Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sarah Jessica Parker demands only she be featured in Sex and the City promotions

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Sarah Jessica Parker demands only she be featured in Sex and the City promotions

Sarah Jessica Parker “Sex And The City: The Movie” Promotional Demands

Kim Cattrell might be in for a little competition for her title of Most Demanding SATC Cast Member. Sarah Jessica Parker may not be the only star of Sex And The City, but you’ll have a hard time telling her that. According to new whispers from the Rumor Mill, SJP has irritated film bosses with demands that she be the only star featured on promotional materials for the May 30th, 2008 film Sex And The City: The Movie.
    “She fought to have the movie poster feature only her,” Star Magazine writes.
    “They planned to sell luxury T-shirts and shoes to coincide with the movie’s release, but Sarah demanded that the merchandise be sold only through her Bitten line. This way, the focus will still be on Sarah and she’ll profit from the sales.” Sarah Jessica Parker “Sex And The City: The Movie” Promotional Demands

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Well, isn't she a demanding cunt.

Wow, that's self-centered of her. I wonder if it's true. She's already the biggest star anyway, why hog the spotlight further?

I even read an article that calculated how much each SATC actress earned in endorsement deals and the like and SJP blew them all out of the water. SJP made something like $20+ million, Kim Cattrall was second at around $10 million, then Kristin Davis and Cynthia Nixon at around $2-5 million each.

Talk about greedy if it's true.

Why, so it's not blatantly obvious that she's the ugly one of the group?
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Hit By Ban Bus!

I thought it was kind of funny that she's the only one featured on the one sheet. Get 'carried' away indeed. Her ego has gotten 'carried' away.

I don't believe this one. I could be wrong, but SJP doesn't strike me as the famewhore, egobitch type to demand this sort of thing.

I do think she's going to be the most featured one, because Carrie was the main character and the narrator of the show. She'll naturally be the one front and center.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I suspect this is true and it sucks. I loved SATC but the 'get carried away' tagline puts me off. There are 3 other stars of the show.

I found the article from Conde Nast's Portfolio magazine. SJP's made far more than even Candace Bushnell and producer Michael Patrick King!

Sex and the City: The Smackdown

by Megan Angelo April 2008 Issue
    It's been four years since HBO retired the popular series and Carrie, Big, and the rest of the crew had to audition in a post-S.A.T.C. world. Some have had more success than others.

Sarah Jessica Parker
    Market value: About $25 million
    Parker had the highest profile among the S.A.T.C. cast going into the series, and it has only risen from there. The deals started materializing while she was still playing Carrie Bradshaw, including a gig signed in 2000 to be the face of beauty company Garnier and a big contract with the Gap in 2004. (She was replaced by singer Joss Stone after three fashion seasons.) Along the way, Parker also signed on to make perfumes with Coty for what Ad Age estimated at $7 million annually, and to design clothes for retailer Steve & Barry's. Parker's representatives say she has earned more than $1 million per film project.

Kim Cattrall
    Market value: About $10 million
    Cattrall's most publicized marketing score was a deal to be the spokeswoman for Liz Claiborne's Spark Seduction perfume. The actress, who played the publicist Samantha, also got as much as $750,000 to promote a low-calorie Bacardi rum, about $300,000 for an overseas TV spot for Nissan, and another $300,000 for a Tetley tea commercial, according to ad-industry executives. Cattrall's two book advances, says one literary agent, earned her about $500,000 apiece. Producers say she got about $400,000 to make the HBO documentary Sexual Intelligence. Cattrall has done some stage work and acted in a few small foreign films. For her role in the 2005 Ice Princess, she earned about $600,000, say film-industry sources.

Kristin Davis
    Market value: About $4.5 million
    Davis' role as the prim Charlotte has translated mainly into mom gigs. She has been in a trio of kids' films—The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl, The Shaggy Dog, and Deck the Halls—with a per-film paycheck of about $600,000, according to sources in the film industry. On the marketing front, Davis snagged a spokeswoman deal with Maybelline; she also got about $600,000 for appearing in print ads for Weatherproof Garment Co. and about $1 million for co-starring in a 7Up campaign with Cynthia Nixon, says an ad executive.

Candace Bushnell
    Market value: About $3.25 million
    HBO reportedly paid next to nothing for the rights to Bushnell's book Sex and the City, but the writer received an advance of between $1 million and $3 million for her 2005 novel, Lipstick Jungle, says a literary agent. More recently, Bushnell sold NBC the rights to Lipstick Jungle for approximately $25,000 up front and $250,000 at the start of production, plus royalties, according to a producer.

Cynthia Nixon
    Market value: About $2.5 million
    Pre-S.A.T.C., Nixon, who played the lawyer Miranda, was primarily a stage actress. Post-S.A.T.C., she has largely stuck to artsy projects. Three notable ones are HBO's Warm Springs (in which she played Eleanor Roosevelt opposite Kenneth Branagh's F.D.R.), the 2004 TV movie Tanner on Tanner, and the indie flick Little Manhattan. Nixon probably earned less than $1 million total for those roles, estimates an entertainment-industry lawyer. For the 7Up spot she did with Davis in 2004, she made about $1 million, say advertising executives. In 2006, she starred in a $1 million campaign for the online grocer FreshDirect, as did film director Spike Lee.

Darren Star
    Market value: About $1.5 million
    The S.A.T.C. co-creator is still searching for his next big thing. His failed shows include Kitchen Confidential, Manchild, Miss Match, and Runaway. He has a deal with Sony Pictures Television that translates into more than $250,000 a pilot, according to a producer. His latest brainchild, Cashmere Mafia, on ABC, repeats the S.A.T.C. formula of following the lives of four female friends.

Michael Patrick King
    Market value: More than $250,000
    King was the executive producer of S.A.T.C. His publicist says his per-pilot fee is more than $250,000. He has attempted to launch just one series since 2004: The Comeback, for HBO, with Lisa Kudrow as a failed actress trying to revive her career. It lasted thirteen episodes.

Patricia Field
    Market value: About $1,000 a day
    Field's artful styling on S.A.T.C. helped her land jobs everywhere, from television shows like Hope & Faith to feature films like The Devil Wears Prada, with a daily fee of about $1,000, says a booking executive. She is now working on Cashmere Mafia, with former S.A.T.C. producer Darren Star.

The Supporting Men
    Market value: More than $19 million
    The clear winner is Chris Noth (Carrie's elusive lover Mr. Big), whose per-episode take as detective Mike Logan on Law & Order: Criminal Intent is in "the upper $300,000" range, his manager says. Not far behind is Kyle MacLachlan, who played Charlotte's first husband, Trey. MacLachlan now earns about $125,000 an episode as a dentist on Desperate Housewives, according to film-industry research estimates. Heartthrob Jason Lewis, who played Smith, Samantha's young boyfriend, has had a recurring role on ABC's Brothers & Sisters. John Corbett (Aidan) has been in several films, including Raising Helen. Comic Mario Cantone (Anthony) is the lone lad to have parlayed his S.A.T.C. gig into a promotional payday. His voice-over contract for hair-care line Sunsilk is probably worth as much as $200,000, says an ad executive.

If only SATC story lines had featured this kind of cattiness and bitchiness - 4 women who remain friends without trying to tear each other down?? Come on.

At least we can safely say that 'sex sells'.

If this is true then she's a bitch. But it doesn't sound all that true.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I don't believe this one. I could be wrong, but SJP doesn't strike me as the famewhore, egobitch type to demand this sort of thing.
    She has never struck me that way either, but I guess one never knows. I hope it's not true, because then I'd have to dislike her.

She's gone mad with power.

i've been calling bullshit a LOT here lately.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

I really hope this isn't true, because I desperately want to believe that there's 1 good celeb among the nasty, self-absorbed bitches, but the movie poster speaks for itself.

I'd like to think it's not true as well. However, if the featured poster is the one that's going to be used - where ARE the other ladies? SaTC wasn't just Carrie Bradshaw - it was an ensemble cast that made it work. Parker wouldn't have made it thru half a season alone without the rest of the story lines about the other people - so where are they? And in the last couple of seasons, Carrie morphed into a whiny bitch that grated on every nerve - during the last show, when Big tells her "You're the one", I wanted to send an emergency psychiatric team in to question his sanity and judgment.

Just askin'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information