Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the business of Britney Spears in a recession?

Default Is the business of Britney Spears in a recession?

Britney Spears' second release from the psych ward was a gold mine for the paparazzi.

Between tabloids, her recording career and her life in general, the revenue generated from all things Britney brought in up to $120 million in the past year. But now that Britney is staying home, is the business of Britney in a recession?

"Since her father has her under his control, we certainly haven't seen the number of photos that we used to see coming in of Britney," X-17 co-owner Brandy Navarre told Access Hollywood. "The subject of the photo is just not as interesting as it once was, so the prices do go down."

Click here to see Britney, the way she was

X-17 saw a 10 percent increase in overall profits with the help of exclusive photos like bald Britney, which made them a half-million dollars.

Now, with the pop star's recent cleaned-up behavior, the amount of Britney pictures are way down - from more than 1,000 a day to a couple hundred, forcing the photo agency to change focus.

"It's a different game now," Navarre explained. "It's a different challenge. We're moving on to other celebrities like Brad [Pitt] and Angelina [Jolie and] Jamie Lynn Spears. We've moved on to Britney's sister."

Needles to say, Britney has shifted in priority.

"We had as many as maybe10 photographers chasing after her. Now we have probably three or four photographers working on her at any given time," she said.

And Spears' gated community is empty these days. The main road once littered with paparazzi is a much different scene now that Britney's dad, Jamie, has taken charge.

"After he took over the conservatorship, it got really, really slow for us," Britney's trusted paparazzo friend Felipe said.

He was scheduled to follow Britney daily, from 4 PM to 4 AM, but has since undergone a dramatic shift change.

"She's not going out at night as much as she used to … you know I started working the daytime between 11 AM to 11 PM," he said.

OK! magazine features editor Rob Chilton has noticed the change in his magazine's focus, as well.

"There are fewer shots now of Britney doing crazy things," Chilton told Access. "Now we're seeing a more stable, more calm Britney so there are less shocking stories about Britney these days."

As for Us Weekly, Britney was only on the cover once in the last six weeks, a far cry from last September through mid-February. Then, around the time of her custody battle and hospitalizations, Britney was Us Weekly's hot topic in 23 out of 24 issues.

And with no Britney scandal to report, this week's tabs feature Britney-free covers.

But there is proof that Spears still sells. TV Guide put "Tudors" star Jonathan Rhys-Meyers on the cover of the new issue mailed to subscribers, but chose to put Britney on the cover of the issue available on newsstands in an attempt to boost sales.

"People want to read about Britney," Chilton said. "There is still that fascination with her whether it's good or bad."

source: Is The Business Of Britney In A Recession? - omg! news on Yahoo!
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Gold Member

Yup. She's kept the crazy in check for longer than I thought she could.

who cares? She shouldn't have been blowing her money on car after car after car after frappe after car after car. You get my point.

I'm too busy worrying about my cost to live rising to give 2 fucks about her stupid ass. Fuck her.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Authority View Post
    I'm too busy worrying about my cost to live rising to give 2 fucks about her stupid ass. Fuck her.
    Exactly.

what a shame that business is slow for her stalkerazzi type peeps.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

She's getting a little old to be a pop star. Needs to transition into something else. Every Jessica Simpson got the hint

Quote Originally Posted by cheetopia View Post
    She's getting a little old to be a pop star. Needs to transition into something else. Every Jessica Simpson got the hint
    That's asking her to mature. Which would be in her best interest and nice for everybody. But I think for her, that's like asking for a total personality change from someone who thinks she's fine the way she is. It's unrealistic to expect her to truly change.

Her dad can't control her life forever. She'll be back to doing dumb shit again, it's just a matter of time. And remember how pissed off she got after they forced her into rehab? How do you think she'll feel about this when it's finally over?

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Her trusted pap friend, Felipe? OH geez... try convincing her fantards that she has nothing to do with being "stalked" by the paps. :rolls eyes:

This is just proof that all the complaints about how the paps made her life hell was just bullshit. All it took to stop the "feeding frenzy" was for her to actually stay the fuck home once in awhile and stop doing crazy shit. Too bad she didn't do that to actually, you know, raise her kids instead of because she's grounded by daddy.

I'm surprised there hasn't been any crazy Britney antics for a while now. She's doing better than I thought she would.

Am i supposed to feel sorry for crazy-ass Britney and her pap buddies? I've got more important things to worry about.

Now if he can get the cheetos out of her hand and plop her ass on a tread mill...
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Awww, poor x-17 et al. Next thing ya know, they'll be roaming the streets of LA carrying signs... "Will Pap for Food."

Hit By Ban Bus!

Like I'm supposed to feel sorry for these parasites?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information