Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oprah Winfrey dedicates show to her late dog

Default Oprah Winfrey dedicates show to her late dog

CHICAGO - Oprah Winfrey plans to dedicate a show investigating abuses at puppy mills to her cocker spaniel, Sophie, who died last month from kidney failure.

"Sophie gave me 13 years of unconditional love. She was a true love in my life," Winfrey says on the broadcast scheduled to air Friday. (Advance remarks from the show were released Tuesday by Harpo Productions.)
    The show features special correspondent Lisa Ling investigating puppy mills, which Ling calls "horrific" and "haunting."
    Winfrey says the show is "for anybody anywhere who loves a dog, has ever loved a dog, or just cares about their basic right to humane treatment."
    While Sophie was not a product of a puppy mill, and Winfrey's three current dogs were adopted from breeders, Winfrey says in the future she would look to adopt from an animal shelter.
    "I would never, ever adopt another pet now without going to a shelter to do it. I am a changed woman after seeing this show," she says.

Winfrey dedicates show to her late dog - Yahoo! News
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Hit By Ban Bus!

Way to capitalize off Sophie's death!! Yeah oprah! Seriously I would never watch this show. The show sounds like a bummer.

Yea she get teary eyed probably and shots of audience closeup wiping tears with kleenex.

Yawn.

Silly...

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

I like the fact that she's doing a show about puppy mill abuse, but it's sad that she's only doing it because her dog died.
    I saw a documentary about a dog mill once, and I've never forgotten about it. It was truly heartwrenching to see the abuse and neglect that goes on.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Well, the only good thing about this show is that it will she a bigger light on the evils of puppy mills..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Gold Member

I don't like Oprah or watch her. But I think it is great she is doing a show on puppy mills. It is sweet she is dedicating it to her baby that died.

I think anyone that loved an animal and was in a position of power would dedicate something to a loved one that died.

Chasing Demri around our house in her walker!

WHO THE FUCK CARES about Oprah's dog???

This bitch is so self-absorbed & megomaniacal, she thinks the world cares about every little detail of her life. Can't stand Oprah, or the "Sheep-le" who watch her dumb show & run out & buy every stupid product she endorses & live their lives according to what *The Almighty Oprah* tells them to do. (Sorry, no offense to any fellow GossipRockers who happen to enjoy Oprah's show.)
    My precious baby girl:
    ~ Demri Elizabeth-June ~
    Arrived July 19th. 6 lbs.,5 oz.; 19.5". BEAUTIFUL !

Don't like her, but I am glad she is doing something to bring more public awareness to puppy mills. If her show gets people to adopt from shelters instead of buying animals, she's done a good thing.

Chasing Demri around our house in her walker!

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    Don't like her, but I am glad she is doing something to bring more public awareness to puppy mills. If her show gets people to adopt from shelters instead of buying animals, she's done a good thing.
    ^^I do agree with that. (Guess i didn't read the whole article before writing my anti-Oprah rant!) Anything to bring awareness to helping animals, is a wonderful thing.
    My precious baby girl:
    ~ Demri Elizabeth-June ~
    Arrived July 19th. 6 lbs.,5 oz.; 19.5". BEAUTIFUL !

Well good for her, lots of women like her show so if it makes a few of them re-think getting a puppy mill dog surely it's a good thing?

It's lovely, why do some of you have to be so damn negative? (And I hardly like Oprah)

Elite Member

Seriously, who didn't see this coming?

God I dislike this woman.

Quote Originally Posted by viggofan View Post
    Winfrey says the show is "for anybody anywhere who loves a dog, has ever loved a dog, or just cares about their basic right to humane treatment."

Winfrey's three current dogs were adopted from breeders (...)
    Ah, if you love dogs you take care of all those creatures getting crazy in kennels. You don't buy them. You don't go to breeders. You don't even dare to think to do so.

And please don't say you'd look to adopt from an animal shelter. You say you love animals, then you capitalize off you dog's death, in the meantime all of your dogs come from breeders. Did it take you so long to think about kennels?? Wow, if you claim you're an animal lover then I can't think of animal haters!!
    Three reasons to be teacher: June, July, August.

Why doesn't the bitch call out stars like Britney and Paris who buy pets at pet stores that undoubtedly support mills instead of adopting from the humane society or other type of rescue league? Because her real concern is capitalism.

My my, didn't we all just dip our tongues in some acid today.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information