Thread: Barack Obama set to appear on The View

Default Barack Obama set to appear on The View

Barack Obama will appear on The View Friday, March 28 for the first time since becoming a candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination.

Obama's sit-down comes in the wake of his much-lauded speech on race in America, which he made following an uproar over inflammatory remarks made by his former paster, Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr., that he has denounced.

"The fact is," he said in a speech Tuesday, "that the comments that have been made and the issues that have surfaced over the last few weeks reflect the complexities of race in this country that we’ve never really worked through – a part of our Union that we have yet to perfect."

"And if we walk away now," he continued, "if we simply retreat into our respective corners, we will never be able to come together and solve challenges like health care, or education, or the need to find good jobs for every American."

The reaction to the speech has been mostly positive. "A presidential candidate actually spoke to Americans about race as though we were adults," Jon Stewart remarked.

"Inaugural addresses by Abraham Lincoln and Franklin D. Roosevelt come to mind, as does John F. Kennedy's 1960 speech on religion, with its enduring vision of the separation between church and state," the New York Times opined.

Earlier this week, View co-host Elizabeth Hasselbeck took issue with Obama's response to Wright's comments

"To say that he has just now distanced himself, concerns me because I think that they have a long-standing relationship," she said on the show.

source: Usmagazine.com | Barack Obama Set to Appear on The View
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

I bet Elisabeth is shitting herself.

$10 says Sherri embarrasses the shit out of herself (without realizing it) and the rest of the panel.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Elite Member

^^oh yeah, this should be good!

Let the softball questions and excuses continue!

I'm getting tired of seeing how the media bends over backwards to give Obama opportunities to defend himself, talk about his ideas, and promote his platforms. I don't see either of the other candidates being afforded anywhere NEAR this amount of free advertisement.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I'm getting tired of seeing how the media bends over backwards to give Obama opportunities to defend himself, talk about his ideas, and promote his platforms. I don't see either of the other candidates being afforded anywhere NEAR this amount of free advertisement.
    Actually I'm sure the opportunities abound for all of them, but they just chose not to take the offers. For example, tonight Anderson Cooper had an hour devoted to Barack Obama's campaign where he interviewed him for the hour. Anderson said that he offered the same time to Hillary Clinton but she has so far refused.

Well if anyone can handle that pack of harpies, it's Barack.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Well if anyone can handle that pack of harpies, it's Barack.
    LMAO!!!! I love you!

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    $10 says Sherri embarrasses the shit out of herself (without realizing it) and the rest of the panel.
    Knowing Sherri she'll tell Obama that there's some guy that looks just like him running for president, and then ask Obama if he's related to the guy.

Let's see, didn't NBC just give Hillary a chance to come on SNL and use that as a platform to whine about Obama getting special treatment from the media right before the Texas & Ohio primaries? I think that was definitely free advertisement.

Exactly, it's like he is some sort of chosen one. So annoying!
    Love ya,
    Dara

By the end of the interview, they'll probably be kissing his ass... literally.
    "The most important question in all of human kind is..... would you hit it or not?" ~potato_chips

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Easy money.

[quote=kingcap72;1111124]Knowing Sherri she'll tell Obama that there's some guy that looks just like him running for president, and then ask Obama if he's related to the guy.

quote]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information