Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LL Cool J pays 10 percent to God

Default LL Cool J pays 10 percent to God

LL Cool J Pays 10 Percent To God

LL Cool J credits his career luck to the fact he pays 10 per cent of his earnings to God. The rapper has been paying substantial amounts to the church for "years."
    He says, "I'm paying tithes by 10 percent of the gross going to the church. This is the only thing that has taken my career from here to there. You're seeing the glory of God when you see my career. God judges the heart, so when you give, your heart gets judged."

LL Cool J Pays 10 Percent To God - Starpulse Entertainment News Blog
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

wow, god exchanges favors for cash...

who knew?

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

...but does he cheat on his taxes?.....God does.....

Le sigh, he's gorgeous, talented and muscley...I worship him, why can 't he give ten percent of his earnings to me!!!
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

He gets on my nerves; always licking his lips.
    He's gay.

i'd eat dinner off of his 6 pack
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I'd eat dinner off his anything....I'm a tad bit obsessed
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Paying tithes is the biggest scam. Last time I checked God didn't need money. And why do you need to pay 10% of your earnings to a church so they can put it in the 'building fund,' which means the pastor will be driving around in a new car that you helped pay for.

The daY I see God withdrawing tithings from an ATM is the day I believe in.............well fairies.
    Jack I swear.

Default Um...

Last year he told the Daily News that he tithes but tithing to him is giving to whoever needs it. Not necessarily the church. That, I can agree with.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

He also gives 10% to his male lover.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Paying tithes is the biggest scam. Last time I checked God didn't need money. And why do you need to pay 10% of your earnings to a church so they can put it in the 'building fund,' which means the pastor will be driving around in a new car that you helped pay for.
    The reason people pay tithes is because they have strong faith and belief in God and are being obedient to his word in the Bible. He says you will be blessed and your finances will double and that has come to pass. Its on the minister if he does not do right with the money.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Calimaster View Post
    The reason people pay tithes is because they have strong faith and belief in God and are being obedient to his word in the Bible. He says you will be blessed and your finances will double and that has come to pass. Its on the minister if he does not do right with the money.
    Plus your tithes should be used for doing "God's work" - feeding the hungry, helping the poor, stuff like that as well as supporting the church to provide spiritual refuge. We give to our church but we also give a substantial amount to the homeless shelter and Habitat for Humanity and Heifer International, and I think that counts too.

I don't believe "your finances will double" though. The Bible says that God will pour out blessings but I don't think that means you can get rich by tithing. That's prosperity gospel spread by unscrupulous preachers. I know tons of people who tithe but they're not even remotely rich.

I do know one family that is in serious debt and they started tithing last year (not 10%, I don't think, just whatever they could give) and their situation has improved and they were able to pay off $14,000 in debt last year. I have a lot of stories about how people have been blessed by giving but none of them involve people doubling their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Calimaster View Post
    God didn't write the Bible, man did. No offense, but it's naive for anybody to think that if they pay their tithes that they're actually giving money to God.

And I have a strong faith and belief in God, too, but that doesn't mean I'm giving 10% of my earnings to a church. If somebody wants to follow the beliefs of the Bible, then donate that 10% to charity, give it to some homeless people, or to somebody that you know is struggling financially.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    Plus your tithes should be used for doing "God's work" - feeding the hungry, helping the poor, stuff like that as well as supporting the church to provide spiritual refuge. We give to our church but we also give a substantial amount to the homeless shelter and Habitat for Humanity and Heifer International, and I think that counts too.

I don't believe "your finances will double" though. The Bible says that God will pour out blessings but I don't think that means you can get rich by tithing. That's prosperity gospel spread by unscrupulous preachers. I know tons of people who tithe but they're not even remotely rich.

I do know one family that is in serious debt and they started tithing last year (not 10%, I don't think, just whatever they could give) and their situation has improved and they were able to pay off $14,000 in debt last year. I have a lot of stories about how people have been blessed by giving but none of them involve people doubling their money.
    You are right in what you say, and I stand corrected. It is said that he will bless you in two-fold but "doubling your money" was the wrong term to use.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information