Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt gave $8 mil to charity

Default Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt gave $8 mil to charity

Angelina Jolie,
    Brad Pitt Gave $8 Mil to Charity in 2006
    Friday March 21, 2008

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt at the 2008 Film Independent's Spirit Awards on February 23, 2008 in Santa Monica, California.
    Todd Williamson/WireImage.com

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt don't just talk the talk: the couple forked over $8 million for their foundation in 2006, according to federal tax filings.
    Jolie, 32, and Pitt, 44, supplied their joint foundation with over $4 million each. Half of their contribution came from the sale of their baby photos.
    In 2006, the foundation donated about $2.4 million, including $1 million gifts to Doctors Without Borders (International Division) and the Global AIDS Alliance.
    The foundation's other donations include: $137,935 to the Namibia Red Cross Action Program (Jolie gave birth to Shiloh in Namibia); $100,000 to the Daniel Pearl Foundation (Jolie played the widow of the slain journalist in A Mighty Heart); and $100,000 to the Epidermolysis Bulloma Medical Research Foundation, which is supported by other A-listers including Jennifer Aniston and Courteney Cox.
    Pitt and Jolie, Us' Couple of the Year, have also backed the cause of rebuilding the gulf coast, where Pitt recently enlisted the aid of Bill Clinton for his Make It Right project.
    Meanwhile Aniston, Pitt's ex, will appear on the season finale of Oprah's Big Give.

Usmagazine.com | Angelina Jolie,Brad Pitt Gave $8 Mil to Charity in 2006
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Now someone should give extra money to them to fix their faces and choice of wardrobe. Everytime I see Brad in that outfit, I cringe and wanna barf.

Default (DELETE PLEASE & MERGE)Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie gave $8 Million to charity in 2006

News cameras have captured Brad Pitt building homes in New Orleans, and now federal tax filings for the Jolie Pitt Foundation have documented the good works that Brad and Angelina Jolie are doing behind the scenes.

All told, they gave more than $8 million in donations in 2006, with Pitt putting in $4,402,317, and Jolie donating $4,123,613, the Huffington Post reports, citing newly released federal tax filings. (These latest figures don't include 2007 in which, among other charitable efforts, Brad's Make It Right Foundation raised $5 million.)

In terms of dispensing their funds, according to records for 2006, the foundation handed out $2,367,935, including $1 million to both Doctors Without Borders (International Division) and to the Global AIDS Alliance.

Additional gifts included $137,935 to the Namibia Red Cross Action Program (their daughter Shiloh was born in the African country); $100,000 to the Daniel Pearl Foundation (the late journalist's widow, Marianne Pearl, was played by Jolie in A Mighty Heart); $100,000 to Global Green U.S.A. and to the Epidermolysis Bulloma Medical Research Foundation.

In addition, $20,000 went to an art park in Los Angeles, as did separate $5,000 donations to two orphanages that Jolie had visited.

More Good Works
    In terms of Pitt's work in Louisiana, Jolie's costar in the movie Wanted, Morgan Freeman, told PEOPLE Thursday at the Pathfinders to Peace Forum and Gala, "We were in contact with Brad about the situation in New Orleans" and he called Jolie "such a wonderful woman."

Said Freeman: "Aside from all that physical beauty, she's a real person."

source: Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie Gave $8 Mil to Charity - Good Deeds, Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt : People.com

WHOOPS, mods, please delete/merge! I did not see mrs.v's earlier thread. Sorry!!!
    Last edited by CherryDarling; March 21st, 2008 at 06:45 PM.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Despite what we say or think about them, it's obviously they both genuinely care for the welfare of people. Good for them.

I've never doubted that they genuinely cared -- at least they put their money where their mouths are, unlike so many other celebs.

The most generous people on the planet I'm sure

I am glad that people are benefiting from their generosity. I don't know why they feel the need to announce everytime they give to anything however glad for the people that receive from their donations.
    Last edited by viggofan; March 21st, 2008 at 06:56 PM.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Well, it's good see people put their money where their mouths are.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Child View Post
    The most generous people on the planet I'm sure
    I sincerely doubt they are the most generous people on the planet, but how many other celebs give $8 in one year to charity, apart from Oprah? Yeah, and she gets slammed for it, too. I'll never understand why it's so very terrible to do a good thing. Hell, most people who give away a lot of money insist that their NAMES be put on buildings and streets. That's kind of a constant reminder, isn't it? But then I guess they are terrible people, too.

I believe in giving credit where credit is due, no matter WHO is doing the giving. I also think anybody who gives anything, money or time or otherwise to help others, should be applauded. A new study was done recently that charted what happened when people were given $50 to do what they wanted with. Those who gave it away to someone in need reported being happier for longer.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    I sincerely doubt they are the most generous people on the planet, but how many other celebs give $8 in one year to charity, apart from Oprah? Yeah, and she gets slammed for it, too. I'll never understand why it's so very terrible to do a good thing. Hell, most people who give away a lot of money insist that their NAMES be put on buildings and streets. That's kind of a constant reminder, isn't it? But then I guess they are terrible people, too.

I believe in giving credit where credit is due, no matter WHO is doing the giving.
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with giving to charity. I applaude them for doing so but there are also many, many other famous people who give and you don't hear about it every single time them give. I am also a firm believer in giving credit where credit is due but at times it is also a good thing to do charity without announcements. jmo.

In the end however the only important people really are the ones benefiting from it. again jmo.

Most people who give generously don't want their names revealed for this very reason. People will criticize no matter what. At least this helps to offset some of their criticism...and I'm one of them. Who is to know whether they asked for their records to be released or someone snooping provided it~
    Playful~

I would imagine that someone just provided it but I also know that in the past it was not their records that we learned about their givings but from them or the organization after a and b held a press conference about it.

Imo I think what is sad is that b/c they are so overexposed and we know too much about them criticism is going to abound ( from myself as well unfortunately).

^^Exactly. If they provided EVERY single bit of information, rumour, gossip and innuendo that's out there about them, then wouldn't have time to do anything else. Even when paps were taking pics of one of their kid's birthday party with TELEPHOTO lenses some people here accused them of calling the paps! Insanity.

PB, off topic for one second. just wanted to say I love your signature statement and love the author.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlayfulKisses View Post
    Who is to know whether they asked for their records to be released or someone snooping provided it~
    Foundation contributions are not confidential and can be made public.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information