Thread: Kelly Osbourne and Jack Osbourne talk addiction

Default Kelly Osbourne and Jack Osbourne talk addiction

Kelly & Jack Osbourne talk addition: Kelly started at 13, took 100 pills day

Jack and Kelly Osbourne on 10/21/07. Scroll down to see video of their interview
    Jack and Kelly Osbourne were on ABC’s “2020″ last night and talked about their battles with addiction. Jack, 22, says he’s been sober for 5 years and that he still struggles with urges to drink. Kelly, 23, wouldn’t specify how long she’s been sober after three stints in rehab, and says that as soon as she starts to count time that’s when the bad thoughts creep in, telling her it’s ok to get high again.
    Kelly was the one who did most of the talking and who seems to be still battling her demons. After watching this I have a lot more respect and sympathy for her. She was very candid about what she’s been through.
    Kelly’s early start: Vicodin at 13
    Kelly said that she first experimented with drugs at 13 and took Vicodin. She said it silenced all the self conscious thoughts in her head telling her she wasn’t good enough. All the negative coverage of her weight in the media fueled her drug use, she said.
    Kelly was usually high on “The Osbournes”
    Kelly said that a lot of the screaming and fights you saw on “The Osbournes” were due to all the drugs she was on at the time and that they really heightened her emotions. She said it made her bratty and selfish.
    Kelly took 100 pills a day; threw up blood
    Kelly admitted that her parents did find a bag of pills that she had with 500 pills in it before she went to rehab, and explained that, “my mom would come into my room every single night and I was throwing up blood, because the Tylenol in the Vicodin was wearing away at my stomach lining.”
    Kelly’s low point
    She said her low point was waking up to her mom pounding on her back trying to resuscitate her because she had stopped breathing. She had peed the bed and said “At 20 years old, to wake up, by your mother trying to resuscitate you in a bed of your own piss. That is mortifying.”
    Jack drank and smoked a lot of pot
    Jack said he drank to go along with the crowd and that he used to limit pot-smoking to weekends, but that he was doing it more and more and had no boundaries.
    Kelly told a story about how she found him throwing up on the floor and that’s when she realized he was “really f’ed up.”
    Jack said he had suicidal thoughts on a daily basis before suicide attempt
    After their mom Sharon was diagnosed with cancer, Jack said he struggled with depression and had suicidal thoughts “pretty much on a daily basis.”
    Jack attempted suicide with booze and prescription drugs, the narrator explains, and he said “I wasn’t happy when I was drunk or high and I wasn’t happy when I was sober.”
    Rehab worked for Jack, didn’t work at first for Kelly
    Jack went into rehab after his suicide attempt at 17 and it’s safe to say it worked for him as he says he hasn’t had a drink since.
    Kelly said that after she went into Promises rehab for the first time in 2004 she got high that night and that it didn’t help her. “All I did there was buy 30 days of time and learn tricks from other addicts. And get a massage, lay by a pool… I was out of there… that night I was high.”
    The narrator explains that Kelly’s third stint in rehab worked for her, and she said “It just clicked. You have to have that realization that you’re never going to win.”
    Kelly and Jack’s futures
    Both Kelly and Jack are living on their own now. Jack is hosting a reality show in Britain called “Adrenaline Junkies” that features people having adventures, and he said he wouldn’t be doing it if he were still drinking, and that “it’s taught me to live life to the fullest.”
    Kelly is hosting “Project Catwalk” in England, which is their version of “Project Runway.”

Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » Kelly & Jack Osbourne talk addition: Kelly started at 13, took 100 pills day
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Sure, and now both of them are sober and lead a productive life.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Good for them. I still wonder about Kelly, with the company she keeps.

That's a very, very good picture of Kelly upthread. If that's what she looks like clean, sober and healthy, it should be a big motivator to stay clean.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

i really like jack osbourne. i think he's a good apple.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I like the dress.
    I can't understand how she was eating 100 pills a day though... maybe 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    That's a very, very good picture of Kelly upthread. If that's what she looks like clean, sober and healthy, it should be a big motivator to stay clean.
    Yeah, really. Maybe the blunt cut hides her apple cheeks or something, thats the first time she's actually looked pretty good in my book.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

^She does look good in that pic. It's very confusing to me.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Well at least it confirms what everyone already knew, Promises is just a junkie resort.

I think Kelly looks great in that dress. Keep away from the skanks Kelly, it suits you.

It looks like Jack has gained back a bit of weight, doesn't it? I saw him in Australia at F1 and he looked a bit chunky again.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Thread Information