Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hulk Hogan is sued over his son's car crash

Default Hulk Hogan is sued over his son's car crash

Hulk Hogan Is Sued Over His Son's Car Crash

CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) - Hulk Hogan is being sued by the man who was critically injured in a car crash involving the wrestler's son. John Graziano's attorneys filed a lawsuit Monday in Clearwater against Hogan, whose real name is Terry Bollea. The lawsuit says he and his estranged wife, Linda, are liable as the parents of 17-year-old Nick Bollea.
    Graziano was a passenger in Nick Bollea's Toyota Supra when Bollea lost control and crashed into a tree on a downtown Clearwater street Aug. 26. Lawyers say the Iraq war veteran - who wasn't wearing a seat belt - was left in a semiconscious state and will require care for the rest of his life. An attorney says millions of dollars will be sought.
    Nick Bollea is facing a criminal charge of reckless driving involving serious bodily injury.

Hulk Hogan Is Sued Over His Son's Car Crash - Starpulse Entertainment News Blog
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

What's the basis for this? I mean, obviously, he's the one with the MONEY, but legal basis? He wasn't driving, wasn't even present, and his son is a legal adult.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

I always get mad when families of children who were injured/killed after not wearing a seatbelt start pointing fingers at everyone else.

When it comes down to it, their child CHOSE to ride in that car without a seatbelt on (and, in Nick's case, with a reckless driver). A lot of times in these situations, the most severe injuries sustained are a direct result of the decision not to wear a seatbelt- brain damage from the head hitting the windshield, extreme trauma or paralysis from being thrown from the vehicle, etc.

I agree with states that enforce contributory negligence laws- basically laws which state that if you were in any way at fault for your injuries (or if the injuries you sustained could be in any way attributed to your own stupidity or indiscretion), you get nothing if you sue someone over it.

They should sue this guy for busting the windshield when he flew out. He didn't have on a seatbelt, he has no one to blame but himself for that.

Gee,I never saw this coming.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Hulk shouldn't be sued. Nick was a dumbass for driving like an idiot and taking part in turning his friend into a vegetable...along with Johns own stupidity.
    I understand the family's plight but this is not the way to deal with it. Sure there is injustice.
    If anything, I don't see why Nick is still allowed to drive...and compete in racing of all things. That dosn't sound right to me.

I believe Hulk Hogan owned the vehicle and his son was a minor when the accident occurred. So, I assume that's the legal basis.

Not many states follow the contributory negligence rules anymore, but I'm pretty sure comparative negligence will apply here. Any judgment should be reduced by the victim's own percentage of fault.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Nick's reckless driving was in no way affected by the passenger not wearing a seatbelt; the accident would have happened regardless and Nick is/was a minor, correct?
    If an attorney can get expert witnesses testify that the passenger would have sustained serious injuries with or without a seat belt then there is some compensation that needs to be awarded to cover some medical costs.

if they want any sort of payout they have four major hurdles to overcome. one being if nick was intoxicated why would his 22 year old friend get in? two the whole seat belt ordeal. three, nick should counter-sue for the cost of windshield. lastly, it's going to be tough to get eyewitness accounts from a vegetable.

I thought "sins of the father" and vice versa laws were prohibited in the states?
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Parents are found liable all the time for the actions of their children.

^ meh, not hysterically funny, no, but a valid point. Couldn't someone counter sue the idiot son for not wearing a safety belt in the vehicle, thereby endangerings Hogan's son? What if the kid flew around the car, bashing into the other kid instead of going through the window?

What if? He didn't; if he had maybe Nick could be a vegetable with his friend.

^fair enough, but the Hulk wasn't there either and is in no way responsible for the dumb things his son and son's best friend got up to, ESPECIALLY at the age of 17.

Another unfortunate case of the spoiled child getting away with it, and the parent get's a slap on the wrist... Nick's an adult, otherwise he's pretty damned close to it, HE was the one drivingthe car, HE should be held responsible!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information