Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No evidence that UK government killed Princess Diana

Default No evidence that UK government killed Princess Diana

The coroner leading the inquest into the death of Princess Diana said Monday that there is no evidence that Prince Philip, the Secret Intelligence Service or any other government agency had anything to do with her death in a 1997 car crash.

Lord Justice Scott Baker told jurors they can decide whether Diana and her boyfriend, Dodi Fayed, died as the result of an accident, or because of gross negligence by the paparazzi following their car or driver Henri Paul.

But he told jurors they do not have the option to find that Philip or anyone else staged the Paris car accident that killed Diana, Fayed and Paul.

"There is no evidence that the duke of Edinburgh (Prince Philip) ordered Diana's execution, and there is no evidence that the Secret Intelligence Service or any other government agency organized it," he said.

Fayed's father, Mohamed Al Fayed, has long claimed that his son and Diana were killed in a plot orchestrated by the intelligence services and masterminded by Philip, husband of Queen Elizabeth II. He repeated the claims in testimony to the inquest.

Scott Baker began summing up Monday, opening the final chapter in an extraordinary inquest that began Oct. 2.

More than 240 witnesses have given evidence, including Diana's close friends, Prince Philip's private secretary, a former head of the Secret Intelligence Service and Diana's former butler Paul Burrell.

Al Fayed's late bid to force the coroner to summon Prince Philip to testify — and for written questions to be put to the queen — was summarily rejected by a higher court.

There has been evidence that Diana feared dying in a car crash, but also had speculated about death in a helicopter or airplane crash; there was testimony that she feared Prince Philip, her former father-in-law.

The couple's car crashed as they were pursued from the Ritz Hotel by a pack of paparazzi photographers.

French police concluded that the couple died in an accident, caused in part by excessive speed and by driver Paul's high blood-alcohol level. A British police investigation reached the same conclusion.

As the inquest progressed, some distance opened between Al Fayed and the lawyers working for him.

Michael Mansfield, Al Fayed's main advocate, steered away from accusing Philip or claiming that the British intelligence agents from MI6 assassinated the couple. He did suggest that rogue agents might have been involved.

"Mr. Al Fayed ... has certain beliefs which he has made clear," Mansfield told the coroner on Feb. 20. "He has certain beliefs and I have never at any stage withdrawn any of his beliefs, but you will see I have focused very carefully on elements of what he is suggesting that may be true; in other words, for which there is, forensically, evidence to support his beliefs."

Scott Baker told the jury that some of Al Fayed's claims "have been shown to be so demonstrably without foundation that they are no longer being pursued by (his) lawyer, even if he still continues to believe in their truth in his own mind."

"They are not being pursued because there is not a shred of evidence to support them," he said.

No evidence UK govt killed Diana - Yahoo! News

Hit By Ban Bus!

Bullhockey! They never explained why officials wouldn't test the DNA of the blood that was supposedly Henri Paul's, showing he was drunk and full of Carbon Monoxide. There was a suicide victim in the morgue at the same time as Paul, who got terribly drunk and killed himself by running a hose into his car from the exhaust pipe.

PLUS. Officials have never explained to my satisfaction why it took almost two hours to get Diana to a hospital that was 10 minutes away.

PLUS. Diana's butler submitted to the court a letter from her, written 10 months before she died, stating her suspicions that Charles would kill her by causing an accident in her car, leaving him free to marry Camilla.

OF COURSE there isn't.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^Ambulances don't stop in a case like that, the EMT does his/her job of attending the victim while the driver drives like a bat out of hell to get to a real doctor. The person driving the ambulance has no need to stop what he/she is doing to attend the victim.

Yes. Wrapped up like a tiddy little package with a pretty bow. There will always be doubt in my mind. By the by, did they ever find the white Fiat?

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    ^^Ambulances don't stop in a case like that, the EMT does his/her job of attending the victim while the driver drives like a bat out of hell to get to a real doctor. The person driving the ambulance has no need to stop what he/she is doing to attend the victim.
    But that isn't how it is done in France. The French have a system whereby they stabilize the person as much as possible before zooming off to the hospital. It was explained in some detail in a Vanity Fair story, and also in
    Tina Brown's book. I think it is a little odd myself, but that is the procedure there for serious injuries.

I think the fact that al Fayed's OWN counsel aren't pushing the Prince Philip conspiracy theory speaks volumes as to its credibility. Defense lawyers will usually try anything on if they have even a speck of reasonable doubt or evidence.

You know, on the (BBC) news they reported that the judge also said that a lot of the witnesses have lied and that this (obviously) effected the judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    PLUS. Diana's butler submitted to the court a letter from her, written 10 months before she died, stating her suspicions that Charles would kill her by causing an accident in her car, leaving him free to marry Camilla.
    Well, if *I* thought someone was going to try to kill me in an engineered car accident, I'd be sure to wear a seatbelt. I'm not convinced that letter is real. It seems like a really iffy assassination method. There was, after all, a survivor of that accident.

no offence to diana lovers but i don't think there was any conspiracy and it was ridiculous to even have an inquest.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    Well, if *I* thought someone was going to try to kill me in an engineered car accident, I'd be sure to wear a seatbelt. I'm not convinced that letter is real. It seems like a really iffy assassination method. There was, after all, a survivor of that accident.
    Former MI6-she could have been murdered by MI6 officers using a strobe gun to blind her driver.

Police concealed the fact that:

Victor Mishcon, the Princess' lawyer, went to Scotland Yard nearly three weeks after her death to reveal that she held a meeting with her legal team two years earlier to record her suspicions that her life was in danger.

Elite Member

I think they should have had an inquest to thoroughly examine the evidence - and they reached the correct decision...

BTW, to those persons who tend to say CAN WE STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS NOW, an observation - DONT EXPECT THE TALKING TO STOP, AFTER ALL, WE ARE STILL TALKING ABOUT ANN BOELYN 500 YEARS LATER!!!!!!!!!!! BWAA HAA HAA

That doesn't make it any less an iffy method.

Ok, perhaps she really was afraid someone would try to murder her, but her own suspicions are not evidence that it really happened.

I don't discount the possibility that she was the victim of an assassin. Just about anything is possible. However, there isn't enough evidence to convince me of it, and I don't think it can ever be proven conclusively even if it WAS a homicide.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    But that isn't how it is done in France. The French have a system whereby they stabilize the person as much as possible before zooming off to the hospital. It was explained in some detail in a Vanity Fair story, and also in
    Tina Brown's book. I think it is a little odd myself, but that is the procedure there for serious injuries.
    yeppers! and its also explained in detail in Death of Diana. they bring the Emergency room to the patient, rather than bringing the patient to the emergency room.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

A*O

This whole inquest/charade is a bit like the Warren Commission that was given the job of investigating JFKs assassination by the very people who probably organised it. Of course they are going to say it wasn't a conspiracy.

In Diana's case there are still a lot of very strange inconsistancies and unanswered questions but if there IS some kind of coverup we are never, ever going to know about it, especially if it involves members of the royal family and/or the UK secret service.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I agree that there is probably some kind of cover up given the players, but that doesn't equal conspiracy. The whole story rarely comes out in any of these kinds of things.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information