Thread: Former 'Quincy, M.E.' star Jack Klugman sues NBC over profits from show

Default Former 'Quincy, M.E.' star Jack Klugman sues NBC over profits from show

Former 'Quincy, M.E.' Star Jack Klugman Sues NBC Over Profits From Show

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Former ''Quincy, M.E.'' star Jack Klugman sued NBC Universal Friday, claiming the studio is lying about the show's profits and owes him money.
    Klugman, 85, played the crime-busting Dr. R. Quincy on the show from 1976 to 1983.
    His 1976 contract with NBC entitles him and his company, Sweater Productions, to 25 percent of the show's ''net profits,'' according to the suit filed in Superior Court. Klugman claims his copy of the contract was lost when his agent died, and NBC has refused to provide a copy.
    The lawsuit aims to force NBC to divulge the contract and award Klugman attorneys' fees. It also asks the court to clarify the terms of the agreement.
    ''I recently heard that they made $250 million and it's still on TV in Germany. I don't want their money. I want my money,'' Klugman told The Associated Press. ''I worked my tail off. I got up at four in the morning and stayed at the studio. I did rewrite, I edited.''
    Calls to NBC Universal Friday seeking comment Friday were not immediately returned.
    NBC provided Klugman with an accounting statement showing the series had lost $66 million through 2006, according to the suit. However, Klugman said he believes NBC is lying, and that it made money.

Former 'Quincy, M.E.' Star Jack Klugman Sues NBC Over Profits From Show - Starpulse Entertainment News Blog
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

i used to LOVE Quincy.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Good on him. If NBC are trying to bullshit him they should have to pay up.
    ssabmud

he is still alive. I thought he died awhile back. I know his ex-wife Brett Sommers died several yrs ago.
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

^^Maybe you're thinking of Tony Randall ("Oscar") who died in 2004? Jack Klugman did have throat cancer years ago but has clearly gotten past it.

I watched Quincy religiously when I was a kid. I came across an episode several months ago while channel surfing and the show was not as good as I remember. Probably because Forensic Science has gotten so much better in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    ^^Maybe you're thinking of Tony Randall ("Oscar") who died in 2004? Jack Klugman did have throat cancer years ago but has clearly gotten past it.

I watched Quincy religiously when I was a kid. I came across an episode several months ago while channel surfing and the show was not as good as I remember. Probably because Forensic Science has gotten so much better in recent years.
    that could be. I forgot he had throat cancer awhile back
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Thread Information