Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Sticky fingers' Winona Ryder in new shoplifting scandal claims magazine

Default 'Sticky fingers' Winona Ryder in new shoplifting scandal claims magazine

03/19/2008

A shopping trip has put Winona Ryder in the news again.

The 36-year-old actress was spotted leaving a Hollywood store with make-up on her that she hadn't paid for, according to a US report.

Actress Winona made headlines six years ago, when at the peak of her career she was convicted of shoplifting 3,000 worth of clothing from a Saks Fifth Avenue in Beverly Hills.

Now in a new incident, according to America's National Enquirer magazine, the Girl Interrupted star recently set off the security alarm at Hollywood CVC Pharmacy after making several purchases.

According to the publication, when she left the store, she set off an alarm that drew the attention of a security guard.

A store employee is quoted as saying: "Winona had a bag of stuff, but she set off the theft alarm when she left the store.

"When a security guard stopped her, he found make-up she had not paid for."

And when she was asked about the make-up, Winona answered: "I don't know how that happened."

The store employee added: "We took unpaid items back and she left the store."

Winona's publicist at first denied the incident took place. But when told a store employee had confirmed it, said she would check with her again.

In Winona's past shoplifting scandal back in 2002, she claimed as part of her defence that she stole from a Beverly Hills store to prepare for a film role.

But the court found her guilty, and she was sentenced to three years probation and 480 hours of community service.

Source: 'Sticky fingers' Winona Ryder in new shoplifting scandal, claims magazine| Showbiz | This is London
    The nerve of some stores expecting payment for their goods.
    Scariest Halloween mask ever > > >

Ya know, that's just so strange to me.

Random story...I had a friend in high school who had very wealthy parents. She was a shoplifter. Did it for the 'thrill'. It was almost an addiction...I never quite understood it.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

I hope that's not true. She's crazy if it is. Talk about a great way to make sure your career is definitely effed up!

Aww but the poor girl can't get any decent work since the last time. She's poor now so she's allowed to steal

It's a bit like Greasy Brandon stealing that watch from his friend. He could afford as many of those he wanted, but he wanted that one. Is it greed or a sickness I wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by Morticia View Post
    Aww but the poor girl can't get any decent work since the last time. She's poor now so she's allowed to steal

It's a bit like Greasy Brandon stealing that watch from his friend. He could afford as many of those he wanted, but he wanted that one. Is it greed or a sickness I wonder.

I think it's both. Plus stupidity.

Rehab...table for one?

Silver Member

CVS Pharmacy? Really? What was she lifting? Wet and Wild?

Quote Originally Posted by Cate View Post
    CVS Pharmacy? Really? What was she lifting? Wet and Wild?

Sounds like she isn't even aware when she's stealing.

Think about all the times she hasn't been caught. I can not stand people like her.

Quote Originally Posted by Bijoux View Post
    Sounds like she isn't even aware when she's stealing.
    And she probably isn't, you know.

I have an aunt like that. it's very sad, for us the family.
    Sometimes she only realises she took certain things when she gets home. She is unconsciously doing it. It all became so natural to her.

She used to take care of me on holidays when younger & the day I realised she was stealing it became a nightmare for me to go shopping with her, or just to go outside the house actually.
    We tried to help, several times. But you cannot help someone against their will.

She thinks she's fine, at 68, she still thinks she's fine.
    Go figure.

Stats show that a lot of people who steal have the money on their person to pay for whatever they've taken.

i had a friend like that in college. I stopped going to shops with him because he would just take things...it was absent, like he wasn't even aware. We would walk out and later he would pull something out of his pocket I knew he didn't buy.

He was the most straight-laced guy,ever, too.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Eli

Am I getting this right? She got stopped for shop-lifting on her face???
    That's ridiculous, you try different blends on, different shades, etc. You don't go "hmm now that's about 1% of this lipstick, so what's that, 1 cent? Here you go, keep the change."

^^No, she had actual items that she didn't buy, not just makeup on her face. Items that the store security took right back before they let her go on her merry kleptomaniac way. Bitch has a problem.

Oh, and Morticia, I think Brandon's case is totally different because I keep reading that his parents have actually cut him off. As in, his family has lots and lots of money, but they're fed up with his coke-whoring antics, embarrassing association with vile celebutards like Paris Hilton, and fed up with his useless existence in general. So no more money for Greasy Brandon, he actually is broke. Or more likely on some strict allowance that his self-entitled junkie ass can't figure out how to live off of.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information