Thread: Jim Carrey to pen a depression self-help book

Default Jim Carrey to pen a depression self-help book

Jim Carrey To Pen A Depression Self-Help Book

Actor Jim Carrey is writing a self-help book for sufferers of depression who want to avoid using drugs to beat the condition. The Mask star battled with depression for years after his meteoric rise to fame in the 1990s, using Prozac and other medication to try and control his dark thoughts.
    However, the 46-year-old states that numbing the pain with medication is not the way to deal with the problem, and hopes his new book will help people focus on where their problems stem from.
    He says, "I dealt with depression for a while by medicating with Prozac and although it was good for dealing with the problem there and then, I wasn't getting to the bottom of my anger and frustration."
    "I think we have a real problem these days in that everything is treated with a drug. I think there's a whole new way of healing depression that doesn't require drugs, and I'm writing a book about it. Who better than a comedian to talk about depression right?"

Jim Carrey To Pen A Depression Self-Help Book - Starpulse Entertainment News Blog
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Oh dear. Even though I agree that way too many ailments are 'cured' with a pill he's sounding on the verge of becoming a Cos.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

A combo of daily exercise, natural sunlight, and not getting too much sleep works wonders for my depression.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

^^Agreed.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I've tried it all. I now take anti-depressants and my life has changed. Of course, a pill won't cure you, once you stop taking it all of the problems can come back. I've found that it helps me clear my head of all of the negative shit and allows me to have healthy, clear thoughts.

Yeah, Jim is drinking the CO$ Kool-Aid. I'm surprised he believes that Jenny's son has Autism. I thought the CO$ didn't believe in such things.

I agree that head meds are over prescribed. Feel fatigued? Here try prozac! Umm, no I'm fatigued you half-wit, not depressed.

That said, these drugs are a life and sanity saver to many.

If Jim gets all anti-psychiatry we'll know that he's on board with L.Ron and friends.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Gold Member

He may not be a pyramid-scheme follower but...hmmmm...could his depression have something to do with the end of his marriage and the fact that he's walking around like a sad clown guy all the time (happy on outside but miserable on the inside)? This was his entire schtick throughout the 1990s. I'm sorry, you just can't live that way without it all crashing down.

Still looking for something to help me, counselling is good for me but won't be for everyone, I guess finding the right thing for you is key, as depression is different for everyone.

I saw a pic in a tabloid of Jenny McCarthy. which mentioned that she's working on something with Leah Remini now.

I'd say she and Jim are goners. Fucking CO$! What kills me is that she has an autistic kid.
    I saw a film today, oh boy.

Thread Information