Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Phillippe braved a grilling from Howard Stern

Default Ryan Phillippe braved a grilling from Howard Stern

Ryan Phillippe braved a grilling from Howard Stern -- and emerged the better for it. The oft-reserved-seeming actor showed off his more easygoing side during a March 20 sit-down with the King of All Media, talking candidly about ex-wife Reese Witherspoon and his post-divorce dating life.
    Phillippe, 33, who is currently making the promotional rounds for the war drama "Stop-Loss," labeled his 2006 split from the actress a "mutual, collective" decision, pointing out that they were young when they settled down and started a family (daughter Ava is 7; son Deacon is 4).
    "Leading up to it, we had been spending so much time apart," he said of their breakup. "That's a huge part of it, too. There are so many obstacles."
    Like her Oscar and reported $20 million-per-movie paycheck?
    "People would always try to paint that picture, but I'm not competitive," asserted Ryan, who called his former spouse's success "awesome." "I do just fine. I'm not making what she is, but it's OK."
    Jake Gyllenhaal and Reese Witherspoon in Brentwood, Calif., on Feb. 29

And despite tabloid reports to the contrary, the easy-on-the-eyes star (and self-confessed Stern fan since the age of 13) insists he's supportive of Reese's yearlong romance with his former workout partner, Jake Gyllenhaal.
    "He's a good dude," Phillippe pronounced. "I think it's super. Honestly, I love her and I want her to be happy, and it seems like she is and that's the truth ... I have no jealousy or anything like that."
    As for the rumors blaming his marital meltdown on his closeness with his "Stop-Loss" co-star Abbie Cornish (the romance rumblings heated up again late last year, and the two were reportedly spied locking lips last month), Phillippe was a little less forthcoming.
    "That's what they say," he sidestepped. "It's funny to me. A story gets told and then it becomes truth to everyone else. And unless you hold some kind of bizarre press conference where you refute everything ... they take on a life of their own."
    Not that he's been living like a monk since regaining his single status.
    Ryan conceded that he's "experienced some women after my divorce, but none of them were really famous."
    Stern then asked about several of his alleged post-divorce hookups, all of which the blushing actor denied.
    Britney Spears? "Not true."
    Ashlee Simpson? "Again, not true. I stood next to her [at a club in Los Angeles ...]."
    He also denied whispers linking him to Lindsay Lohan, although he didn't kick up much of a fuss when Stern posited, "I know [she] wanted you."
    Phillippe did reveal how his long ago attempts to woo his "I Know What You Did Last Summer" co-star Jennifer Love Hewitt were thwarted by her eagle-eyed mom.
    "She was very young and her mother was there all the time ..." he recalled, "but I was in a hot tub with her when she was 18."
    Later, Stern wondered whether Ryan would ever consider getting hitched again. His hopeful response: "I would imagine someday, yeah."
    While Phillippe was getting personal with Stern, Witherspoon was reenacting a real-life version of "Babe" with their tykes -- and more than likely turning them off bacon and other pork-based products for life. Late last week, the trio ventured out to a farm in Vincent, Calif., where paparazzi snapped them snuggling with some too-cute-for-a-sty piglets. Word is the family took home one of the petite porkers.
    MSN Entertainment - Hot Gossip
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

I heard this interview. He still comes off as a bit of a douche, but perhaps not as bad as I thought before I heard it
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

I saw him on Leno. He was very uncomfortable and threatened to leave when the jokes got to be too much. He seemed serious but tried to cover it with a smile. Lisa Lampenellis ripped in to him quite a bit....all gay comments which is interesting.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Leave Ryan alone!!!!!!!!!

Gyllenhaal looks like a complete goober in that pic.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    Heee, I like Toothy, but now that you mention it, he does look pretty goobertastic there, doesn't he.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    ....all gay comments which is interesting.
    Really? That does sound interesting! Wonder if it's on YouTube somewhere...

I still think he's hawt

"It's funny to me. A story gets told and then it becomes truth to everyone else. And unless you hold some kind of bizarre press conference where you refute everything ... they take on a life of their own."
    this is actually true, we've all experienced it here with the lilo sex tape.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

I don't get it, isn't the break up OLD news? Move on. And I'm sorry but Jake and Reese are not fucking.

I heard this.He did seem less douchey,but,eh,methinks still a cheat.
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    Yes, he does, but he's just hanging and goofing around with his pal, Reese, so it's okay.

This Jake and Reese charade has been going on for a year?????

Really????

Hit By Ban Bus!

In time people will give him a pass, they always do. Heck people have almost forgotten Julia Roberts and her ho down for Danny Spermoder.

He was cheating and worse than that every time I ever see him in a interview he always talks about how she is more successful than he is but "hey I don't mind" If you don't mind then why bring it up... all the time?!

He's a puss, a whinning puss. If we are keeping score cards Jake's a much better actor than Ryan and since I'm not banging either one of them thats all I care about.

I haven't forgotten about Julia being a brazen ho bag and her hubby a scum. Pushing out his rug rats doesn't absolve her. She's getting a little long in the tooth now too. Maybe she'll be smart like Melanie Griffith and follow him around like a hawk. Who's to say he won't meet some younger, hotter actress and start banging her? She actually probably has way more reason to worry about this than Melanie Griffith does, ironically.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information