Thread: Baptist writer warns Christians that Oprah Winfrey is sending them to hell

Default Baptist writer warns Christians that Oprah Winfrey is sending them to hell

Baptist writer warns Christians that Oprah is sending them to hell

A Baptist website says that an e-mail going around that warns Christians of the dangers of paying attention to Oprah’s harmful new age doctrine through her promotion of “A Course in Miracles” is accurate. New Age guru Marianne Williamson wrote the book A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of A Course in Miracles, which is now being widely popularized by Oprah with visits by Williamson on her show and radio program. Author James A. Smith Sr. calls Oprah a “pied piper of heresies” and says “It’s time for Christians to just say no to the big O” or they’re going to hell.
    In America’s celebrity-driven culture, perhaps the most harmful “Pied Piper” of heresies leading millions astray is Oprah Winfrey. Her adoption of anti-biblical doctrine is on display every day this year through her satellite radio network channel “Oprah & Friends.” It’s time for Christians to “just say no” to the big “O.”…
    Although New Agers rely upon many sources, ACIM is among the most popular. New Age guru Marianne Williamson is responsible for popularizing the work through her book, A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of A Course in Miracles, while Oprah is to be credited with launching Williamson’s career through her appearances on Winfrey’s talk show.
    And now, Williamson is one of the featured stars on the “Oprah & Friends” channel on XM Satellite Radio, reprising her role as advocate of ACIM through a year-long series on the course…
    Contrary to the Bible’s clear teaching that our guilt is the result of the fact that we truly are sinners, separated from God by our sin, and rightfully under God’s judgment for our sin, ACIM teaches that we must realize “all guilt is solely an invention of your mind” and in this realization is salvation.
    Warren Smith has helpfully summarized some of the other false doctrine of the course in the previously referenced article:
    “There is no sin.”
    “Do not make the pathetic error of ‘clinging to the old rugged cross.’”
    “The name of Jesus Christ as such is but a symbol…. It is a symbol that is safely used as a replacement for the many names of all the gods to which you pray.”
    “God is in everything I see.” [The Apostle] Peter’s warnings [against false teachers] are clearly applicable to Oprah, Williamson and A Course in Miracles for undermining the faith with a false gospel and counterfeit “Jesus,” which in the end bring no actual spiritual nourishment or relief. Tragically, these teachers are leading people straight to Hell.
    Christians should flee from Oprah and her cohorts and recommitment [sic] themselves to careful Bible study, in the context of a local body of believers with whom they have covenanted for mutual edification and accountability led by a faithful pastor. Of course, this isn’t as glamorous as Oprah—but neither is eternal punishment in Hell.
    [From FloridaBaptistWitness.com via National Enquirer, print edition, April 6, 2008]

Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » Baptist writer warns Christians that Oprah is sending them to hell
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Who has photoshop? I wanna see Oprah with horns, surrounded by flames!!!

Actually, I am an Oprah loving minority...but the pic would still be funny.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Elite Member

I don't need a Baptist writer to tell me not to listen to Oprah.

As much as it makes me want to vomit on myself, I'd listen to Orpah the intergalactic tv whale over any Baptist retard ANY DAY.

p.s. fuck you, baptists.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Why choose, fuck em all!

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    I don't need a Baptist writer to tell me not to listen to Oprah.
    Exactly.

On a sidenote, the Oprah Assassin Network will bury this baptist with a case of smoked ham right next to Jimmy Hoffa.

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

Who is more dangerous when crossed- Oprah or Scientologists?
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?” George Carlin

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^ I wouldn't want to cross either one of them.

My beef with Oprah is she puts her O on everything. The girls at her school have to wear clothes with the O on them. Every project she is involved with has to have her name, she probably pees on them first, marking her territory.

I've read her magazine a few times and I like the fact she talks openly about the spirit.. I don't know about all this new age stuff seems to me different religions are always busy putting each other down.

I don't like Tom Cruise or his scientology crap - one thing for sure each year old Tom acts weirder and weirder.. "there is no such thing as mental illness" um oh yes Tom there is

the crazy rarely know theyre crazy.. they think everyone else is... (suppressive persons)
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Exactly.

On a sidenote, the Oprah Assassin Network will bury this baptist with a case of smoked ham right next to Jimmy Hoffa.
    They're gonna have to bury him deep to get that suit to stay down.....and the tie.....the tie......

Hit By Ban Bus!

Ooooh, LUV that sweater!!

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Fuck that Baptist~~~But still, I get sick of the way Oprah tries to guide people to believing what she believes. Her little sheep of lonely housewives follow her every whim, and it has to stop now. She is not a dictator, she shouldn't use her power to make people believe what she does. Frankly, it's creepy.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Normos View Post
    Who has photoshop? I wanna see Oprah with horns, surrounded by flames!!!
    This is the best I can do until I sober up

Oh dear, that's quite good!
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Thread Information