Thread: Amy Winehouse, Pete Doherty and Princes William and Harry get a CGI makeover

Default Amy Winehouse, Pete Doherty and Princes William and Harry get a CGI makeover

It may have been given a digital makeover. But ITV's new version of Spitting Image will still mercilessly poke fun at today's public figures.

And despite the absence of any latex this time around, politicians are once again set to dread Sunday nights.
    Instead of being portrayed as puppets the likes of Gordon Brown, Amy Winehouse, Pete Doherty and Prince William will all be captured by CGI-animation. Scroll down for more...
    Cheers: Amy Winehouse, Pete Doherty and Gordon Brown in CGI as they appear in Headcases

Toon time: Prince Harry and William are both targets for the ITV show

The new show, 12 years after the original ended, is being brought back by Spitting Image head writer Henry Naylor and Rory Bremner.
    Headcases, as it is now known, has cost 2.5million to make and will launch next week.
    This comes after Spitting Image's original producer claimed the new show would be a celebrity obsessed and lightweight. Scroll down for more...
    Ta da! Madonna will no doubt be less than thrilled at her rather masculine portrayal

Among the 64-strong cast list will be Robert Mugabe, Alistair Darling, Fabio Capello, the Beckhams and Nicolas Sarkozy.

New Russian president-elect Dmitry Medvedev is presented on the show as Vladimir Putin's puppet.
    Among those failing to pass the public recognition test were politicians Jack Straw and David Davis. Scroll down for more...
    Red carpet darlings: Helen Mirren, Kate Winslet and Judi Dench enter the realm of make-believe

Party people: Jacqui Smith, Gordon Brown and Alistair Darling put their thinking caps on

As well as Bremner the characters will be voiced by comedians Lucy Porter and Katy Brand.
    Home secretary Jacqui Smith is likely to wince, as she is shown to have a massive bust that increases and decreases depending on the threat of terrorism.
    Gordon Brown is also portrayed as a penny-pincher, while Alistair Darling's catchphrase is "We're doomed"'.
    The PM is tricked into throwing a party by Tony Blair but only Winehouse and Pete Doherty show up after the Chancellor hands the invites to Revenues & Customs to send. Scroll down for more...
    Smooth operator: Tory leader David Cameron gets to the point

David Cameron is aided by his school-capped "squirt" George Osborne and William Hague, who knocks back 17 pints of bitter.

In true Spitting Image style there will also be songs like Old Mugabe had a Farm, about the tyrant's destruction of agriculture.
    Naylor said: "It is bold of ITV to commission a new satire in the Spitting Image slot with a high political content. When Spitting Image was at its peak there were great ideological divides.
    Scroll down for more...

"But surveys today show that most people can't recognise who is in the Cabinet. Part of our mission is to make politics accessible to people."

Spitting Image ran from 1984 to 1996 and included the voiced of comedians such as Steve Coogan, Harry Enfield and Rory Bremner.
    The show's original producer John Lloyd previously claimed the new version would be a "pale shadow" of the original. Lloyd, who has previously worked on bringing the original show back to UK screens, claimed ITV lacked the "bravery" to make the show how it originally was.

Amy, Pete and the princes get a Spitting Image makeover for Rory Bremner show | the Daily Mail

Love the Kate Winslet!

Hit By Ban Bus!

This looks so cool, I hope it is another overseas hit the US steals for its own!

OMG, those are hilarious. Madonna is my fave, only in this
    incarnation. Dame Judi Dench is second.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Oh, my...

Pete Doherty reminds me a little of Paul McCartney... but Amy Winehouse is dead on. Madonna looks awesome, too.
    In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on.
    Robert Frost

OMG look at the Posh one, we just saw the trailer for this and laughed our heads off!

I love the Madonna one. Posh's tits: LOL

Rondette: Where is the trailer?

Posh's boobs!! Excellent. Love the Madonna one too. Actually most of them are quite good.

The Posh one is so spot on.

I didnt know Spitting Image was back - Fantastic

I also love the the Madonna one LOL!

The Madonna one is bloody fantastic, I can't wait to see this!!! Am I the only one who can't see Posh?
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Thread Information