years, but now Kylie has launched a bid to crack the US, and donned a rather risqué bondage style outfit for her first appearance on American television for five years.

Kylie took centre stage on the US version of Strictly Come Dancing in the raunchy outfit, as she attempted to win over American audiences.
    The singer, meanwhile, received moral support from sister Dannii, who arrived dressed in a figure-hugging silver dress and fitted jacket, for her sister's appearance.

Scroll down for more...

Naughty but nice: The Aussie popstar got some much-needed moral support from sister Dannii for her first appearance in the US for five years

Performance: Kylie is in the US to raise her profile as she has failed to replicate her huge European success in America

Read more...

The 39-year-old Australian pop star wore a black bondage style outfit, complete with arm cuffs, and hanging chains.

She added stiletto heeled platform boots and a peaked Village People style cap, to sing Can't Get You Out Of My Head on top-rated show Dancing With The Stars.
    Kylie has decamped to America along with sister Dannii in the hope cracking the US market which has remained remarkably lukewarm to her.

Scroll down for more...

Best supported sister: Dannii put on a bold front in support of sister Kylie, backstage at the filming of Dancing With The Stars

And she kicked off the campaign with the racy performance on the top-rated show, which regularly draws an audience of 20 million viewers.

Kylie sang two songs, and changed for the second appearance into a platinum blonde bobbed wig, red sequinned mini-dress and gold platform shoes.
    She asked the studio audience "are you feeling good?", before singing her ballad, All I See from her new album X which is released in the US today.

Scroll down for more...

Strapped up: Kylie Minogue donned a raunchy bondage style outfit for an appearance on US show Dancing With The Stars last night

The gig on one of America's highest-rating shows was perfect timing for Minogue who has struggled to dominate US charts as she has in Australia and Europe.

Kylie's US publicity campaign continues in earnest over the next few days, with guest appearances on The Ellen DeGeneres Show and the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson.
    Celebrity contestants on the US Dancing with the Stars include Priscilla Presley, actors Shannon Elizabeth, and deaf Oscar-winner Marlee Matlin.
    Showstopper: Kylie wore a fabulous red sequinned dress to sing song All I See from album X as she hopes to win new fans in the US

Minogue sisters team up in daring outfits as Kylies launches bid to crack the States | the Daily Mail

Wowza! In Pic. 4 she has definitely lost those slender legs and famous but.

I think it's good she admits that she is not very well received in America, because she could be quite arrogant about it.
    Danni looks high... but her boobies look nice
    ssabmud

What took her so long? That "Can't get you oughta my head" video where she wore a dressless-white scarf aired the same time Evanecence made their debut...YEARS AGO.
    Eff, Tattoo was still exciting male audiences everywhere with their girl-on-girl affection at that point, 2002? 2003?

It's a little late KM, 5 years too late.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

^its a new album that she's promoting. She just did CGYOMH becasue it is literally the only Kylie song that people over here know, otherwise everyone would be all "Who the hell is this chick?!" At least people can say "Oh, ya! That song. Who is she again?!"

And she has lost her legs and ass...but she's also been through hell and back with her cancer/chemo treatments and getting healthy again for the last two years. She looks fab!

Danni, on the other hand.....

She totally could fill the void left by Britney Spears, even though she's almost 20 years older. They do the same kind of music really. Oh wait, can Kylie dance?

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Wow, she waited too long to come back here. She should've kept up with it, because we did notice her.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Bronze Member

Dannii looks like she has a Marcia Cross forehead going on:

(Pacific Coast News)

Elite Member

Honestly? She's a little too old, and a little too fat to break in anywhere, I'm afraid.

Kylie fat and old? Who knew that would happen? Her ass is big. And she has the stooping shoulders of a middle aged woman. Age catches us all. Chemo aside I think it is age that is dragging her ass down.
    Jack I swear.

I think in that picture of her rear there is a black scarf which makes her thigh look a lot bigger than it is. Much as I want to join in with the pointing and staring I think it is just a bad angle!

Horrid outfit anytime let alone her big America breakthrough apearance. It doesn't flatter her at all & isn't the least bit sexy. She can be cute at times but not this time. I'm not a fan of her outfits most of the time though.

Quote Originally Posted by TaffyMoon View Post
    Honestly? She's a little too old, and a little too fat to break in anywhere, I'm afraid.
    Fat?? Really, I don't like her but she is far from being fat.

Gold Member

I hate Kylie's voice. It's so weak. She sounds so nasily and chipmunk-like almost.

And her new album is crap. I hope they don't start playing this no talent's manufactured, crap music in this country.

She isnt fat, she looks very healthy and well presented.

I had no idea until years ago that she was so famous overseas, since she was little known in America. I had someone in England once tell me that Kylie is like their Madonna, that shocked me a bit.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information