Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nicole Richie turns jewelry designer

Default Nicole Richie turns jewelry designer

Jeff Vespa/WireImage
    As if being a brand new mom wasn’t enough, Nicole Richie is adding jewelry designer to her resume! The star tells PEOPLE, “It’s all costume jewelry. I like to play with jewelry and mix and match.” Produced with the company Mouawad (who also does Heidi Klum’s fine jewelry collection), Richie is working with “this really talented woman named Shelley Gibbs. She’s an artist and she sketches everything.” And Richie makes sure to keep baby Harlow at the forefront of her priorites while working on the line. She explains to PEOPLE that “everyone’s been really mellow and able to work around my schedule. If I need to go feed the baby, I do it.” And as busy as she is, Richie’s not stopping at jewelry. We can look forward to her infant and children’s wear lines coming out later this year as well — we even hear whispers of a fragrance from Richie in the not-too-distant future. What does beau Joel Madden think of all of her new projects? He proudly tells PEOPLE, “She’s being modest” about all of her recent achievements.

Source : Nicole Richie Turns Jewelry Designer! - Off the Rack - StyleWatch - People.com

-----

Joel might think she has talent and everything, but i'll keep thinking she doesn't deserve anything that she's got. From the first second of fame she had when Lionel adopted her. (I still don't get why she has attention as her adoptive daughter and his biological children aren't known at all!) anyway, i will certainly not buy anything from her. she'll never get a penny from me.
    Hollywood is a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss and fifty cents for your soul.
    Marilyn Monroe

At least she seems to be doing something productive in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    At least she seems to be doing something productive in life.

Oh wait before saying she's doing something. She's still to the talking point. She's a good talker but not a good maker. It's like this Chicago production thing.
    Hollywood is a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss and fifty cents for your soul.
    Marilyn Monroe

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

^^True. For some reason I like this girl. She cracks me up.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

So Nicole is trying to show the world she knows how to do something with her life. She's already tired of only being a mom. This girl won't ever impress me. Sorry !

It seems like every clebs are stepping out with there own clothing line, fragrance, shoes line ... blablabla. They are a bunch of great designer who can do the job a lot better ! ( The only one I really admire is Gwen Stefani ! She has so much talent ! )
    Live - Laugh - Love

I wouldn't say doing something besides having her kid and then looking after it means she's tired of her baby already. By that kind of thinking I suppose anyone who goes back to work after having a kid is tired of being a mother. And Gwen Stefani is talented? Since when?

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Buttmunch, what i think that what kiwii wanted to say is that she's a mom since what now, 2 months and a half, and she's already out everywhere, doing what she was doing before and wants the world to think she's in love with her child just because she wears a necklace with the first letter of her name on it. Oh yeah she was staying home when Joel was there but now he's on tour and we see her out at Prada's party and out to lunch with her ana friend Mary-Kate Olsen. She's not a changed person just because she doesn't know that condoms exist.

-----

Britney looked like a good mom too when she gave birth of her first child... and look at her now.
    Marilyn Monroe

Personally, I think that she has changed. I totally get the maternal vibe from her. X-tina on the other hand seems like she is over being a mom. By the way X-tins has been out a hell of alot more than Nicole and no one seems to say squat. Before I had children I was a wild child, but since I have had children, (eight years ago) I have happily been a devoted mom and wife.
    Come on you guys, enough already. Let's ALL go and fuck ourselves for a few minutes and return to the thread refreshed and relaxed. Gossip Rocks poster A*O

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    I wouldn't say doing something besides having her kid and then looking after it means she's tired of her baby already. By that kind of thinking I suppose anyone who goes back to work after having a kid is tired of being a mother. And Gwen Stefani is talented? Since when?

I don't think anyone who goes back to work after having a child is tired of being a parent, but just before the birth of her daughter she was telling the whole world she wanted to be mom of the year.

Anyway you know, I'm only expresing my opinion and doing a little of bitching on celebrities. And yes, I truly think Gwen is talented.
    Live - Laugh - Love

yeah, but you're implying that to be mom of the year means she has to stop being a person.

Buttmunch, what i think that what kiwii wanted to say is that she's a mom since what now, 2 months and a half, and she's already out everywhere, doing what she was doing before and wants the world to think she's in love with her child just because she wears a necklace with the first letter of her name on it. Oh yeah she was staying home when Joel was there but now he's on tour and we see her out at Prada's party and out to lunch with her ana friend Mary-Kate Olsen. She's not a changed person just because she doesn't know that condoms exist.
    I kind of get what you're saying but I don't think going out to lunch or going to a party after you have a kid means you're not into your kid. people sit around and say that 'kids these days' have such a huge sense of entitlement. I say if you get on with your life and make your kids part of it they'd be bettr off. I went to a party two weeks after giving birth, had a blast and was damn glad I did it. I also went to dinner and lunch somewhat regularly. It kept me sane and reminded me that I was not just a mother but also a person.

--Sinclair Lewis

Gold Member

I don't see how going out makes someone a bad mom? Doesn't seem to me she's been out much unless they're candids out shopping and lunch.

I'm curious to see what she is going to design... I have a feeling it's gonna be good stuff.
    Three reasons to be teacher: June, July, August.

her affiliation with paris always makes me question her

cause how can you be friends with THAT

well, i can see that after all, even though everybody said that they wouldn't change their mind about her even though she would become a mother, they all did. im not gonna get fooled by her fugly smile.
    Marilyn Monroe

i say good for her for starting up a business like this. i know after my kids were born, i was going stir crazy all of the time, being home. i did go out at times, i just didnt have the stalkerazzi documenting my every move.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information