Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Madonna and Guy Richie go to a Kabbalah fancy dress party

Default Madonna and Guy Richie go to a Kabbalah fancy dress party

As a legend in her own right perhaps Madonna wanted to draw comparisons with France's most famous singer.

The Queen of Pop chose to recreate the smoky look of tragic jazz singer Edith Piaf for a Kabbalah fancy dress party.

Dripping in diamonds and shrouded in a fur stole the 49 year-old singer's sophisticated look was in stark contrast to that chosen by her husband.
    Scroll down for more...
    Fancy, indeed: Madonna dressed up as tragic jazz singer Edith Piaf for a Kabbalah party over the weekend

Read more...

Guy Ritchie, 39, opted to dress as cartoon character Asterix - donning a shapeless white tunic, platinum blonde plaits and a Viking helmet with horns.

The annual party to celebrate the Jewish festival of Purim has become a fixture in the Ritchie's calendar.

But while Madonna makes every effort to wear flattering sexy outfits - last year she wore a 1920s flapper outfit and in 2006 she dressed as a French maid - her husband appears to take the process of dressing up less seriously.

In 2007 he wore a 1970s Village People-style police officer ensemble complete with sunglasses and big moustache to a party at the Kabbalah centre in LA.
    Scroll down for more...
    Blond ambition: Guy Richie arrived as cartoon character Asterix

The year before he wore a costume of Native American Indian dress.

Madonna has an affinity with Edith Piaf and in 2000 it was reported that she was considering an offer to play the performer on the West End stage.

Piaf's story came to renewed prominence this year due to the Oscar-winning French film of her life, La Vie en Rose.

Mr and Mrs Ritchie have toned down their outfits since their first Purim outing in 2005.

They raised eyebrows when they attended dressed as a nun - Madonna is a lapsed Catholic - and the Pope.

The festival of Purim celebrates the foiling of an ancient plot to kill Jews in Persia led by Queen Esther.

The tradition of fancy dress is symbolic of the reversal of fate and of Esther's concealed Jewish heritage.

Madonna's herself adopted the Hebrew name Esther in 2005.

She said at the time: "I wanted to attach myself to the energy of a new name."

The singer has become a devoted follower of the Kabbalah religion over the years.

Last year she donated £1.5million to set up a Kabbalah centre in Malawi, the country from where she adopted toddler David Banda in 2006.

Ritchie entered into the spirit of the festival on Thursday night despite reports that he resents his wife's devotion to the sect, which has been criticised for promising happiness to wealthy donors.

Madonna is the highest profile celebrity to follow Kabbalah which is an offshoot of Judaism.
    Following her lead are celebrities such as Britney Spears, Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher and Melinda Messenger who have all become devotees of the Kabbalah faith.

Fancy dress the Madonna and Guy way: A smoky sophisticated Edith Piaf and.... Asterix | the Daily Mail

Silver Member

christ she looks like my grandma in that picture! Well when my grandma was still alive but hell, she was in her 70's!!

what a bunch of tools.
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Party of the rich and bored.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Looks like the Vadginal rItchie is attempting to revive her acting career by imitating an Oscar winning performance to show how she is perfect for this part. She is NOT Marion Cotilliard yet alone Edith Piaf! She "spread" herself everywhere to get the Evita part so I'm sure she'll go to any "lengths" to get this one too. Maybe she finally gets that her music career is post mortem and there are more critics than fans. Her latest Celine Dion spectacle shows smell like a last hurrah. (fingers crossed) Anyone else think it's funny how the costumes Guy wears to these Kababllah events sort of remind you of some Village People member? And if this campaign fails we can always look forward to "Sex II - A Bitchie and Her Balls" for your "reading" (viewing) pleasure??
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

She does look old...wow.

smf

looks like a bruise on her eye ,again

does guy smack her about?
    When you need to escape from work check out http://www.escapework.net

Elite Member

She is hideous - inside and out.

Put on that show of togetherness, Madge. No one's buying it though.

Quote Originally Posted by wingnut View Post
    christ she looks like my grandma in that picture! Well when my grandma was still alive but hell, she was in her 70's!!
    I thought this too! A grandma from the 1950's!
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I can't believe they call her a legend. She's an over-rated pop singer with a severe superiority complex. And she could never play Edith Piaf...she'd have to be able to sing to do that.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Saving face much?

kabbalah.....

A few years back, the S.O. and I stayed for a few days at the Diplomat Hotel in Florida over the Easter/Passover holiday, there was a kabbalah gathering going on there. Demi Moore and a large group of fellow assholes running around the resort all dressed in white, drinking $25 bottles of kabbalah water, holding seminars on ridiculous topics, wearing red strings, singing in groups. We had no idea it would be happening when we booked, but we had a fantastic time mocking the culties.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

^^Mocking the self-important and ridiculous is one of my favourite pastimes, lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information