Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E! Networks Ted Casablanca says Heath Ledger estate drama may rival Anna Nicole Smith

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default E! Networks Ted Casablanca says Heath Ledger estate drama may rival Anna Nicole Smith

Stalled Out
    Regarding the story of the drugged-to-death dude everybody seems to want me to drop? Yeah, like that's gonna happen. Only going to get worse, thanks to the hugely disrespectful money spat going on between Heath Ledger’s dad, Kim, and his brothers, who, 'course, have accused Heath’s dad of financial mismanagement. So cozy, so lovely. So here we go again: Had Heath had a more updated will (one that included daughter Matilda and her mama Michelle Williams), this wholly unpleasant battle of the Ledgers could have been avoided, altogether.But since H was more interested in going into bathroom stalls with Tara Reid than estate planning, guess we’ll now have the war of the Ledgers to look forward to. Really should be a reality TV show, shouldn’t it? I mean, forget Denise and Charlie, girlfriends, you haven’t witnessed fireworks before like the Aussie kind you’re about to see from Perth way: “They hate each other,” so informs my trusty Desk Down Under, regarding the personal biz between the Ledger bros.Which means, of course, due to the already established bad blood between these three elder Ledger lads, they’re just using Heath’s unfortunate demise, and the resulting will snafu, as an excuse to prolong their own agendas. How utterly self-centered.
    Kinda like Heath was, the poor addict.

Type your cut contents here.
    Posthumous P.S.: Since Kim’s made such an issue of how his granddaughter, Matilda, “will be taken care of,” why not just go ahead and hand the entire thing over to Matilda-love right now? In a trust fund, mind you. Be done with it. I’m just worried this is gonna be stretched out to Anna Nicole proportions. And this much is for sure, assures Desk Down Under: Heath would have hated how this is being handled so publicly. E! - The Awful Truth - Destiny's Doings - Heath Ledger | Michelle Williams | Tara Reid | Denise Richards | Charlie Sheen | Anna Nicole Smith | Phil Mcgraw | Nicole Kidman | O J Simpson | Lindsay Lohan | Britney Spears | David Spade | Javier Bardem |

Elite Member

Not surprised - that stuff happens all the time. Dumb ass for not having his shit together, but he has a child so doesn't NY law require it all to go to her anyways?

Hit By Ban Bus!

Kim's brothers have nothing whatsoever to gain by speaking out. They have reason to worry-Kim was removed as executor of their dad's estate because of mismanagement-lot's of dough just disappeared.

This business of there only being 145k in assets is highly suspicious. How and where did Heath blow all those millions he made? Kim better have a good explanation for that paltry amount.

Michelle needs to get an advocate for Mathilda NOW, before any more money and/or property disappears for good. No court in the world would rule against Heath's own child inheriting the whole thing. She's entitled to it. Just like Anna's baby, who wasn't in her will, either.

Hit By Ban Bus!

145 k will hardly pay for attorneys. Hopefully Michelle will be a highly paid actress for years to come...

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    Kim's brothers have nothing whatsoever to gain by speaking out. They have reason to worry-Kim was removed as executor of their dad's estate because of mismanagement-lot's of dough just disappeared.

This business of there only being 145k in assets is highly suspicious. How and where did Heath blow all those millions he made? Kim better have a good explanation for that paltry amount.

Michelle needs to get an advocate for Mathilda NOW, before any more money and/or property disappears for good. No court in the world would rule against Heath's own child inheriting the whole thing. She's entitled to it. Just like Anna's baby, who wasn't in her will, either.
    I believe it was 145k in New York assets only. I read he kept most of his elsewhere to avoid high taxes in the US, mostly Australia.

I think Michelle will take care of Matilda financially just fine on her own.

Heath sold his Sydney house for 7 million AUS dollars a few years ago so he should have waaay more that the amount that is being quoted.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

ted, no one cares.

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeStudent View Post
    I believe it was 145k in New York assets only. I read he kept most of his elsewhere to avoid high taxes in the US, mostly Australia.
    Now THAT pisses me off. Maybe karma does work......

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ a lot of celebrities do that! why do you think johnny depp lives in france!

......I don't know if karma works in France......

Eh..at this point it seems to be much ado about nothing. I don't think Heath's uncles were named in the will, they were just speaking out against their brother and his mismanagement of another estate. Ok, there's bad blood in the family, so what?

It seems to me that since Heath had a child after this will was executed, that things need to go through proper legal channels and a guardian will file a claim on Matilda's behalf. It's not like money is disbursed as soon as someone dies. Even in a simple case, it probably takes a year.

Off topic completely: Wasn't Ted supposedly leaving E! like a year ago? What the hell happened with that? Wasn't he all pissed off about how they were treating him and blah blah blah??

Hit By Ban Bus!

It does not matter where his assets are. The executor of the estate has a legal obligation to declare ALL assets in the court of jurisdiction. This has obviously not been done.

Michelle may be more than capable of raising her daughter in luxury, but her daughter has a moral right to be the main beneficiary of her father's success, not his parents. And think about this: What about all future income, from residuals to the use of his image? This could be a huge source of income and Matilda needs to be declared the rightful heir. Do you want your parents to inherit your assets at the expense of your children?

There's no good excuse for him not having an updated will with his child included in it. He was a very talented actor, but irresponsible as a person.

He could have avoided all of this, but no...this entire mess is a direct result of the stupid choices he made in life.

Prat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information