Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elizabeth Taylor still smiling as she's seen on a rare public outing

Default Elizabeth Taylor still smiling as she's seen on a rare public outing

A frail Dame Elizabeth Taylor smiled gamely as she was seen on a rare public outing to a restaurant in Hollywood.

Though still confined to a wheelchair because of curvature of the spine and the bone condition osteoporosis, the 75-year-old veteran of the silver screen appeared happy to be seen in public, as she left restaurant Abbey's in West Hollywood.
    With her dog on her lap, wearing a pair of sparkly sunglasses, a colourful outfit, and even a pair of high-heeled boots Elizabeth has clearly still got plenty of the pluck left, despite her prolonged battle with ill-health.
    She was also wearing a number of pricey-looking jewels from her fabulous collection.

Scroll down for more...

Still smiling: Dame Elizabeth Taylor was seen out on a rare public appearance in West Hollywood yesterday, looking frail but smiling gamely as she was pushed along in her wheelchair by an assistant

Elizabeth, who also appears to have lost a significant amount of weight, has in recent years battled a litany of ailments, including congestive heart failure and a benign brain tumour, and was previously too ill to venture out.

Last year, a bloated and clearly pain-racked was photographed while being lowered by a winch into a glass tank off the coast of Hawaii, so she could go swimming with sharks.

But she has since given up the cocktail of painkillers and steroids she took for years to control her agonising back condition.

Friends blamed her medication for the slurred speech and confused state which caused her to retreat for nearly three years to the specially-built hospital room at her lavish home, giving rise to that gossip that she was succumbing to dementia.

Scroll down for more...

Helping hand: The veteran actress enjoyed a meal out at restaurant Abbey's with a helping hand from her assistants

And clearly, the change has done her some good, as the actress appeared in good spirits as she was wheeled by an assistant in Hollywood.

Such was her recovery following years of reclusiveness, it was even rumoured that the two-times Oscar-winner was about to embark on a ninth marriage to 47-year-old businessman Jason Winters.
    Stunning: The double Oscar-winning actress in her glamorous heyday

She told a US newspaper: "Jason Winters is one of the most wonderful men I've ever known and that's why I love him."
    But friend, Martin Delaney, the founder of a San Francisco Aids charity of which Winters has been a patron for more than 15 years, rebuffed the rumours.
    He told the Mail: "I don't know how a marriage between them could take place. That's not the kind of relationship they've got.

"Elizabeth is friends with Jason and his long-term friend, Erik Sterling. Jason and Erik are both on the board of the charity and they have a house in Hawaii.

"I know Elizabeth is very close to Jason, but the idea of them marrying is silly stuff."

He is said by friends to have revived her interest in politics and persuaded her to fund Hillary Clinton's campaign to become U.S. President.
    Although still confined to the wheelchair due to a spine curvature, she has apparently given up the cocktail of painkillers and steroids she took for years to control the agonising back condition

Frail Elizabeth Taylor still smiling as she's seen on a rare public outing | the Daily Mail

holy shit that's depressing
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hit By Ban Bus!

We all get old...

Elite Member

Elizabeth is friends with Jason and his long-term friend, Erik Sterling. Jason and Erik are both on the board of the charity and they have a house in Hawaii.

And I have been lucky enough to stay/rent that very house in Hawaii. There is a huge pic of Elizabeth on the wall and a private (beyond tacky decorated) room for her to stay in when she is there. The house ROCKS if I could figure out how to add pics I would.

i am so over Ms. Taylor. she is so overrated, she didnt make very many movies, and she wasnt even that good of an actress. she's famous pretty much for who she slept with, married or for her beauty.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by happy8 View Post
    Elizabeth is friends with Jason and his long-term friend, Erik Sterling. Jason and Erik are both on the board of the charity and they have a house in Hawaii.

And I have been lucky enough to stay/rent that very house in Hawaii. There is a huge pic of Elizabeth on the wall and a private (beyond tacky decorated) room for her to stay in when she is there. The house ROCKS if I could figure out how to add pics I would.

Ooooh what were you doing there? Do you know them or do they rent it out?

I love Liz - always will.

She's not a young looking 75, but she's done a lot of living.

“What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I like her because even though she tended to come across as quite elegant in alot of her roles (mainly because she was so beautiful) she was actually a real down and dirty woman who could swear like a sailor and drink with the best of 'em. Today, though, she'd be just like many of our starlets: hounded by the press, some dodgy husband/boyfriend/lover selling pics of her blowing him to the highest bidder and condemned for actually being *gasp* human. I'm guessing all the old-time movie stars are thankful they had the studio machinary behind them, no matter how much they despised it at the time.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

She has one of the prettiest eye colors I've ever seen. They're almost lavender.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

She's gorgeous and funny and raunchy and I adore her for living her life the way she wanted, not the way others thought she should. I guess that's why I defend the celebs I defend. I'm a sucker for a hardcore woman.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

wow I never would have recognized her if her name wasn't attached to the article.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Living Legend.

Adore this woman~
    Playful~

Only a short time ago, Liz would never have left her home with her hair looking this way.
    Scariest Halloween mask ever > > >

Elvira...I'm glad to see you here tonight. I've wanted to ask how you're feeling and know we are all wishing you a speedy recovery~
    Playful~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information