Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Madonna and Guy Ritchie split

Elite Member

Default Madonna and Guy Ritchie split

Madonna and Guy Ritchie are Dunzo

March 16, 2008

This might not be coming from the most reliable source but something tells us that it might be true. News of the World is reporting that Madonna and her husband Guy Ritchie are dunzo. The only thing is that they are gonna announce their split in 18 months. The reason she wants them to announce it is because she needs her peeps to start working on how the press will handle their split.

A source said, "Madonna and Guy are over. It's all very amicable. They've just fallen out of love with each other. They just think it's for the best as after some great years together they've been going their separate ways. Guy has failed to show up at events which are important to Madge. He just hasn't taken as much interest as he has previously in what she's doing."

The reason this might be true is because looking back, the two havenít been seen together for a very long time. Madonna had very high profile events and parties in which she brought her daughter Lourdes as a date. That should get you a bit suspicious no?

Celebrity News, Fashion, and Gossip | Hollyscoop

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

It is going to have to come from a more reliable source for me to believe it.
    ďHave you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?Ē George Carlin

The thread title wrongly makes it sound like they have announced a split!

Seriously? I really don't want to believe it..
    I doubt it until I'll see it somewhere else..

^That's what I thought too, Sarzy.
    I can't say I'm very surprised if they have; they have never looked compatible to me.

Elite Member

Madonna and Guy Richie to announce a split in 18 months

Madonna and Guy Richie’s marriage is on the rocks - and the pair are to announce a split, it has been claimed.
    Rumors that the marriage was in trouble were further fueled this week when Richie, 39, failed to make an appearance at Madge’s induction into the Rock ‘n’ Roll Hall of Fame.
    And friends fear that they’ll go their separate ways - but will hold off announcing the decision for 18 months.
    A source said: “Madonna and Guy are over. It’s all very amicable. They’ve just fallen out of love with each other.
    “They just think it’s for the best as after some great years together they’ve been going their separate ways
    “Madonna has been recording her new album Hard Candy and Guy has been trying to focus on putting a decent film out, so they are heading down different paths.”
    “Guy has failed to show up at events which are important to Madge. He just hasn’t taken as much interest as he has previously in what she’s doing.”
    Rumors of a marriage breakdown have been rife for some time, and the pair - who married in 2000 - haven’t been photographed together since their trip to India in January.
    Madonna is set to relocate to New York with her three children, Lourdes, 11, Rocco 7, and two-year-old David Banda - who the Material Girl adopted from Malawi in 2006.
    Adds the source: “They’ll try to keep things under wraps for the moment, but Guy will remain living in London and Madonna is set for New York with the kids.
    “Guy will get as much access as he wants because there hasn’t been a massive falling-out.
    “They’re agreeing to part on the best of terms.
    “She has finally made the decision to go to America and has instructed her staff to prepare for the move. Everything will go—except Guy.”
    Friends say Madonna, 49, is now in talks with her PR team to see how the move will affect her career, which has netted her a multi million dollar fortune and secured her as one of the world’s most famous and wealthiest female singers.

Madonna and Guy Richie to announce a split in 18 months | Showbiz Gossip, Showbiz News, Entertainment News - Showbiz Spy

Damn, didn't see it coming.

^^ Really? I was wondering what took them so long.

Not the least bit surprised. Band-aid babies never work.

Quote Originally Posted by Morticia View Post
    ^^ Really? I was wondering what took them so long.
    They weren't that interesting to me, so I had no idea.. but I liked them together.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

He's finally woken up and realized his career has been in the shitter since hooking up with her. What is the deal with Madge? She seems to suck the life force out of every man who comes in contact with her. I mean, it took YEARS for Sean Penn to get his mojo back. Warren Beatty seems to be one of the few who escaped relatively unscathed.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Elite Member

I figured as much. He didn't show up to support her when she was inducted into the R&R Hall of Fame, and there was some other recent important event where he was not by her side but should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    He's finally woken up and realized his career has been in the shitter since hooking up with her. What is the deal with Madge? She seems to suck the life force out of every man who comes in contact with her. I mean, it took YEARS for Sean Penn to get his mojo back. Warren Beatty seems to be one of the few who escaped relatively unscathed.
    I completely agree. He needs to get out and away from the succubus Madge as soon as he can if he is to have any chance of a recovery.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Wait - they're splitting up but not for 18 whole months?!?! How coldly calculating is THAT?
    A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.(Lana Turner)

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Madge coldly calculating? I'm shocked!
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information