Thread: Brooke Shields to have foot surgery

Default Brooke Shields to have foot surgery

Brooke Shields Shudders At The Thought Of Foot Surgery

Brooke Shields is preparing for a two-month sabbatical after painful foot surgery. The actress has been suffering from the hammer toe condition for years, but cannot put up with the pain anymore.
    She says, "Just walking, I'm in pain and when I work I have to wear high heels all the time. I'm gonna have them (feet) both done at the same time; there's no way I would go back and go through it twice."
    But the procedure comes with a two-month recuperating period, during which time she'll have to stay off her feet.
    Shields adds, "For two months it'll take the bones to heal (sic) and then I can be a dork and do scrapbooks of my kids."
    Shields was scheduled to have surgery on her feet on Wednesday, but postponed the operation to appear on The Late Show With David Letterman, who quipped, "Please come back when you can walk."

Brooke Shields Shudders At The Thought Of Foot Surgery - Starpulse Entertainment News Blog
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

hammer toe is usually caused by ill fitting shoes. surgery and recovery is painful. i'm betting she waited too long and thats why its come down to her getting surgery
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Elite Member

Ouch. I thought I remember her having foot surgery years ago as well -- when she was dating Andre Agassi. No clue why I remember something so obscure. I need a life

Does this mean Lipstick Jungle wasn't picked up or will it be during the shooting hiatus?

High heels are the worst things in the world for your feet. Period. My feet are literally deformed.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

^^ My aunt's been wearing high heels all her life, she's 50 now and her feet are really ugly...
    Still I'm jealous because I can't wear shoes with high heels, they make my feet hurt too much.
    No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world

Then you're normal. When high heels stop hurting your feet is when your feet have slowly contorted and deformed to become accustomed. I was so glad to be able to have a job wearing comfy shoes, but my feel still bother me now because of years of walking "on my toes" unless I have a shoe that's very wide across the top and won't run against the bunions I can't afford to take months off of work to have fixed. It makes it even more of a pain in the ass to find shoes when you have a small foot that's still narrow at the heel. Heels do even more damage for small-footed women women like me than women with larger (i.e. longer) feet. It's when you go back to wearing normal shoes that you'll notice the problems more, I'm figuring out.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

It must be a real pain to go through all that
    No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world

Gold Member

When I was a little girl, my Grandmother showed me her feet and told me NEVER to wear high heels all the time or this is what happens. Thanks, Grandmother. I love and miss you!

Thread Information