Thread: Anna Kournikova: 'I feel great when I sweat'

Default Anna Kournikova: 'I feel great when I sweat'

Anna Kournikova keeps in shape for her job as a tennis pro, but she says exercise helps her remain positive, as well.

"I feel great when I sweat and get all the negative energy out," she told PEOPLE Wednesday night at the opening of KSwiss's new store in Santa Monica, Calif.

For the athlete, focusing on doing "weights and machines to keep the muscle mass on" is important, but the other benefits of fitness are just as rewarding. "It's all about building muscle and feeling good about yourself," she says. "I do some cardio but very little, just to relieve the stress and sweat."

Kournikova has competed against some of the world's top-ranking tennis players, but off the court she's also faced some tough battles including Internet speculation about her weight loss, which she says, "really doesn't affect me."

"You know that you're a public person. You know what you're getting yourself into and you just have to be okay with yourself," she says. "It's just somebody's opinion and you just can't focus on that."

As for her relationship with longtime boyfriend Enrique Iglesias, Kournikova simply says that "everything is good." (The couple recently dodged rumors they were engaged.) And with both of their busy schedules, "it's just really important to understand each other."

Anna Kournikova: 'I Feel Great When I Sweat' - Bodywatch, Anna Kournikova : People.com

I have to agree with her. People would say 'Exercise really does release the happy hormones' and I'd think 'Pfft, right' but then I started walking, using the gym equipment my Mum spent thousands of dollars on but never uses, and its true; exercise is great. The mind and the body likes it

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Agree...exercise is great and I always feel better when I stick to it regularly.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Saturday morning my car wouldn't start... went for a run to the coffee shop... what coffee shop doesn't open until 11am... oh well, the run was really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry gashes View Post
    I have to agree with her. People would say 'Exercise really does release the happy hormones' and I'd think 'Pfft, right' but then I started walking, using the gym equipment my Mum spent thousands of dollars on but never uses, and its true; exercise is great. The mind and the body likes it
    Absolutely. Nothing rids me of stress better than a good ass workout.

Anna looks so much better in that pic than the bag of bones she was looking like not too long ago.

Thread Information