Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kate Hudson and son Ryder catch up with Chris Robinson in NYC

Default Kate Hudson and son Ryder catch up with Chris Robinson in NYC

After a rumor-filled weekend in Miami conveniently coinciding with possibly on-again boyfriend Owen Wilson, Kate Hudson was in NYC yesterday with the two men who will always be in her life Ryder and Chris Robinson. She and Chris aren't married anymore, but she's always made sure to keep things amicable for Ryder's sake, and how could you deny that he looks happy with both mom and dad? He is such the spitting image of Chris, it's crazy. The circumstance may not be conventional, but they're still one of our favorite Hollywood families.

popsugar.com

I've always thought he looked more like Kate than Chris.

^^ Me too.

Looks like Chris has gained a little weight, which is a good thing.

three of the ugliest people on the planet!

Gold Member

OK, I have zero desire to be a mother but can't you decide BEFORE you have a kid that you don't want to be together anymore? Why bring a kid into your own selfish BS? Or, does having kids raise the likelihood for divorce? Please understand, I'm not blaming kids--they don't ask to be put on this planet.

Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    three of the ugliest people on the planet!

I have never seen a picture of Ryder smiling. He always looks depressed. I guess if I had these freakshows as parents I would be depressed too.
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

He does look like Kate. Which isn't saying much....

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy Burnett View Post
    Or, does having kids raise the likelihood for divorce?
    According to my Sociology of the Family class, the period in which children are in the home is the hardest time for a marriage ... one kid equals eighteen years during which the marriage is either going to hold together or bust apart.

I think a lot of it also has to do with the fact that people nowadays aren't very careful choosing their partners. The mentality seems to be, oh, if it doesn't work we'll just get a divorce or oh, a kid will fix everything/make him love me. And the result of that is no one is willing to work at keeping the marriage going when things get tough.

OK, I have zero desire to be a mother but can't you decide BEFORE you have a kid that you don't want to be together anymore? Why bring a kid into your own selfish BS? Or, does having kids raise the likelihood for divorce? Please understand, I'm not blaming kids--they don't ask to be put on this planet.
    Shit happens! People change. The kid is better off with them being civil and apart....rather than staying together and being miserable, just for the kids sake.

So are you assuming that couple who end up divorced start off by saying, "hey let's get married, knock out a few kids and then split up!!!" This is the funniest thing I have seen on here in a long time. Fact - most people get married and believe it will last forever. They start a family and still believe they will be together forever. Then life happens.

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    According to my Sociology of the Family class, the period in which children are in the home is the hardest time for a marriage ... one kid equals eighteen years during which the marriage is either going to hold together or bust apart.

I think a lot of it also has to do with the fact that people nowadays aren't very careful choosing their partners. The mentality seems to be, oh, if it doesn't work we'll just get a divorce or oh, a kid will fix everything/make him love me. And the result of that is no one is willing to work at keeping the marriage going when things get tough.
    Some close friends of our were together nine years...got married after five together, had a baby after three...the wife was always just 'sort of' happy. Then, a year after kiddo was born, she came out. They got divorced, married alternate spouses and now everyone is living quite happily. We are close with both sets of parents(The kiddo is now coming up on 8) I think a child being born can be an unfortunate catalyst for some things that might not be acknowledged otherwise. Our children force us to really face ourselves for what we are, and sometimes that means NOT being someone who can be with the other parent.

I'd say thats what happened here. Kate said, "Oh wait...I could be with LOTS of men!"
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by WhateverLolaWants View Post
    Kate said, "Oh wait...I could be with LOTS of men!"
    And we've see how true that statement was!

I like her sunglasses.

I think they are an adorable family shame they couldn't work it out. I've always love Chris and his music.

I do agree that the mentality of well if it sucks we'll just get divorced seems pretty rampant right now. I just had a friend get married a month ago that said that to me. It doesn't seem that simple to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information