Thread: Alicia Silverstone runs screaming from Britney Spears, turns down tv paycheck

Talking Alicia Silverstone runs screaming from Britney Spears, turns down tv paycheck

Alicia Silverstone reportedly pulled out of US TV show 'How I Met Your Mother' after learning Britney Spears was appearing in the same episode.

The 'Clueless' star - who is a huge fan of the hit series - was scheduled to appear in the 14th episode of the season but dropped out after deciding it would be too "chaotic", according to E! Online.

A source close to the actress said: "Alicia was really excited about appearing on the show, but when she found out she would have to share the spotlight with Britney she wasn't too keen.

"She knows that everyone would be going out of their way to look after Britney, and it would be so chaotic nobody would look after her."

Alicia will reportedly be replaced by 'Scrubs' star Sarah Chalke in the episode which sees Britney play "sweet and nerdy" secretary Abby.

Meanwhile, 'How I Met Your Mother' creator Craig Thomas has revealed how Britney got her guest slot.

He told Us Weekly magazine: "Britney's people said she was looking for a small part on a funny show, and she checked out our show and liked it. Her people were really receptive to the idea of bringing her in and just doing a funny role for her. It all came together really quickly - it was kind of shocking.

"She seemed to click with the rest of the cast and fitted right in! She was having a good time. She was laughing. It's a very sweet, romantic episode, so the vibe in the room was just very fun. Everyone was having a good time, and I think she had a good time too."

(C) BANG Media International
    Bahahaha
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I love Sarah Chalke.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

She fitted right in, yall!

I'm no English expert, but how does one "fitted" in?

I don't blame Alicia. I doubt it was that no one would look after her, maybe she just didn't want to put up with Britney not showing up on time, Britney having meltdowns, Britney acting like Britney. Maybe, like many of us, she is disgusted by Britney's constant crotch showing, her disregard for her kids, and her attention whore-ishness, and decided not to be a part of it.

I like Sarah in Scrubs, tho her acting paled in comparison to Alicia Goranson's as Becky Connor on Roseanne.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Ha, I think it's more like she wanted the "guest spot" to herself. People will watch to see Britney...who gives a crap about Alicia Silverstone?

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    She fitted right in, yall!

Alicia prob doesn't want to get high from the Cheetos/meth-induced Britney fumes

Quote Originally Posted by Trixiebelle View Post
    Ha, I think it's more like she wanted the "guest spot" to herself. People will watch to see Britney...who gives a crap about Alicia Silverstone?
    I agree with you. Which is too bad, I liked Alicia Silverstone before. Who knew she was so self-important? She should have done it anyway, she needs the exposure as I can't even remember what's the last thing I saw her in.

I have to admit though, I'd gag too if I found out I had to work with that twit. But it's Hollywood, they should be used to working with morons, fuck-ups and assholes aplenty...

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I agree with you. Which is too bad, I liked Alicia Silverstone before. Who knew she was so self-important? She should have done it anyway, she needs the exposure as I can't even remember what's the last thing I saw her in.

I have to admit though, I'd gag too if I found out I had to work with that twit. But it's Hollywood, they should be used to working with morons, fuck-ups and assholes aplenty...
    Yes, but even with plenty of those, Britney is in a class by herself

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Normos View Post
    I like Sarah in Scrubs, tho her acting paled in comparison to Alicia Goranson's as Becky Connor on Roseanne.
    I strongly agree. I hope they all signed contracts (like the actors on Friends and Seinfeld)that allowed them to make money off all the reruns that are on Oxygen and Roseanne isn't the only one raking in all the syndication dough. They play the hell out of that show. Sometimes it is on for HOURS and HOURS at a time. I wil watch when there is nothing else I like on. Kind of scary. Hundreds of channels and I watch Roseanne. I guess it was a good show.

I can't blame Alicia. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near the madness that surrounds Britney.

Thread Information