Thread: Madonna isn't talented enough for American Idol

Default Madonna isn't talented enough for American Idol

Madonna thinks she would be thrown off US TV talent show American Idol.

The 4 Minutes star insists she wouldn't survive on the talent show which made Kelly Clarkson famous, because she hasn't got a conventional singing voice.

She said: "I went to a lot of auditions for musical theatre and conventional mainstream things - and I always got cut immediately. So I'm pretty sure the same thing would happen to me."

Madonna - who is married to Snatch director Guy Ritchie - is proud she achieved pop superstardom the "hard way" rather than being handed it.

She explained: "I did it the hard way. I had to teach myself how to play the drums, I had to get into a band. I played in little clubs for years before anybody would even pay any attention to me.

"I had to take my tape around to record companies and have them shut the door in my face. It took a long time. I came up the hard way."

Madonna moved to New York in the late 70s to pursue her music dream, and even worked in fast food restaurant Dunkin' Donuts to get by.

Madonna wouldn't survive American Idol - New Zealand's source for entertainment news, gossip & music, movie & book reviews on Stuff.co.nz

Elite Member

I don't know - I don't think these Idol contestants have it too easy and they certainly don't have anything 'handed' to them. As a matter of fact, the hard part starts once the show ends and they face the reality that their 15 minute of fame are up and they now have to prove their credibility.

Also, I don't think there's anything easy about throwing an amateur on an international stage in front of a studio audience and a public audience of millions - with all the glitz and glare no less - giving them a theme that they're often too young to recognize, having them learn new lyrics with less than a day or two of practice and then saying 'blow us away'. All this in the midst of dealing with the media feeding the frenzy, photoshoots, interviews, and everyone picking you apart from head to toe. Talk about trial by fire!

I'm sure had the same opportunity presented itself when Madonna started out, she'd have jumped at it too!

Oh, Yes, Madonna, remind us one more time of how "special" you are......stupid cow........how hard was it for her to "influence" teenage girls who have always been her only audience.....

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

It's not about her being "different" the woman cannot fucking sing. She's a product.

^^^Yeah, Madonna couldn't have made it on American Idol, because she can't sing. She knew how to market her image, taking off her clothes helped too.

She explained: "I did it the hard way. I had to teach myself how to play the drums, I had to get into a band. I played in little clubs for years before anybody would even pay any attention to me.

Maybe Madonna should've taught herself how to sing & act instead of playing the drums.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Maybe Madonna should've taught herself how to sing & act instead of playing the drums.
    I think you are born with the talent to sing or act. Its not something you can learn. Its there or its not. Right from birth. No one starts out as a shithouse singer goes to classes and ends up duoing with Celine Dion. Drums however..............................
    Jack I swear.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

At least she knows she can't sing. Even though I can't stand her, I have a lot of respect for the way she was persistent about making it, and keeping her light shining brightly.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by cheray View Post
    I think you are born with the talent to sing or act. Its not something you can learn. Its there or its not. Right from birth. No one starts out as a shithouse singer goes to classes and ends up duoing with Celine Dion. Drums however..............................
    Yeah, I know singing and acting are gifts you're born with. I was just being sarcastic.

Thread Information