Thread: Selena Gomez turns down High School Musical 3 for more serious dramatic roles

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Selena Gomez turns down High School Musical 3 for more serious dramatic roles

Selena Gomez Turned DOWN Starring Role In High School Musical 3 To Pursue More 'Serious' Projects

Waverly Place darling Selena Gomez isn't interested in short-lived teen stardom, she wants to be taken seriously as an actress. Recently, she turned down the chance to star in High School Musical 3, to pursue more 'serious' projects. Selena told the New York Daily News:
    "High School Musical 3 is cute, and I think it would be a great opportunity for someone else. But I passed on it because I didn’t want to do it. I plan to take other roles in acting that are challenging for me. After Disney, I want to be taken seriously as an actress for many years."
    Selena, who stars in 'Another Cinderella Story,' opening April 4, claims the film is 'not the sequel to the first one'. Referring to 'A Cinderella Story' starring Hilary Duff. In this new Cinderella, Selena plays hip hop and tango dancer Mary Santiago. She spilled:
    "At a ball, I meet a guy and we fall in love during a dance. Instead of dropping my glass slipper, I drop my MP3 player."
    omFg genius!

Source oceanUP

Gold Member

Her mp3? Her f&cking mp3? God, I hate this generation with a passion. All these damn teeny poppers trying to be "stars" need to go away.

Who?? Bad choice honey...get the money while you can!
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

Hit By Ban Bus!

She looks about 12 in that picture.

Selena really knows how to pick quality films. Another Cinderella Story sounds like a powerful and intellectually stimulating movie that will definitely be taken seriously by industry professionals and the viewing public. It's a good thing she realized she was too good for High School Musical so that she didn't lose the opportunity to be a part of such fine works of art.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    Selena really knows how to pick quality films. Another Cinderella Story sounds like a powerful and intellectually stimulating movie that will definitely be taken seriously by industry professionals and the viewing public. It's a good thing she realized she was too good for High School Musical so that she didn't lose the opportunity to be a part of such fine works of art.
    'I want to do more serious dramatic roles'=she was picked over for Ali Lohan in auditions
    Last edited by ingi; March 25th, 2008 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ingi View Post
    "At a ball, I meet a guy and we fall in love during a dance. Instead of dropping my glass slipper, I drop my MP3 player."
    omFg genius!
    Wait...why would you even take your Mp3 player to the ball in the first place?.......i thought the whole point of a ball is to dance to the music that the DJ/band plays . At least the glass slipper story actually made sense.

Typical teeny-bopper nonsense

Ok really, who is this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Thread Information