Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Barack Obama related to Brad Pitt, Hillary Clinton a cousin of Angelina Jolie

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Barack Obama related to Brad Pitt, Hillary Clinton a cousin of Angelina Jolie

Obama related to Pitt, Clinton to Jolie
    This could make for one odd family reunion: Barack Obama is a distant cousin of actor Brad Pitt, and Hillary Rodham Clinton is related to Pitt's girlfriend, Angelina Jolie.

Researchers at the New England Historic Genealogical Society found some remarkable family connections for the three presidential candidates Democratic rivals Obama and Clinton, and Republican John McCain.

Clinton, who is of French-Canadian descent on her mother's side, is also a distant cousin of singers Madonna, Celine Dion and Alanis Morissette. Obama, the son of a white woman from Kansas and a black man from Kenya, can call six U.S. presidents, including George W. Bush, his cousins. McCain is a sixth cousin of first lady Laura Bush.

Genealogist Christopher Child said that while the candidates often focus on pointing out differences between them, their ancestry shows they are more alike than they think.

"It shows that lots of different people can be related, people you wouldn't necessarily expect," Child said.

Obama has a prolific presidential lineage that features Democrats and Republicans. His distant cousins include President George W. Bush and his father, George H.W. Bush, Gerald Ford, Lyndon Johnson, Harry S. Truman and James Madison. Other Obama cousins include Vice President Dick Cheney, British Prime Minister Sir Winston Churchill and Civil War General Robert E. Lee.

"His kinships are across the political spectrum," Child said.

Child has spent the last three years tracing the candidates' genealogy, along with senior research scholar Gary Boyd Roberts, author of the 1989 book, "Ancestors of American Presidents."

Clinton's distant cousins include beatnik author Jack Kerouac and Camilla Parker-Bowles, wife of Prince Charles of England.

McCain's ancestry was more difficult to trace because records on his relatives were not as complete as records for the families of Obama and Clinton, Child said.

Obama and President Bush are 10th cousins, once removed, linked by Samuel Hinkley of Cape Cod, who died in 1662.

Pitt and Obama are ninth cousins, linked by Edwin Hickman, who died in Virginia in 1769.

Clinton and Jolie are ninth cousins, twice removed, both related to Jean Cusson who died in St. Sulpice, Quebec, in 1718.

The New England Historic Genealogical Society, founded in 1845, is the oldest and largest nonprofit genealogical organization in the country.

source

I would pay to see that family reunion.

that's one hell of a family tree
    When you need to escape from work check out http://www.escapework.net

Talking Brad Pitt related to Barack Obama, Angelina Jolie to Hillary Clinton

Brad Pitt Related to Barack Obama, Angelina Jolie to Hillary Clinton
    Tuesday March 25, 2008

Steve Granitz/WireImage.com; SAUL LOEB/AFP/Getty Images
    Jonathan Ferrey/Getty Images; Steve Grantiz/WireImage.com

Presidential candidates don't just have star supporters they have celebrity cousins!
    Researchers at the New England Historic Genealogical Society discovered that Barack Obama is distant cousins with Brad Pitt and Hillary Clinton is related to Angelina Jolie, Madonna, Alanis Morissette, and Celine Dion.
    Obama is also distantly related to six presidents, including George W. Bush.
    Pitt and Obama are ninth cousins, linked by Edwin Hickman, who died in Virginia in 1769, the researchers found.
    Clinton and Jolie, meanwhile, are ninth cousins, twice removed because they are both related to Jean Cusson who died in St. Sulpice, Quebec, in 1718.

Usmagazine.com | Brad Pitt Related to Barack Obama, Angelina Jolie to Hillary Clinton
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

The Angelina's related to Clinton thing originally came out a few months ago. The Obama's related to Brad thing just sounds silly.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.v View Post
    Hillary Clinton is related to Angelina Jolie, Madonna, Alanis Morissette, and Celine Dion.
    She must have French-Canadian ancestors as Angelina, Madonna and Celine have some French-Canadian background...Shit, does that mean we're all cross-bred over here and I may be related to Hillary too?
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

Quote Originally Posted by Mariesoleil View Post
    She must have French-Canadian ancestors as Angelina, Madonna and Celine have some French-Canadian background...Shit, does that mean we're all cross-bred over here and I may be related to Hillary too?

Not mention Alanis Morissette is Canadian, aswell. Though I don't think she's French-Canadian.

Strange, indeed. Maybe I'm related to Hillary, too. That'd explain all the crazy

^^ Just googled Alanis and her father was French-Canadian

ETA I like your avatar Nicole
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

Hit By Ban Bus!

From the AP article:

McCain's ancestry was more difficult to trace because records on his relatives were not as complete as records for the families of Obama and Clinton, Child said.
    Link

I call bullshit on that one. McCains father and grandfather were Admiral's in the Navy, for cripes sake. Those kind of high muckety-mucks are obsessed with lineage. He must be related to someone shameful, maybe Clay Aiken.

If you trace back far enough, we are all related at some point down the line. Must be a slow news day...

Silver Member

If anyone has ever done a family tree on your maternal and paternal sides, as I have, you would be surprised who some of your cousins are. I certainly was...LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Trillion42 View Post
    If you trace back far enough, we are all related at some point down the line. Must be a slow news day...

Yea I think we all came from a common ancestor in Africa.

Obama is also distantly related to six presidents, including George W. Bush.

THAT FUCKING SUCKS.
    Though if he is indeed related to six presidents (his mother's side of course) maybe its a lucky sign But no really, this might not be believable to me because well...the chances of Obama being distantly related to Pitt and Clinton being related to Jolie, who are married? Come on, thats too cool to be true. lol.

^^ Just googled Alanis and her father was French-Canadian

ETA I like your avatar Nicole
    Thanks. The funny thing is, I first discovered the picture when gas was about to hit $2.00, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Jane Doe View Post
    If anyone has ever done a family tree on your maternal and paternal sides, as I have, you would be surprised who some of your cousins are. I certainly was...LOL.
    We've only just managed to do ours as the majority of our family were from Krakow & didn't survive anything. However I am rather worried that my Oma was from Berchtesgaden.....
    Free Charmed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information