Thread: Madonna will sing 'Like a Virgin' – for $30 million

Default Madonna will sing 'Like a Virgin' – for $30 million

Madonna Will Sing 'Like A Virgin' – For $30 Million

By Brian Orloff
    Originally posted Thursday March 27, 2008 04:20 PM EDT

Madonna and Justin Timberlake at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony Photo by: Kevin Mazur / WireImage

She may be heading out on tour in the fall – but don't expect to hear Madonna sing some of her biggest hits ever again.

"I'm not sure I can sing 'Holiday' or 'Like A Virgin' ever again," the singer tells New York's Z100-FM in an interview scheduled to air Friday. "I just can't – unless somebody paid me like $30 million or something. [Like if] some Russian guy wants me to come to the wedding he's going to have to a 17-year-old, you know it." (Listen to the full interview here.)

As she prepares to release her latest album, Hard Candy, on April 29, Madonna also opens up about the music business ("Playing live is not something that people focus on very much," she says) and why she gave Justin Timberlake that now-infamous B-12 shot in the rear end.

On Justin and the Shot: "First of all, I've seen enough butt ... The reason I gave him a B-12 [shot] is because we only had a certain amount of days in the studio and I didn't want him to use that as a lame-ass excuse not to come to work. Okay? It's got nothing to do with butt. I promise you. Listen, I don't need to give him a shot to see his butt. Duh."

On Britney Spears's New Record: "I actually love Britney Spears's new album ... I usually work out to her record. I do a combination of pilates and dance aerobics."

On Her Chances If She Were On American Idol: "I went to a lot of auditions for musical theater and conventional mainstream things – and I always got cut immediately. So I'm pretty sure the same thing would happen to me."

Madonna Will Sing 'Like A Virgin' – For $30 Million - Music News, Madonna : People.com
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Unfortunately, I love Holiday, so I guess I'll never go see her in concert. Pompous bitch.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

"I just can't – unless somebody paid me like $30 million or something. [Like if] some Russian guy wants me to come to the wedding he's going to have to a 17-year-old, you know it."

Nice stereotype, Madge.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

And why couldn't she sing those songs ever again?? Are they beneath her or something?

The only person that would pay Madonna $30 million to masturbate...I mean 'sing' would have to be dumb & tone deaf.

Yes, the very songs that got you where you are now, are beneath you. She's such a loser.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Unfortunately, I love Holiday, so I guess I'll never go see her in concert. Pompous bitch.

Fer real! Holiday is her best song!!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    "I just can't – unless somebody paid me like $30 million or something. [Like if] some Russian guy wants me to come to the wedding he's going to have to a 17-year-old, you know it."

Nice stereotype, Madge.
    I think its a backhanded swipe at X-Tina.

This week, Christina Aguilera was reportedly paid a staggering £580,000 to sing at a Russian billionaire's birthday bash. Suleiman Kerimov, who Forbes ranked one of the world's richest men, celebrated his 40th birthday in Moscow and wanted some top entertainment, so he bought the twenty five year old blonde for a night. Christina Aguilera Stays Dirrty in Moscow || Jaunted LONDON - Christina Aguilera, voted recently as the hottest diva around has decided to make some pocket money and no, she is not auctioning her nail polish. She turned a Wedding Singer for a night at the nuptials of Russian billionaire banker Andrei Melnichenko and former Miss Yugoslavia Aleksandra Kokotovic.

And what was her pay packet for performing three songs at the extravagant bash? A cool £2 million ($3.6 million). The Dirrty girl was treated like royalty and was flown to Antibes in the South of France in a swanky private jet with fiancé Jordan Bratman on Saturday. It seems she and her beau were put up in a posh hotel costing £2,000 a night. Whitney Houston, Julio Iglesias and his famous son Enrique Iglesias were the other performers at the glitzy do. One wedding guest told Sky News that her rendition of 'Beautiful,' moved everyone present to tears. "But no-one suspected how much she'd been paid - it's like winning the Lottery for her," the guest commented.
    Christina Aguilera’s Russian moolah

In all fairness, I can imagine getting sick of singing the same songs over and over again for 25 years.

At least that's two songs we don't have to subjected to her grinding lip synching. Anyway the only Holiday song that comes to mind is GreenDay's. Thankfully the 80's were a very comfortably numb period and I have forgotten most of her non-talent ass songs anyway.
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

Eli

It's just not right. She's a respectable children's author for God's sBHWAAAA-Hahahahah!
    I couldn't get through it! I'm sorry!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by WesCAdle View Post
    At least that's two songs we don't have to subjected to her grinding lip synching. Anyway the only Holiday song that comes to mind is GreenDay's. Thankfully the 80's were a very comfortably numb period and I have forgotten most of her non-talent ass songs anyway.
    Holiday is actually one of her only good songs!

Thread Information