Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: David Caruso bullies CSI show set

Default David Caruso bullies CSI show set

Cranky Caruso Bullies 'CSI'
    Posted Mon. Mar. 17, 2008 7:07am by Page Six Filed Under David Caruso, Fresh Ink

DAVID Caruso's ego has grown just as big as the ratings for his hit CBS show, CSI: Miami. On-set sources say he rewrites every scene he's in and instructs the director on how to do his job.
    According to e-mails sent to Defamer.com, "[Caruso] can't walk and talk at the same time — you should see him on stairs. He requires dozens of takes for simplest line-readings and can't even put his CSI gloves on on-camera. He will cuss uncontrollably, often in front of a child actor, and blame everyone but himself for his inability to act."
    The insider continued, "He rewrites every scene he is in, so he is totally to blame for the hackneyed one-liners. He will take anything the writers give him and destroy it. And the sunglasses bit is all his, a truly innovative contribution to his character. But as he said to us many times, 'What should I do? I am a grown man with red hair.' "We used to call the Diet Coke his 'acting juice' and he once asked the director of photography to make it seem like he was flying to the crime scene, explaining that [his character] Horatio is actually a mythical superhero. For real." Another on-set spy added: "Caruso asks when, in the scene, there will be a close-up of the sunglasses — in every scene."
    But an ally of Caruso fumed, "David's one-liners and sunglasses have become branded and are iconic TV moments. Everyone from Jim Carrey to David Letterman has joined the bandwagon parodying them. David headlined last year's CBS upfront presentation delivering the entire CBS lineup with his one-liners and wearing sunglasses. Justifying his acting ability is ridiculous. David has been working opposite Richard Gere, Russell Crowe and Robert De Niro and headlines a top-rated TV series. It is clear his acting speaks for itself." As for alleged indiscretions on-set, the ally adds, "Occasionally spitting or cursing on the set? Well, find me an adult male — or female for that matter — who hasn't done that. All in all, CSI: Miami is a hugely successful show, and for David, his life is all about the show, and his kids." Caruso's rep declined to comment.

David Caruso's ego has grown as big as 'CSI: Miami' ratings
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

He sounds difficult.
    That Adam Rodriguez is caliente.

I don't care-I like him. He must be doing something right. I usually get bored with shows after a season or two. Not this one-I really look forward to it. So he has an ego-what actor doesn't!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I like him too and I've seen interviews where he admits he fucked up with NYPD Blue and won't be doing that again so I find this hard to believe.

he came from the William Shatner school of acting
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by msdebagain View Post

You took the words right out of my mouth msdebagain! Everytime I try to watch that show it's like watching an episode of Star Trek with a more expensive set. I just don't get his appeal. I prefer the original CSI and that's the only one I watch.
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

^^He really, really did!! His acting is soooo terrible that it's good; it's entertaining in and of itself. It's like a wreck I can't look away from!! It's really the only reason I watch CSI: Miami.

I've studied his formula and I think I got it: He delivers most of his line with down cast eyes so when he suddenly delivers the "punchline" part he can make ~*dramatic eye contact*~ with the person he's talking to. You can tell it's his idea of adding emotional depth to a scene.

So I can totally believe that he can't deliver a line while maneuvering stairs. And it's completely funny that he is the mastermind behind his incredibly cheesy lines!

Elite Member

I prefer the original CSI and that's the only one I watch.
    ITA. Can't stand what he does to CSI:Miami, even though I really like some of the other characters.

I like some of the other characters too. Adam Rodriguez for one. Khandi Alexander adds some sass too. I'll always remember her as the video ho from the Chris Rock movie CB4.

The other thing is that CSI Miami has beautiful cinematography. Whatever light filters tricks or production work they do to make every shot look so bright and vibrant with light and saturated color, makes even boring shots beautiful to look at.

But even William Shatner is a better actor than Caruso

Didn't his ego make him leave NYPD Blue to do that film "Jade"?
    As I recall, that film wasn't what anyone would call "good". David, David, David...learn your lessons...

Didn't his ego make him leave NYPD Blue to do that film "Jade"?
    As I recall, that film wasn't what anyone would call "good". David, David, David...learn your lessons...

I don’t trust these David Caruso stories. There is some crazed woman who has been making up stories about David for years.
    Check out the last two pages of this thread ~
    David Caruso and Eva La Rue Callahan couple alert
    Scariest Halloween mask ever > > >

Yeah, but that crazyfan notwithstanding, I still think his acting is horrific and it's completely easy to believe his ego is ridiculously inflated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information